What's new

Windows XP is a HUGE security risk

I saw the system developed in front of me and considering the mentality of Pakistani R&D folks we should be glad it uses windows XP and not 98.

Also, the reason why it is on windows XP is probably because India also uses windows XP. The day India uses the upgrade they will too, or if they decide to use iOS 11 they will too, or an abacus, they will too.

When your R&D is controlled by myopic and retirement fund gathering sidelined or retired military officers; you get a doomed mindset.

Not just that. Russian DoD also uses Windows XP. Same deal on their end too (source code being reviewed and then approved)
1030532690.jpg

Except if they are using a custom build created after a thorough review of source code provided by Microsoft, I cannot believe Pakistan's main defence system has this junk operating system as even a tiny component:

View attachment 454596

Our armed forces should invest in creating a custom Linux distribution, where every line of source code in the kernel is thoroughly reviewed and use that as the base for all critical systems, AT LEAST.

@Horus @WebMaster @The Eagle

hahaha i bet they got a pirated windows XP from a pathan at a great discount price :D

Russia has banned all product from Companies

Microsoft
iPHONE

-------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo
Google
Facebook (Data stealing Feedeer System)

As these companies allow backdoor ...acess thru security

They further use software written in Russian Language to prevent any Hack :dirol:
They have a internal policy , "трахни тебя, США"

Russians are always 1 Step ahead of game

It is no wonder systems like S300- or S400 are unhackable

Last edited:
Russia has banned all product from Companies

Microsoft
iPHONE

-------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo
Google
Facebook (Data stealing Feedeer System)

As these companies allow backdoor ...acess thru security

They further use software written in Russian Language to prevent any Hack :dirol:
They have a internal policy , "трахни тебя, США"

Russians are always 1 Step ahead of game

It is no wonder systems like S300- or S400 are unhackable

There is no such thing as "Unhackable", yes there are systems which are tough to break in but it is just a matter of time before someone finds an exploit. In fact we can't even imagine what these NSA's "Equation Group" holds in their arsenal. The famous wannacry ransomware exploit was actually stolen from these Equation Group guys by shadow brokers and this is not even the tip of the iceberg.

Any os is a risk. Until the device is disconnected from network, and has all doors closed (usb...)

Did you ever heard about meltdown and spectre ? Even devices are not secure...

I saw the system developed in front of me and considering the mentality of Pakistani R&D folks we should be glad it uses windows XP and not 98.

Also, the reason why it is on windows XP is probably because India also uses windows XP. The day India uses the upgrade they will too, or if they decide to use iOS 11 they will too, or an abacus, they will too.

When your R&D is controlled by myopic and retirement fund gathering sidelined or retired military officers; you get a doomed mindset.

Is there ANYTHING we can do that will make people listen and change this approach?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom