What's new

With a thumbs-up, guess who holds India hand? Pak

Darn India, you'd better return the favor when its time for our hiccup.

Also put a brake on your media!

Good job anyhow, I don't see how Pakistan could've been able to host games in the first place...

Good move by Pak Contingent. I hope that this will reduce some tension between the two countries.:tup:

This part was very funny and very true.
“Unhe machhar bhi dikhne lagte hain, safai se bhi problem hone lagti hai, khane ki bhi problem ho jati hai, mausam me kharabi milti hai (They start seeing mosquitoes, having problems with the cleanliness, the food, the weather...).”:rofl::rofl:

Very Good step by Pakistanis. Thanks for that.
Aur media ke bare me hum kuchh nahi kar sakte bhai. bahut sare channels hain. Competition bahut hain.
Aur apki media bhi kuchh kam nahi hain. India related matter pe bahut exaggerate karti hain.

All is not well

Pakistan upset over Games accommodation - The Times of India

KARACHI: Pakistan on Monday rejected as unsatisfactory residential facilities at the Commonwealth Games village in New Delhi, warning organisers to make improvements or provide alternative accommodation.

"Our delegation, which is visiting Delhi as part of a pre-event assessment, found the residential facilities in the village as unsatisfactory so we have given 24 hours to the organisers to bring an improvement or give us a hotel to put up our athletes," Arif Hasan, president of the Pakistan Olympic Association, said.

Hasan said the accommodation was not up to international standards but ruled out any boycott of the event.

Pakistan's objections are the latest in a series of concerns over shabby accommodation at the athletes' village for the Games, which run from October 3-14.

Several top athletes have also pulled out of the Games over security fears and health threats.

The Games organisers are racing against time to bring facilities up to international standards.

Hasan said the visiting Pakistani delegation did not attend a pre-Games meeting.

"Our delegation did not attend the delegation registration meeting because they did not find the facilities up to the mark," said Hasan, stressing that Pakistan would nevertheless participate in the Games.

"Our delegation will go as planned and we are not going to pull out."

Pakistan will compete in seven disciplines and their 75-member contingent will leave for New Delhi on September 29.

The Games will mark Pakistan's first major participation in a sporting event in India since militant attacks on Mumbai in November 2008. Since then India had halted sporting ties with Pakistan but had competed against Pakistan in multinational events.

Pakistan won one gold, three silvers and a bronze medal in the last Games held in Melbourne, Australia four years ago

^ Are there two separate delegations from Pakistan for the Games? Something is out of sync here :woot:

^ Are there two separate delegations from Pakistan for the Games? Something is out of sync here :woot:

lol....but the good part is the tour will continue and i am sure problems would be resolved....hopefully

Well the goras wont be happy with this, after all they'r the ones who make money from Indo-Pak rivalry :)

We were one before and can be one again maybe not as one nation but as two nations hearts put to one :)

Very Good step by Pakistanis. Thanks for that.
Aur media ke bare me hum kuchh nahi kar sakte bhai. bahut sare channels hain. Competition bahut hain.
Aur apki media bhi kuchh kam nahi hain. India related matter pe bahut exaggerate karti hain.

Really?

Dream On!

DAWN.COM | Sport | CGames: Pakistan upset over Games accommodation

CGames: Pakistan upset over Games accommodation

Athletes quit Commonwealth Games as criticism mounts ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is the latest team to complain about the F I L T H Y state of the accommodation at the Commonwealth Games village and has given organizers a 24-hour deadline to improve conditions or its athletes will instead stay at a hotel.

The rooms at the village were shown to Pakistan's three-member delegation on Monday, and Pakistan Olympic Association chief Arif Hasan says they're ''not fit enough to live in.''

Hasan told The Associated Press that the delegation refused to accept keys to the rooms, adding that organizers have been asked to arrange a hotel for Pakistan as a contingency plan if improvements aren't made.

Australia, New Zealand, England and Scotland among others have also complained. The games run from Sunday to Oct. 14

Following a weekend of intensive diplomacy and improvement work in the Indian city, Pakistan became the latest team to express their discontent over accommodation.
With organisers given a 24-hour deadline to improve conditions, Pakistan's Olympic Association chief Arif Hasan told Associated Press it was "not fit enough to live in", adding that contingency plans were having to be set in place should another hotel be needed.

BBC Sport - Commonwealth Games 2010: England team arrive at village

disappointing...

But really, Pakistani players should not stay in hotels. They are more prone to attacks as we saw on November 26, 2008 in Bombay.:D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom