What's new

Wing Loong I Drones deployed at PAF Base

What is the missile range of this Winglong drone. Can Pak
fly these in own airspace and fire missile into Afghanistan?
I think that will be the best move to kill these TTP inside
Afghan territory.

B
It is clearly mortars.
And the camera appears to be a fixed one or a quadcopter.
It wasn't an effective shelling too as no one was injured in this.
Beta poora oil depot tabah ho gaya, ab aor kiya chahtey ho?

Do you ever hear geo stationary cam on drone?

First drone strikes the target, later mortar shelling done with assistance with live video feed.

It is clearly mortars.
And the camera appears to be a fixed one or a quadcopter.
It wasn't an effective shelling too as no one was injured in this.
Clown teri zindagi sirf pdf pay ids bananay kay leeay mili hai tujhay

Drone Bases Updates
January 5, 2018

Mianwali, Pakistan
32°33’47N 71°34’15″E
January 5, 2018

Mianwali-2-1.jpg

By Dan Gettinger

A November 24, 2017 satellite image of PAF Base M.M. Alam in Mianwali, Pakistan shows what appears to be a medium-altitude long-endurance drone, possibly a Chinese CAIG Wing Loong I. In the image, which is accessible at TerraServer, the aircraft is parked outside a hangar near the center of the base. It is the first sign in 18 months of Pakistan’s efforts to acquire armed drones from China.

The drone in the image appears to be a Wing Loong I. This assessment is based on its wingspan—which we believe to be around 14 meters— and its V-tail, as well as a comparison with other satellite images of the Wing Loong I elsewhere in the world. No drones or supporting equipment are visible in earlier satellite images of the base, suggesting that this drone may have arrived at Alam Air Base sometime in late November. The fact that there is no evidence of additional drones at the base, along with the fact that it is painted white—not the battlefield gray like other, deployed Wing Loong drones—might suggest that it is a test platform, not an operational airframe. This would not be the first time that a Wing Loong prototype has been sent to Mianwali; a drone that appeared to be a Wing Loong I crashed during an experimental test flight near Mianwali in June 2016.

A Falco at PAF Mushaf

Pakistan has long expressed an interest in acquiring highly capable drones. It has deployed a small fleet of Falco mid-sized surveillance drones, which is produced in collaboration with Italian defense firm Leonardo, to PAF Mushaf, an air base around 115 kilometers southeast of PAF Mianwali. Pakistan’s Air Force also operates an indigenous mid-sized surveillance drone, the GIDS Shahpar, which entered into service in 2013. In 2015, the armed forces unveiled the Burraq, a mid-sized strike-capable drone closely based on China’s CASC CH-3A. The acquisition of a heavier multi-role drone like the Wing Loong I would allow Pakistan to carry out longer and more complex missions than it can with its current fleet of unmanned systems. In July 2017, Pakistan’s Aviation Design Institute announced that it was working on a medium-altitude long-endurance drone, though it will be several years until that system is ready for deployment.

China is an active exporter of strike-capable drones to countries around the world and has had a long-running interest in developing new unmanned systems. (Some of these exports were first revealed in previous drone bases updates). In December, China announced that it had successfully delivered its first Wing Loong II drones, a larger variant of the Wing Loong I, to an unnamed foreign customer. The PLA has also deployed a number of Wing Loong Is—known domestically as GJ-1—within China.
Can we look at it in light of the AvDI design. May be it is not wing loong after all. Your thoughts sir.

@EgyptianAmerican @Gomig-21 @Crocodile @The_SC
What are your thoughts? I heard they were used by the your air force in North Sinai.

Sure bro, several threads in the Arab Defense Forum on the WingLoong and CH-4 & CH-5 Rainbow being used by the EAF and crushing vermin from both sides, east in the Sinai and west from and in Libya. The Egyptian Army is building dedicated airbases for these awesome Chinese UAV/UCAVs since they've had so much success and are so happy with them.

They publish a lot of vids but won't divulge exactly which are F-16s or Apaches or WingLoongs. They're mixing a lot of the footage but you can tell the high altitude pan views and probably the colored imaging are WingLoongs. You can also distinguish a little between the type of missiles as the GBUs are coming in really hot, while the Hellfires and possibly BA-7 air-to-ground missiles, YZ-212 laser-guided bomb, YZ-102A anti-personnel bomb and 50-kilogram LS-6 guided bombs are coming in a bit slower and the seekers are really working. Some great stuff.

Cretin crushing! :-) If you watch the videos and the segments from which those two colored photpgraphs are from, it's a band of verminical cretins gathered by their 3 trucks filled with smuggled ammo and you can see that suddenly they realize something bad is coming their way and they start scattering but wooops...KABOOOMB loool. Too late. :lol:

DNeKV4-W0AEUzS0.jpg

DNeLb4tWsAAjQss.jpg

DKK7xsgWAAA6wfQ.jpg

Q3zZ1vc.jpg

8bDfrg9.jpg

eIoQk1y.jpg

CuqxiMuWEAExN91.jpg

:pissed::pissed:really does pi$$ you off. Why does it take a century for people to make up their minds.

Back
Top Bottom