What's new

World's 10 best jet fighters

How is Thunder "not even close to Typhoon, Rafale or Flankers"? ??? Wot the bloody hell is this and people are agreeing with such garbage? Thunder Omni Role has no wings and shoots peas? Thunder has India up in hysteria, forgot Block 52 it is Thunder the world is talking about and India is trying its best to break. Thankfully with our friends the Russians providing the Engines to the Chinese we are set to bring about 300 online before anything from India is ever made for export with wings. Don't compare your paper plane LCA loud crash aircraft please. It's not even past demonstrator stage, left with an underpowered engine.

Several reasons, firstly all of the aircraft mentioned have edvantages over the Thunder in: number of targets tracked, number of targets engaged, maximum radar range (SU-35 have four times the radar range compared to JF-17). Typhoon and SU-35 have supercruis, in a low speed dogfight the SU-35 has better manuverability due to TVC, all three aircraft have a better T/W ratio. Chinese avionics just arn't mature enough to compete with the mentioned aircraft.

Several reasons, firstly all of the aircraft mentioned have edvantages over the Thunder in: number of targets tracked, number of targets engaged, maximum radar range (SU-35 have four times the radar range compared to JF-17). Typhoon and SU-35 have supercruis, in a low speed dogfight the SU-35 has better manuverability due to TVC, all three aircraft have a better T/W ratio. Chinese avionics just arn't mature enough to compete with the mentioned aircraft.

Great, have all the radar range you like, any fancy tvc dancing bird in Pakistani-Indian context will be picked up by Saab Erieye and hit with SD-10's and other BVR's in the same breath. They are also initially in their first tranch, they will get much better radars, avionics and missiles with a proposed French deal. It is mature enough to hit anything not 5th generation and the production of at least 250 is not to be laughed at.

Great, have all the radar range you like, any fancy tvc dancing bird in Pakistani-Indian context will be picked up by Saab Erieye and hit with SD-10's and other BVR's in the same breath. They are also initially in their first tranch, they will get much better radars, avionics and missiles with a proposed French deal. It is mature enough to hit anything not 5th generation and the production of at least 250 is not to be laughed at.

Where did Erieye come from? If JF-17 needs an awacs to help it on its way then, sure add phalcon to su30MKI and see how things turn ugly for JF-17 again.
If JF-17 has SD10, Su30 also has R77, R73.
JF-17 is just not what you think it is. Its just an average jet fighter. Nothing wrong with it but nothing extraordinary about it too.

The problem is the SU-35 acts like it's own awacs and the SD-10 is a 100km range missle; likewise, the R-77 is a 175km range missle, but besides that all three mentioned aircraft have better jammers, and in general all around better ew suits.

Where did Erieye come from? If JF-17 needs an awacs to help it on its way then, sure add phalcon to su30MKI and see how things turn ugly for JF-17 again.
If JF-17 has SD10, Su30 also has R77, R73.
JF-17 is just not what you think it is. Its just an average jet fighter. Nothing wrong with it but nothing extraordinary about it too.

Thanks for giving a sane response. You are one of the better Indians here. I agree with what you say but remember in the end JF-17 will have evolved into something unexpected. Also all the early warning airborne platforms will be seamlessly integrated and are being with all aircraft as well as future Chinese awacs.

The problem is the SU-35 acts like it's own awacs and the SD-10 is a 100km range missle; likewise, the R-77 is a 175km range missle, but besides that all three mentioned aircraft have better jammers, and in general all around better ew suits.

Thanks for comparing Cy-35 to JF-17. Will you sleep well tonight your highness? In seriousness, the figures are tilted towards these high end platforms obviously. But I don't see any Cy-35 flying. It's all theory. As for comparing it to Typhoons and Rafales, it's unnecessary. JF-17 fits a light strike/interdiction role and you are comparing the initial tranches of it. By the second block there will be significant differences. It won't put it on par with high end birds but it brings the gap even much much closer.

Thanks for comparing Cy-35 to JF-17. Will you sleep well tonight your highness?In seriousness, the figures are tilted towards these high end platforms obviously. But I don't see any Cy-35 flying. It's all theory. As for comparing it to Typhoons and Rafales, it's unnecessary. JF-17 fits a light strike/interdiction role and you are comparing the initial tranches of it. By the second block there will be significant differences. It won't put it on par with high end birds but it brings the gap even much much closer.

You asked why the Thunder isn't close to the Typhoon, Rafale, and SU-35 and i gave you several reasons.

Remember it was you with the notion that the JF-17 is in the league of the Typhoon, SU-35, and Rafale. Not to bring the JF-17 down but it is not mature enough and its avionics are obviously not the best.

But I don't see any Cy-35 flying

Go to Russia, they are definately in service, and another 36 is on order

I never intended to hurt/argue you. I wouldn't have spoken that way if you had mentioned this copy/paste in your first post.
but you did, and i even gave you the link but u never bother to look at it:disagree:

You asked why the Thunder isn't close to the Typhoon, Rafale, and SU-35 and i gave you several reasons.

Remember it was you with the notion that the JF-17 is in the league of the Typhoon, SU-35, and Rafale. Not to bring the JF-17 down but it is not mature enough and its avionics are obviously not the best.

Go to Russia, they are definately in service, and another 36 is on order

Yes JF-17 is in a league within reach of all of the aircraft you have mentioned and compared. You are making it sound as if in aerial combat the Thunder will not have a slight chance in making a kill. This is leaving out lots of details but of course it is easy to argue that such and such is better because the radar range is bigger. That doesn't make JF-17 obsolete in terms of a threat to any aircraft except ones that can evade radar detection by early warning AESA radars. Russia is also not PAF's immediate threat. Indian acquisitions are a slow process, just a few squadrons of Su-30 is the difference between PAF and IAF right now. Hardly worth risking a full blown war over. By the time IAF inducts serious platforms Thunder will be packing some mean talons, well bolstered by at least 18 highly capable Block 52 and possibly a similar equipped J-10 and a handful more Chinese early warning birds.

Last edited:
But you never mentioned that you copy pasted in the first place. You said that only in the middle of the discussion. Chill out dawg
As i said before ' You didn't just play with fire, you soaked the matches in gasoline'

Back
Top Bottom