What's new

Wing Loong I Drones deployed at PAF Base

Looks like our uqaab didn't yeild desired results. Hardly any news of it in the last 2 years.

2020 is year when Beidou gets operational. My assumption is PAC MALE drone would become operational in same time frame. Pakistan already has a access to Military grade Beidou albeit in a limited capacity. Would be interesting to see How this entire thing pans out
IIRC BeiDou brings SATNAV akin to GPS, to control a drone BLoS via satellite requires SATCOM, e.g. a satellite with an X-band transponder.

Currently pakistan is the second country after China in this entire region operating advanced warfare armed and unarmed drones. Burraq I and Burraq II (UCAV) along with Uqaaab and Shahpar (UAV) with Falco and many western and mini chinese drones. New Chinese WingLoon II is soon under testing (Go for trial in Pakistan) just wait... the CH1 was tested and not produced desired results in Pakistan few years ago and once crashed btw trails.

Currently Saudi Arabia and Iraq operating CH series. In Iraq, WLI produced great results against ISIS (Israeli Secret Intelligence Service).

Burraq UCAV is very large in size and carry good amount of ammoz.

Last edited:
IIRC BeiDou brings SATNAV akin to GPS, to control a drone BLoS via satellite requires SATCOM, e.g. a satellite with an X-band transponder.
In future, T-rays will replace almost all X-band related civil and militiary applications including space and terrestrial communications, Terahertz radars and imaging etc. It has a plus point: unlike X-band, it is safe for humans.
IMO, Pakistan should start conducting research on T-rays.

CH-5 seems better but hooray for Wing Long II

I have a question, can Pakistan do a drone strike and blame it on the yanks?

CH-5 seems better but hooray for Wing Long II

I have a question, can Pakistan do a drone strike and blame it on the yanks?
Pakistan will buy WING LONG II from China and is building one of its own which would be a bigger monster than WING LONG II

Pakistan will buy WING LONG II from China and is building one of its own which would be a bigger monster than WING LONG II

Hazrat I think CH-5 is better and has been an export success as well! I dont get why Pakistan is opting for Wing Long.

@Windjammer
Bro last year we did use either Buraq or winglong....
Do you have video when we torched their oil depo near LOC?

The X-Band transponder is only used in areas where Jamming is suspected . For areas like Af-Pak borders, where the main target has no such capability, any transponder requiring confirmation from satellite is not needed.
The USA's GPS as it is called is legally still "Experimental" and USA has kept it so to have the right to switch it off or deteriorate signals at any time.

Back
Top Bottom