What's new

Will separating the North East be better for everyone?

I agree with you mate, regionalism is still evident in India but its rare these days, and north east apart from Assam has seen such cases, I will blame separtist acitivites in those states too. But dont demand for a separate country.

This is our country and we will support each other.
I wish everyone feels like you. I wish every country can live together peacefully as one nation. But as long as we have differences, we can't and we won't, shocking truth!
Not only on that side, as a NE'er, I agree when people said that mainlanders are being discriminated in the NE to be honest.

Keeping aside racial discrimination. Have you ever seen our roads, do you know how frequent we have power cuts here, how slow and expensive our internet is? There are just too many things to mention to show how backward the NE states are as compared to other mainland states.

PS : See, Mizoram has a Highway road cum swimming pool :p:
nUhFGCn.jpg

Thanks to that we had 7 hours power cut, same for Puja. Why are they celebrated in the first place :partay:

Today morning we had a 3 hrs. power cut, from 7 to 10. Of course they announced it yesterday night. The reason for cutting the trees. We know they are doing it every other day, but the real reason is that some of the units are shut down for lack of spares or coal etc. So you are not the only one to suffer.....so blame it on Govt., GOD or Karma or whatever...but the celebration must go on.....!!

Not just my wife. My in-laws as well :D

Aaj pitega!!....:yahoo::yahoo:

Today morning we had a 3 hrs. power cut, from 7 to 10. Of course they announced it yesterday night. The reason for cutting the trees. We know they are doing it every other day, but the real reason is that some of the units are shut down for lack of spares or coal etc. So you are not the only one to suffer.....so blame it on Govt., GOD or Karma or whatever...but the celebration must go on.....!!

Aaj pitega!!....:yahoo::yahoo:
Yep.. Not really crying for today's powercut since its happening at least 4 hours everyday any ways, its just normal. And happy Diwali.

Hmmm mmm..! Really some incidents are shamefull as a Indian for me.
But advocating separatism? Millions of NE work in different parts of India. In sometime, such crimes will disappear.

Harassments are considered as racial now by our idiotic media networks too..

The way things are going in India, you may want to. Ask them first though.

what things going on...these crimes will stop with time....No need of any discussion.Many incidents happens due to some personal issue too(other than racism) and they got highlighted. Yeah there is racism and it is from both sides but it is not that much on ground.In every society some people doesn't grow with time but most of us are growing and getting broad minded very fast but It will take time.In US too there was a time when racism was on peek but they didn't separate they overcame that period.No need for a Pakistan(punjabi, sidhi, baluch etc) who are a racist people(calls Indians black monkey when they fails to get logic in argument and irony is there is not much difference between races of INDIA and Pakistan). India have overcame bigger challenges. North East is North East India this is their identification and how can they leave their motherland just because some people are racist. They will fight they will fight for their rights Its their country.

Wasn't it north east where Congress got wiped out? Literally?

Congress got wiped out in whole country so India should separate from India get a logic yaar

I wish everyone feels like you. I wish every country can live together peacefully as one nation. But as long as we have differences, we can't and we won't, shocking truth!
Not only on that side, as a NE'er, I agree when people said that mainlanders are being discriminated in the NE to be honest.

Keeping aside racial discrimination. Have you ever seen our roads, do you know how frequent we have power cuts here, how slow and expensive our internet is? There are just too many things to mention to show how backward the NE states are as compared to other mainland states.

PS : See, Mizoram has a Highway road cum swimming pool :p:
nUhFGCn.jpg

You need to remember that you are generalising an issue, which is like one bad apple in the basket. There is a mass sentiment for people from north east, and thats very positive. These incident you are speaking of is as shameful as rape of any girl in India, its very indivdualist and doesnt represent the national behaviour. So you need to separate the issue from nationalism. and we are living as one, whether its kashmir or NE or leh ladakh.

I am no expert on NE affairs, but I can say that, insurgency in that part of world prevented companies to invest. Although at a national level we cant discreminate any state, but capitalism has its drawbacks. If you look at what you called as "mainland" its not substantially different from your states, apart from some big cities, they have nothing. e.g., if earlier Andhra was a developed state then the biggest contributor, to some 60% is Hydrabd only, other wise NE and these states are the same.

We have probelms. All of us, but if you say only you have issues, and thats why you need a separate country, then you are the one, who is playing separtism, and I would say, quite bluntly, doesnt love this country. We need to love our country regardless of what and we will fight togather if it deprives of anything.

Not British it was Sardar Patel who made the nation India united.
Who united the subcontinent and left the Indians capable and large enough to conquer the princely states?
The brits..

Who brought modernity and the very idea of a nation?
The brits...

who conquered NE into mainland?
The brits..

One could go on and on in this manner,but the fact remains that it was the brits who changed the term India from a mere vague geographical expression to the idea of a nation.It is the brits who are the real architects of India and pakistan.Indian freedom activists were just two bit chaps compared to the brits.If the brits hadnt been weakened,Indians would still be proudly british subjects...after all,you people had never any problem in being the running dogs of the white man.Right down from killing your own people and the various people the empire wished to subdue.That is your eternal fate.

I have a better idea, we can exchange the likes of you with Tibetans who don't want to live under the Chinese . Its a win win situation for both.
Really?gee thanks.Anyway not like you can do much against the chinese.We all saw that in 62..your soldiers being slaughtered like the incompetent idiots that they are.

So you want a seperate country or want Indian to live under brits because of rape cases incidents that you come across every otherday,so by that logic countries like Sweden, Jamaica, United states, New Zealand ,belgium,norway,hong kong,canada,ect, should all be broken into smaller countries ,everyone should demand for a country of his own,and last bt not the least,live under brits.lol
Lol everyone knows how rapes are under-reported in India due to backward archaic societal norms.For heaven's sake you guys dont even recognise marital rape.

Who united the subcontinent and left the Indians capable and large enough to conquer the princely states?
The brits..

Who brought modernity and the very idea of a nation?
The brits...

who conquered NE into mainland?
The brits..

One could go on and on in this manner,but the fact remains that it was the brits who changed the term India from a mere vague geographical expression to the idea of a nation.It is the brits who are the real architects of India and pakistan.Indian freedom activists were just two bit chaps compared to the brits.If the brits hadnt been weakened,Indians would still be proudly british subjects...after all,you people had never any problem in being the running dogs of the white man.Right down from killing your own people and the various people the empire wished to subdue.That is your eternal fate.

Really?gee thanks.Anyway not like you can do much against the chinese.We all saw that in 62..your soldiers being slaughtered like the incompetent idiots that they are.

Lol everyone knows how rapes are under-reported in India due to backward archaic societal norms.For heaven's sake you guys dont even recognise marital rape.
Lol just like rapes are not reported in your beloved nation in the east and the west. :lol: what a low life,every country has unreported crimes,there are many cases of miss reporting being done but heck why would you buy that,it would be too hard to digest wouldn't it be,the reported once have been list now eat that, :lol: . You took hours to come up wid this comment :lol: ,btw is diwali parbh ke tumhe hardik shukamnaye,tumhara bhawishya mangalmay ho :paraty: :sarcastic:

Lol just like rapes are not reported in your beloved nation in the east and the west. :lol: what a low life,every country has unreported crimes,there are many cases of miss reporting being done but heck why would you buy that,it would be too hard to digest wouldn't it be,the reported once have been list now eat that, :lol: . You took hours to come up wid this comment :lol: ,btw is diwali parbh ke tumhe hardik shukamnaye,tumhara bhawishya mangalmay ho :paraty: :sarcastic:
Ahh..ha ha personal attacks.But then desperation is getting the better of you.Maybe you are one of those delusional Indians who think India is a better place for women due to "superior indian culture".
I think you know very well the difference in the under-reported cases of rapes and crimes in general in India which is far below any half decent country.Indian misogynist society is well known..after all who else tops in female foeticide and infanticide.Come to think of it..you guys are worse than even pakistanis or anyone else in this department.But then I am talking to a mainlander Indian,a group who is so touchy about false honour and pride that it kills adult couples for marrying of their free will,whether be it in name of caste or gotras,religion or any petty little issue.:whistle:

Last edited:
Ahh..ha ha personal attacks.But then desperation is getting the better of you.Maybe you are one of those delusional Indians who think India is a better place for women due to "superior indian culture".
I think you know very well the difference in the under-reported cases of rapes and crimes in general in India which is far below any half decent country.Indian misogynist society is well known..after all who else tops in female foeticide and infanticide.Come to think of it..you guys are worse than even pakistanis or anyone else in this department.But then I am talking to a mainlander Indian,a group who is so touchy about false honour and pride that it kills adult couples for marrying off their free will,wheteher be it in name of caste or gotras,religion or any petty little issue.:whistle:

So which part of NE India are you from? And would you mind share some of your experiences you had faced from the mainland Indians?

We have probelms. All of us, but if you say only you have issues, and thats why you need a separate country, then you are the one, who is playing separtism, and I would say, quite bluntly, doesnt love this country. We need to love our country regardless of what and we will fight togather if it deprives of anything.
We joined India only a few years back and only just to be the most neglected places and a very little development to be seen. Indian armies have bombed us, tortured civilians and raped our women. "Our country's capital state is just like a foreign city for us, for at least once in my lifetime, I would love to see a big city where I won't be ignored, where I won't get treated differently because of my looks, where I can see people who looks like my own." I bet many people won't even be able to understand this wish. I completely fail to see why I would love my country who treat us like this, plus I don't even know why we are celebrating India's independence day. Yes, if we were to consider every little things Indian Govt. has done for us that has made some improvements in our states, they're just a duty to be done for one nation's states, nothing special.

The idea of NE separating from India has little significance, as the people of NE as opposed to idea of separating, based on the voter turnout.

Although, attacks on NE people in the capital does increase alienation, it is yet to turn into political movement seeking separation.

Currently possibility of separation of any NE state from India, peacefully or through violent means is nil.

I think you know very well the difference in the under-reported cases of rapes and crimes in general in India which is far below any half decent country.Indian misogynist society is well known..after all who else tops in female foeticide and infanticide.Come to think of it..you guys are worse than even pakistanis or anyone else in this department.But then I am talking to a mainlander Indian,a group who is so touchy about false honour and pride that it kills adult couples for marrying of their free will,whether be it in name of caste or gotras,religion or any petty little issue.:whistle:

Do YOU consider yourself as Indian or not ?

Back
Top Bottom