What's new

Will Pakistan and Bangladesh bury the hatchet?

Relationship between Pakistan and Bangladesh, really does not impact to each other's.

I've met some Bangladeshi who tall. Equally I have met some Pakistanis who are short with a very dark complexion.
I am an amateur anthropologist. You may be a little wrong about the dark complexion of some Pakistanis. The point is not the complexion. It is more about the facial/ physical feature of some Punjabis in Pakistan compared to the Muslims in Bengal.

Punjabis are a mixed group of people between Dravidians (about 32%) and Aryans (68%). This may a reason that some are dark-skinned. But note that their noses are high and sharp.

Both Dravidians and Aryans have high and sharp noses although their other physical features are not the same. But, generally speaking, Punjab people are taller and more handsome than the Muslim people of Bengal.

Muslims from present Afghanistan and north India domiciled in Bengal for many centuries and they ultimately mixed with the local Hindus who converted to Islam. The logical Hindus are a mix of Dravidians (from the south), Mongols (from the north), and Negroits (from Chota Nagpur).

Please refer to Bangalar Itihash by Rakhaldas Bannarjy who discovered Moenjodaro and Harappa.

So, the mixes in Punjab and Bengal are different. As a result, the facial features of these two people are usually different though some people can look similar.

In my eyes, Punjabis, whatever their complexion, are more handsome than Bengali Muslims. Bengali Muslims have flatter noses and darker complexion.

It's genetics, Bengali are kala, skinny and short

We are here in the UK, no food difference and you can see the difference in build and height

Not all instead urban population are getting taller and lighter in skin tone. You can compare present Bangladesh cricket team with that of the 90s for this.

In UK you see mostly Sylhetis who are descendent of poor farmers, cooks and labors who migrated to UK prior and after Second World War. But not all Sylhetis are dark and short. There are many tall and good looking Sylhetis are there as well. So you are just generalizing all Bangladeshis under one category.

Some of the first Sylhetis who migrated to UK.

Not all instead urban population are getting taller and lighter in skin tone. You can compare present Bangladesh cricket team with that of the 90s for this.

In UK you see mostly Sylhetis who are descendent of poor farmers, cooks and labors who migrated to UK prior and after Second World War. But not all Sylhetis are dark and short. There are many tall and good looking Sylhetis are there as well. So you are just generalizing all Bangladeshis under one category.

Some of the first Sylhetis who migrated to UK.

There are numerous Bengali's here, you don't need funny statistics to determine bullshit

Kashmiri, Pashtun, Punjabi, Baloch will always tend to be taller and better built in general to other parts of South Asia

Whilst food supply helps, you can't beat underlying genetics and body type

Like I said there are enough different types of Bengali's in UK, who have been here for decades and had access to a good diet yet they can't compare to the Pakistani population

Sikhs in terms of location are very close to us and you tend to find they are similar

The rest of India is a hodge podge but in general the further you get from Pakistan you get skinnier, shorter and more kala

Remember food can help overcome certain things but not over come underlying genetics and ethnic make up

There are numerous Bengali's here, you don't need funny statistics to determine bullshit

Kashmiri, Pashtun, Punjabi, Baloch will always tend to be taller and better built in general to other parts of South Asia

Whilst food supply helps, you can't beat underlying genetics and body type

Like I said there are enough different types of Bengali's in UK, who have been here for decades and had access to a good diet yet they can't compare to the Pakistani population

Sikhs in terms of location are very close to us and you tend to find they are similar

The rest of India is a hodge podge but in general the further you get from Pakistan you get skinnier, shorter and more kala

Remember food can help overcome certain things but not over come underlying genetics and ethnic make up

Genetics? I read in historical book, or found a quote many many many yrs ago. That when Europeans arrived in bengal. Local populace were of comparative physical size and height of Europeans.

Once Europeans took over - the many yrs constant and consistent of malnutrition and peppered in with large scale man made famines, gradually led to bengalis height and physical stature declining.

Bengal, stripped bear the most compared to South asian areas.

North Korean are 5-6 inches shorter on average than those from south of them . In 50 yrs ?

For epigentics to take foot hold and the whole populace or majority to be effected it has to be something like 70-80 of pop must feel the struggle

Last edited:
There are many tall and good looking Sylhetis are there as well. So you are just generalizing all Bangladeshis under one category.
Instead of bragging about some person's height in BD, people should speak about the average height.

On average, BD Muslims are short-featured. Some individuals getting taller does not mean people on average have become tall. It is not that genetic. Many things depend upon the quality of food intake.

I think you have not exposed yourself to Punjabis in Pakistan, I have. Mothers fill their stomachs with buffalo milk, and in BD, milk is quite rare. They eat wheat and meat, and we eat rice and vegetables. Sometimes, it is fish.

Read history and you will see that the Pakistanis have been taking nutritious food for the last 5,000 years since the time of Moenjodaro. Why do you have to insist on saying that Bengali Muslims are also tall? This is a mistake or a kind of bragging.

Please do not claim that Bengali Muslims are nearing Punjabi Muslims in height or body mass. It is no contest.

On average, BD Muslims are short-featured. Some individuals getting taller does not mean people on average have become tall. It is not that genetic. Many things depend upon the quality of food intake.

I think you have not exposed yourself to Punjabis in Pakistan, I have. Mothers fill their stomachs with buffalo milk, and in BD, milk is quite rare. They eat wheat and meat, and we eat rice and vegetables. Sometimes, it is fish.

Read history and you will see that the Pakistanis have been taking nutritious food for the last 5,000 years since the time of Moenjodaro. Why do you have to insist on saying that Bengali Muslims are also tall? This is a mistake or a kind of bragging.

Please do not claim that Bengali Muslims are nearing Punjabi Muslims in height or body mass. It is no contest.

I did not claim for all but urban young generation from middle class and above are getting taller. The average height is 5’7. On the other hand due to poverty, hunger and malnutrition in Pakistan average height is reduced by 4 inch. It’s true on average Pakistani males are still around 2 inch taller but if the present trend continues Bangladeshi males may catch up the height in the next few decades.

As you are in Japan their males height is increased by 6-7 inch with in the last century. Same can happen to Bangladesh as well.

Food habit in Bangladesh has changed a lot. Not everyone eats fish and vegetables only as you have said. People are eating out meat more and more along with bread, fries, fast food etc. Other side effect of it the children’s are becoming obese which was skinny earlier.

Mock all you want but fishes are really an important resource of Bangladesh. Every year we harvest $6 billion worth of Hilsa fish alone, all varieties give us a bounty worth at least $20 billion. Unlike your Gold, Diamond, Oil, Gas, Coal, our fish will not deplete in thousands of years. It will continue to add to our GDP and feed us a very nutritious diet long after your Gold, Diamond, Oil, Gas, Coal become exhausted.
Truly astonishing figures.

@Imran Khan sb ye to sharam ka muqaam he. hamari textile industry ga*nd tak ka zor lga ke jitna forex banati he, bengali to paani me jaal daal ke utna nikal lete hn.

Hamare competitive edge ki waat lgi hui he.

Most of the Bangladeshi migrants in UK migrated there in 1980s and 1990s. This is too short a period to substantially alter the height of a population, specially any person who was short in Bangladesh will not gain height just because he/she lived in UK for 30-40 years and adopted UK diet. It will at least take 3 generations. If you have any data on the average height of 3rd generation Bangladeshi, Pakistani British then share.

The effect of nutrition on Height depends on mainly during gestation and early childhood. A generation became taller when their mother and father do not suffer from malnutrition, have good health care and provide a good health care and nutritious diet to their children. It is a long process.

Last edited:
As you are in Japan their males height is increased by 6-7 inch with in the last century. Same can happen to Bangladesh as well.

Food habit in Bangladesh has changed a lot. Not everyone eats fish and vegetables only as you have said. People are eating out meat more and more along with bread, fries, fast food etc. Other side effect of it the children’s are becoming obese which was skinny earlier.
I always see and meet BD young men in Tokyo in their 20s and early 30s. They are not any different from the earlier generations. Most remain 5' 4" or 5' 5" tall.

No big change will happen unless more nutritious foods are available in BD and people eat them from childhood. Only then the physical height will improve gradually through a few generations.

To start with, arrange an ample quantity of food. Also, feed fish and other protein foods to children as young as six months old. Here in Japan, I see mothers chew meats and fish before feeding their children.

How about Golden Bangladesh? Mothers do not have any clue about food nutrition for children and that kind of food is not available there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom