What's new

Will separating the North East be better for everyone?

うきま

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
First of all, I have no intention of making this thread a fighting thread, I just want some proper discussions. I'm going to post some recent news about discrimination of people from the North East happening in India.

#1. 22 October 2014
A Manipur student identified as Soram Kanta (25), son of S Budhi of Luker Maning Leikai died after being pushed from a running train, allegedly by fellow passengers of Dibrugarh-Yesvantpur Express (15902), in West Bengal on October 19.

Family members of the victim informed that he boarded the train from Dimapur on October 17 and contacted his mother on Oct 19 evening from Howrah station, West Bengal.

When contacted again later in the night, his phone was picked up by someone identified as Akbar alias Kalam, a passenger of the train, and informed that he was pushed off from compartment by some unidentified persons while seating near door of the train.

His death body was found at Uleberia near Howrah station the same night. Family members have filed a FIR at Patsoi police station, Imphal today morning and they will leave for Kolkata to collect the soulless body of the victim.

He was a computer diploma student of a college in Mangalore under Manipal University

#2. 17 October 2014
24-year-old JULIET from Mizoram was found murdered and brought to Safdarjung hospital with serious head injury with bleeding from House no.176, Moti Bagh Chauper, Munirka in South Delhi last night.

She was living together for few month with one man mainland man called VIRENDER SINGH S/O RAM SINGH.

#3. 16 October 2014
A day after the attack on Manipuri men in Bangalore, two young men from Nagaland were severely beaten up in Gurgaon by a gang of locals.

The locals numbering about seven, held the men in confinement in Sikanderpur area and beat them up with cricket bats and hockey sticks on Wednesday night, a support group for northeast students alleged.

#4. 15 October 2014
An engineering student from the northeastern state of Manipur was attacked in Bangalore last night by men who allegedly demanded that he "speak in the local Kannada language or get lost, this is India, not China".

Michael Lamjathang Haokip, who heads a Manipuri students' body, alleges that he and his friends were standing near a food stall when they were attacked with stones by the men. The attackers allegedly demanded to know why they were speaking in English.

There are the most recent news and are happening in consecutive days. Almost every people who have been to mainland (please don't get the word mainland wrong, just using it for better and easier understanding) have stories to tell how different we have been treated there including me, I personally do not believe racism in India will stop unless everyone does a plastic surgery to make us look like the other Indians. So, do you believe it will be best to separate North East from India? As I have said, just want to hear your thoughts. ;)

Sources : tntmagazine.in , northeasttoday.in , some facebook NEWS pages, my personal experience.

No.

Just because a few people were harassed by a few a-holes, you can't start advocating separatism.

By that logic, South Indians have been harassed in Bombay long back, Biharis are still harassed these days, and plenty of other unfortunate incidents have happened. But that's no reason to split any and all regions. The Union of India was not formed on a whim - and it cannot be dissolved at the drop of a hat.

Heck, women keep getting harassed all the time, should we make a separate country for women?

First of all, I have no intention of making this thread a fighting thread, I just want some proper discussions. I'm going to post some recent news about discrimination of people from the North East happening in India.

#1. 22 October 2014
A Manipur student identified as Soram Kanta (25), son of S Budhi of Luker Maning Leikai died after being pushed from a running train, allegedly by fellow passengers of Dibrugarh-Yesvantpur Express (15902), in West Bengal on October 19.

Family members of the victim informed that he boarded the train from Dimapur on October 17 and contacted his mother on Oct 19 evening from Howrah station, West Bengal.

When contacted again later in the night, his phone was picked up by someone identified as Akbar alias Kalam, a passenger of the train, and informed that he was pushed off from compartment by some unidentified persons while seating near door of the train.

His death body was found at Uleberia near Howrah station the same night. Family members have filed a FIR at Patsoi police station, Imphal today morning and they will leave for Kolkata to collect the soulless body of the victim.

He was a computer diploma student of a college in Mangalore under Manipal University

#2. 17 October 2014
24-year-old JULIET from Mizoram was found murdered and brought to Safdarjung hospital with serious head injury with bleeding from House no.176, Moti Bagh Chauper, Munirka in South Delhi last night.

She was living together for few month with one man mainland man called VIRENDER SINGH S/O RAM SINGH.

#3. 16 October 2014
A day after the attack on Manipuri men in Bangalore, two young men from Nagaland were severely beaten up in Gurgaon by a gang of locals.

The locals numbering about seven, held the men in confinement in Sikanderpur area and beat them up with cricket bats and hockey sticks on Wednesday night, a support group for northeast students alleged.

#4. 15 October 2014
An engineering student from the northeastern state of Manipur was attacked in Bangalore last night by men who allegedly demanded that he "speak in the local Kannada language or get lost, this is India, not China".

Michael Lamjathang Haokip, who heads a Manipuri students' body, alleges that he and his friends were standing near a food stall when they were attacked with stones by the men. The attackers allegedly demanded to know why they were speaking in English.

There are the most recent news and are happening in consecutive days. Almost every people who have been to mainland (please don't get the word mainland wrong, just using it for better and easier understanding) have stories to tell how different we have been treated there including me, I personally do not believe racism in India will stop unless everyone does a plastic surgery to make us look like the other Indians. So, do you believe it will be best to separate North East from India? As I have said, just want to hear your thoughts. ;)

Sources : tntmagazine.in , northeasttoday.in , some facebook NEWS pages, my personal experience.
How about giving Tibet to India as from past 50 years Tibetans have been living in India.They now speak Indian Language,they have voter cards,they play cricket and I have seen inter race marriages.This is a better plan.
No offence mate but u are a total tosser.

No.

Just because a few people were harassed by a few a-holes, you can't start advocating separatism.

By that logic, South Indians have been harassed in Bombay long back, Biharis are still harassed these days, and plenty of other unfortunate incidents have happened. But that's no reason to split any and all regions. The Union of India was not formed on a whim - and it cannot be dissolved at the drop of a hat.

Heck, women keep getting harassed all the time, should we make a separate country for women?

The way things are going in India, you may want to. Ask them first though.

How about giving Tibet to India as from past 50 years Tibetans have been living in India.They now speak Indian Language,they have voter cards,they play cricket and I have seen inter race marriages.This is a better plan.
No offence mate but u are a total tosser.
And I will add more that Tibetans hate China more than north east Indians hate india.If in case they do.cx

#1. 22 October 2014

#2. 17 October 2014

#3. 16 October 2014

#4. 15 October 2014

I get harassed by the local auto drivers. I want a separate country too. :agree:

I guess people can't tell the difference between Chinese characters (same as Japanese Kanji) and Japanese Hiragana/Katakana.

Back
Top Bottom