What's new

Work on GHQ Complex in capital may start soon

I'll be happy with that once the 38% of children who never go to school in their lives get to go to one and the other millions get to drink safe drinking water and every 14th child born in Pakistan does not die as an infant.

This is a country ravaged by poverty, mismanagement, corruption, hegemonic ambitions and elitism. There is no place for fancy state buildings. The private sector can build all the fancy buildings it wants. There's no justification for fancy buildings at state expense when people are dying. If it were upto me, I'd clear the Aiwan e Sadr and put it up for lease alongwith everything at the Constitution Avenue and make everybody work out of trailers. I referenced to the PM Sectt. since the military and apologists used to be vocal about its "grandeur" and "extravagance" when that was being constructed. Simple and effective can work, there is no need to build architectural wonders on state money.

It's getting off-topic, hence I'll leave this matter.

i was not expecting such a (lame) reply from you, sir.

What about underground bunkers? There will be bunkers for NBC protection right?

I hope so... this is why i suggested to build it across or in middle of margla hills and build various exit tunnels all around.

otherwise imagine the wepon which US used at Baghdad airport !!! :whistle:

this money can be spend to millions of poor people in Pakistan or may be in education or social sector of the country..
Pakistan is ruled by elite generals, politicians, bureaucrats and now judges and generalists..

Why not you look at India which is spending US$ 80 billion on its defense. Pakistan is only spending US$ 6-7 billion only which is peanuts keeping in view the size of indian defense budget. there is more need of schools and hospitals in india compared to pak to cater to the need of 1 billion + population of india

This is a ploy by the military elites to feel safe (by keeping all SAMs etc)
but i have a point to make here---
The moment the enemy learns abt such a structure & all ur military generals are hiding inside.even deep inside mountains reinforced by feet upon feet of RC concrete..it will develop special weapons to penetrate such hard structures--USA has such weapons.it becomes an easy task to take away all of military leader ship in one stroke-u don't need strategies like cold start----a single kick (kickstart :Ddoctrine0 will do the job---a swarm of a dozen Mac 8 SCRAM jett powered cruise missiles will do the job well-"SCARY" so instead of concentrating on a single location--these strategic places should be scattered--
Foot note---
Should've spent this much amount on poor soldiers standing on the frontline expecting death anytime for their family's & pension.
THIS IS NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom