What's new

Will Pakistan Get Dassault Raffale In Near Future?

considering cost, unreliable supply of parts, and risk of sanctions we should not buy any weapon system from the west,
unless it is exceptional , with ToT and for possible reverse engineering with our chinese friends.
China is the present and future for pakistan forces. Reliable, less cost, ToT, no threat of sanctions.
LOVE YOU CHINA

considering cost, unreliable supply of parts, and risk of sanctions we should not buy any weapon system from the west,
unless it is exceptional , with ToT and for possible reverse engineering with our chinese friends.
China is the present and future for pakistan forces. Reliable, less cost, ToT, no threat of sanctions.
LOVE YOU CHINA

France is also a reliable source for arms. Remember Agosta-90B. French have always been a reliable as compared to their western counterparts. The reason we did not go for rafale is perhaps its cost.

I agree with IceCold show the poor guy some love and respect he is a new comer! furthermore, i dont see it happening eather as most of us know but it is in the back minds of PAF i hope to see it in our colors just like i would to see other aircrafts in our colors but will that come about no one knows all we know is wat is happenign now!

Rafale has been profiled by PAF and its a serious option we'll keep in mind but with the FC-20 coming next year the chances are slim that we'll see the Rafale fly in PAF colors. FC-20 will be a 4.5 gen platform with quite a few western toys. :cheers:

Neo i remember while reading sometime ago that rafale had something which really attracted the PAF pilots and that was it two control sticks, the same as on the F-16s which our PAF pilots are used too. Really i don't know what the Chinese mixed into their tea when Musharraf was there and after that when PAF evaluated the J-10, otherwise we do have missed a potent fighter.:frown:

Neo i remember while reading sometime ago that rafale had something which really attracted the PAF pilots and that was it two control sticks, the same as on the F-16s which our PAF pilots are used too. Really i don't know what the Chinese mixed into their tea when Musharraf was there and after that when PAF evaluated the J-10, otherwise we do have missed a potent fighter.:frown:

LOL ice cold its very simple look in the future any thing coming to us from usa will be sanctioned musharaf did the right thing.

and oh yes i am suppose to show you some love so here we go i will give yo to the count of 10
:sniper::smitten:

France is also a reliable source for arms. Remember Agosta-90B. French have always been a reliable as compared to their western counterparts. The reason we did not go for rafale is perhaps its cost.
Ice cold my friend!
France is only reliable if its interests are not harmed and it suits it. we have had cancellation of our reprocessing plant in 76. Also remember, France gave the codes of the exocet missiles to the British during the falklands war. It is best to keep researching and asking for progressive TOT and increase the local input as much as is possible. In the possible future war theatres, i cant say for sure whether even China would be able to help you much. Self reliance is noew and forever after the name of the game.
waSalam
Araz

IceCold; sir
sory to differ with you on this issue, but if you compare CHINA & FRANCE , as our strtagic miltry friends, i am sure that, you would accept that , we had achived a lot with china, thn to FRANCE?;)
Agosta-90B,was past! just a example , right! :undecided:
but , what if we would face " a conflict with nato"?
you are one the best here,& i really admir you, but we have to differ some times.:enjoy:
thanks,

Rafael costs 80 million a piece, thats 5 jf-17s

way way way to expensive, for 1 squadron it would cost 1.5 billion

and if iaf get it than there is no way in hell

typhoon and sh are also too expensive

same with mig-35 Russia increased its price, and in wartime Russia WILL not be Pakistan's friend and will not supply spares for it.

only options are gripen and f-16, but they too are like 40-50 million and gripen is close of j-10 in performance

good to stick with chinese airplanes:china::pakistan:

India is not gonna pay 10 billion just for the aircraft since the total budget is 10.5 billion. (unless they reduce numbers) the associated extras would easily whack another few billion on top. I would say the same of the Eurofighter as well.
The global downturn will play havoc with the prices as well (At current prices the that will be 8.75 billion dollars for the tender)

Last edited:
Rafael costs 80 million a piece, thats 5 jf-17s

way way way to expensive, for 1 squadron it would cost 1.5 billion

and if iaf get it than there is no way in hell

typhoon and sh are also too expensive

same with mig-35 Russia increased its price, and in wartime Russia WILL not be Pakistan's friend and will not supply spares for it.

only options are gripen and f-16, but they too are like 40-50 million and gripen is close of j-10 in performance

good to stick with chinese airplanes:china::pakistan:

Actually our latest acquisition is costing us almost US$ 80 million per F-16 (including upgrades, armaments, spares, training, radars etc.)

EF Typhoon and J-10's, especially with ToT, would be a lovely pair alongside our JF-17 (with AESA, BVRAAM, Cruise Missiles, Advanced ECM and counter measures, perhaps made of stealthier material, super cruise, Thrust Vector etc.). We cannot afford to purchase ToT of Typhoon alone so China could be the front partner and we could play the silent partner.

FC-20 are indeed Chinese J-10's modified as per PAF requirements. Mainly the modifications are for enabling the plane to carry western/US weapons instead of Chinese ones.

LOL ice cold its very simple look in the future any thing coming to us from usa will be sanctioned musharaf did the right thing.

and oh yes i am suppose to show you some love so here we go i will give yo to the count of 10
:sniper::smitten:

I am talking about France here and not US. Are you telling me that France follows US regarding its military sales to Pakistan? I certainly don't think so.

Ice cold my friend!
France is only reliable if its interests are not harmed and it suits it. we have had cancellation of our reprocessing plant in 76. Also remember, France gave the codes of the exocet missiles to the British during the falklands war. It is best to keep researching and asking for progressive TOT and increase the local input as much as is possible. In the possible future war theatres, i cant say for sure whether even China would be able to help you much. Self reliance is noew and forever after the name of the game.
waSalam
Araz

Araz sb you misunderstood my post sir. I know that the reprocessing plant was canceled but that is an altogether different story because that involved sensitive technology regarding nuclear. Also part of the blame lies upon us because we had other intentions in mind and not just producing electricity which those countries(France) were not aware of and hence when they did become aware of our real intentions, they decided to cancel it.
I agree with you and i have stated the very same in many posts that we need to stop relying on China to an extent that we do now and indeed self reliance is the key to success however i would like to add here that Pakistan being a small country and with a small and relatively young infrastructure cannot afford the luxury to develop everything at home and as far as TOT is concerned, i remember ACM remarks that Pakistan does not have currently the technology to handle anything like the gripen. I think he was pointing towards the TOT.
I will again state that France has been a reliable supplier. I will back my statement by the mere fact that even in the 90s when we under strict US military embargo's we kept our mirages alive and that is because we never ever faced any restriction on spares from the French, French never oppose when we went for the libyan mirages. Also while US had posed embargo's on F-16 spare parts, we were getting it through a third party and i remember reading somewhere that it were the French. The example of Agosta-90b is right infront of us as well.

IceCold; sir
sory to differ with you on this issue, but if you compare CHINA & FRANCE , as our strtagic miltry friends, i am sure that, you would accept that , we had achived a lot with china, thn to FRANCE?;)
Agosta-90B,was past! just a example , right! :undecided:
but , what if we would face " a conflict with nato"?
you are one the best here,& i really admir you, but we have to differ some times.:enjoy:
thanks,

I am not at all comparing France with China. I said that France too is a reliable supplier of arms to Pakistan. How do you think we kept the mirages alive for so long and Agosta is not old news, we happen to induct them just now. Also we would not face a conflict with NATO anytime soon, atleast i don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom