What's new

Will The Muslim world have a Superpower?

Which Muslim country will emerge as a superpower?

• Turkey

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saudi Arabia

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Iran

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Indonesia

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Economy is dependant on competitiveness, driven by innovation or resources. I dont know how they can outdo Iran in either, assuming no sanctions.

Iran got sanctions, but Pakistan is facing a tougher situation with the terrorism implanted by USA within the country.

Pakistan needs strong, smart, educated leadership in Islamabad & it can become a major world power within a decade.

To choose from Turkeye, Pakistan & Iran it is very difficult, Iran is resource rich but don't have world class military/nukes etc also its population is below 100M, Turkeye is economicaly developed has great military but lacks resources & it too has a population below 100M, Pakistan has great military(also 7th largest), nukes etc & a country having a population touching almost 200M out of which 70-75% are under the age of 30(60% under 20) but has corrupt leadership who has destroyed Pakistan economically also don't has huge resources. IMO if these 3 countries along with KSA make some kind of union then surely it will be a power equal to US, China or Russia.

Pakistan needs strong, smart, educated leadership in Islamabad & it can become a major world power within a decade.

Nearly impossible. It's good to have hopes, but from which Pakistan is suffering it's going to take a good few decades before we become a "major world power".

I would still stand by my opinion - Women are totally controlled in KSA. :haha:

from NYT:

"the list of fundamental rights still denied to Saudi women is long and shameful. Men — their fathers or husbands — control whether they can travel, work, receive health care, attend school or start a business. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/27/opinion/saudi-arabia-and-its-women.html?_r=0

and more women are raped in KSA and Pakistan then in India but not reported. By the quality of your posts my IQ is better then yours for sure.

Now even though I accept rapes happen in India, lets see if you have the guts to accept that women are totally controlled in KSA? Or else we know who is a bigot.

LOL, Women need permission so they don't get raped, like In India.
if Indians were smart (they are not) they would follow Saudi and reap the benefits of some of the lowest rape cases on earth.
Have you ever talked to a Saudi woman?
I have, she is a PHD student and says that there is no issues for her in Saudi.
Just because your women are used to going out in public naked (and getting raped while doing it) does not mean Saudi women are controlled just because they don't want to go out naked and get raped.

And yes yes, you now have magic powers to know when a crime happens without it even being reported!
Tell me, why didn't you use this magic power to save that poor 5 year old from getting raped and murdered?

Women are not controlled in Saudi, the get full facilities from education to sport venues.
Every Saudi woman had the ability to get a PHD if she wants to, and best of all, no saudi women ever goes to bed starving!

Now lets compare that to shining India.
How many woman have the ability to get an education?
how about medical care?
How about even food?
60% of your population is starving, don't have access to clean water, education or medicare.

Yet here are you crying like a little b!ch about women in Saudi.

Save your tears for the rape victims in India, they need it more than rich Saudi women ;)

Turkiye already top 20 economies of the world.

Economy is dependant on competitiveness, driven by innovation or resources. I dont know how they can outdo Iran in either, assuming no sanctions.

Since 1950s Pakistan has never had a recession.
On average, in our history we have had a higher growth and development rate than India. The problem is that we have bad governments that come and destroy our economy.
Pakistani economy has always been primed to explode, so when we get slightly less bad governments (ie generals) our economy reaches the high digits. Imagine how our economy would do with good honest government in charge?
We have everything for our economy to take off, the only thing stopping us is idiot people who keep voting for old corrupt parties.

Will this become possile if Imran Khan becomes the national leader?

The best Imran can do is set Pakistan on the right track, one that will ultimately, but not immediately, lead to success. You can't become a major world power when the country is heavily suffering from illiteracy, terrorism (both foreign supported and home grown), energy crises and what not. Things like illiteracy especially will take a generation or two at the very least to correct.
Then there's diseases, poverty, and the list goes on.

There's just too much wrong in Pakistan for it become powerful in the near future.

Will this become possile if Imran Khan becomes the national leader?

The thing about Imran Khan is that he is amazing at building institutions. He build the Pakistani team, a wold class hospital and a university.
If Imran Khan takes over, Pakistan will not be a major power, because he has to fix so many things, but once he is done and leaves power, Pakistan will skyrocket due to all the institutions he would have built. I have no doubts in this.

Nearly impossible. It's good to have hopes, but from which Pakistan is suffering it's going to take a good few decades before we become a "major world power".

Pakistan currently is in regionnal powers category & have a say in many world forums(especially military).

The thing about Imran Khan is that he is amazing at building institutions. He build the Pakistani team, a wold class hospital and a university.
If Imran Khan takes over, Pakistan will not be a major power, because he has to fix so many things, but once he is done and leaves power, Pakistan will skyrocket due to all the institutions he would have built. I have no doubts in this.

Rome is not to be built in a single day, if he can bring Pakistan back to the right track, then there is more than any reason to vote him to become the next national leader.

The best Imran can do is set Pakistan on the right track, one that will ultimately, but not immediately, lead to success. You can't become a major world power when the country is heavily suffering from illiteracy, terrorism (both foreign supported and home grown), energy crises and what not. Things like illiteracy especially will take a generation or two at the very least to correct.
Then there's diseases, poverty, and the list goes on.

There's just too much wrong in Pakistan for it become powerful in the near future.

Bro, literacy can be solved in 30 years.
South Korea did it, we can do it too.

South Korea in the 60s and 70s had a massive push for education, they would stick 60 kids in 1 class and have 2 shifts, so teachers could teach 2x as many kids. 30 years later they have an almost 100% literacy rate and like a 80% university rate.
So it's not impossible, just need intention and competence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom