What's new

Will Mumbai finally surpass Shanghai this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much trolling, Mumbai's GDP per capita may be closer some newly developed countries with HDI in order of 0.800 to 0.85 and PPP per capita income between $25,000 and $30,000. Shanghai on other hand is one of richest cities in world.

Won't be changing that Mumbai too is respectable.

mumbai-four-seasons-hotel8.jpg

mahalaxmi-racecourse-mumbai.jpg

mumbai-four-seasons-hotel6.jpg

mumbai-four-seasons-hotel7.jpg

the-imperial-mumbai.jpg

17077236_1250093818360448_7193769388405686272_n.jpg

Mumbai has two parts,
Old Mumbai (unplanned but built mega city)

Navi Mumbai (planned city & being developed properly which actually deserves to be compared to Shanghai)

Have fun here,
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/growing-mumbai-the-city-of-dreams.371812/

mired in religious superstitions n mysticism-
India ranks possibly lowest in terms of importance of religion score when comparison comes among third world countries.
They are doomed to be shitting on the streets
Open defeation rate halved in 2 years, it will end in next two years too. I don't think China was always from it either. It got rid of this after running multiple programs, what India did two years ago.
and living in garbage-filled slums.
Percentage of urban population living in slums:

India: 24%
China: 25.3%

Slightly better than China but I would be calling a tie.

India is a lower middle income economy with non monetary development indicators like intellectual property & Edu Index close to upper middle income countries like China & Brazil.

Too much trolling, Mumbai's GDP per capita may be closer some newly developed countries with HDI in order of 0.800 to 0.85 and PPP per capita income between $25,000 and $30,000. Shanghai on other hand is one of richest cities in world.

source? sorry not interested in unverifiable figures.

Won't be changing that Mumbai too is respectable.

sorry not interested in self-opinions.
India ranks possibly lowest in terms of importance of religion score when comparison comes among third world countries.

source? sorry not interested in self-analysis.

Open defeation rate halved in 2 years, it will end in next two years too. I don't think China was always from it either. It got rid of this after running multiple programs, what India did two years ago.

source? what 'multiple programs'? 'dont think china was always from it either.

sorry not interested in self-thoughts.

Percentage of urban population living in slums:

India: 24%
China: 25.3%

Slightly better than China but I would be calling a tie.

oh and those are the best pictures of mumbai that u can find? even a 3rd world sub saharan capital city can look like that too.

Nairobi, Kenya skyline- comparable to Mumbai

Nairobi_1237.jpg

Lagos, Nigeria skyline
vllkyt2k9vvtvn5i5g.a8411a86.jpg

Luanda, Angola skyline:

1032509252.jpg
in fact, they look better then Mumbai:

Last edited:

oh and those are the best pictures of mumbai that u can find? even a 3rd world sub saharan capital city can look like that too.

Nairobi_1237.jpg

Lagos, Nigeria skyline

Au1b5sL.jpg

unhabitat.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Table-2.3-Proportion-of-urban-population-living-in-slums-and-urban-slum-population-by-country-1990-2014.pdf

It's all about how you advertise or how you suppress media..

Wikipedia for Shanghai,
for Mumbai use it's 2011 GDP & 2011 population.

sorry, not interested in self-opinions.
Off course, you are only interested in racist renarks & trolling.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/142727/religiosity-highest-world-poorest-nations.aspx

https://worldview.gallup.com/default.aspx
(Includes atheists and not agnostics otherwise figure goes triple for India, now don't ask link for agnostics lazily, search it yourself.)
Wrong post 90s to today, China has brought 70 million people out of it.

Search & read WHO document yourself this time, I won't be spoon feeding you.
Bloody idiot! These aren't self thoughts.
It's not my mistake that you are a 12 years old child who knows nothing and calling everything new he hears a self thought.
Those silly words again!
https://mdgs.un.org/unsd/mdg/SeriesDetail.aspx?srid=710

First do your homework on stats kid, then compare.

Nairobi_1237.jpg

Lagos, Nigeria skyline

Luanda, Angola skyline:

1032509252.jpg
Really, I can also say about Shanghai.
Compare GDP per capita & yourself visit those areas.

If you want those nearthest pictures in Shanghai now, Gurgaon & Chandigarh will be nice competitors, in terms of quality. Other one is Amravati.

3-Proportion-of-urban-population-living-in-slums-and-urban-slum-population-by-country-1990-2014.pdf

It's all about how you advertise or how you suppress media..[/QUOTE]

Read ur own posts

'I think', 'its a possibilty', 'i dont think'

Those are not self-thoughts? You evaded almost all the request for sources for your claims, then degressed into n employed the typical 'damn u troll' rhetoric.

U can be read like an open storybook.

Spoonfeed? Your are the 1 making claims here- hence, the burden of proof is on u.

With delusional ppl like u, its no wonder Bharat means a poor n backwards nation.

Last edited:
'I think', 'its a possibilty', 'i dont think'

Those are not self-thoughts? You evaded almost all the request for sources for your claims, then degressed into n employed the typical 'damn u troll' rhetoric.
Really? I put sourcefor 4/5 topics.

Spoonfeed? Your are the 1 making claims here- hence, the burden of proof is on u.
Done on 3 things, which you ignored.
Check it out.
Wikipedia for Shanghai,
for Mumbai use it's 2011 GDP & 2011 population.

Off course, you are only interested in racist renarks & trolling.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/142727/religiosity-highest-world-poorest-nations.aspx

https://worldview.gallup.com/default.aspx
(Includes atheists and not agnostics otherwise figure goes triple for India, now don't ask link for agnostics lazily, search it yourself.)
Wrong post 90s to today, China has brought 70 million people out of it.

Search & read WHO document yourself this time, I won't be spoon feeding you.

Bloody idiot! These aren't self thoughts.
It's not my mistake that you are a 12 years old child who knows nothing and calling everything new he hears a self thought.

Those silly words again!
https://mdgs.un.org/unsd/mdg/SeriesDetail.aspx?srid=710

First do your homework on stats kid, then compare.

Really, I can also say about Shanghai.
Compare GDP per capita & yourself visit those areas.

If you want those nearthest pictures in Shanghai now, Gurgaon & Chandigarh will be nice competitors, in terms of quality. Other one is Amravati.

just unable to find that WHO PDF about open defecations history which I saw an year ago. But I'll find it again.
]With delusional ppl like u, its no wonder Bharat means a poor n backwards nation.
Source for the meaning :-)D I know you can't).

Ppl with a slave mentality and procrastinating culture, mired in religious superstitions n mysticism- can nv build a decent city or become a superpower.

They are doomed to be shitting on the streets and living in garbage-filled slums.

They can only gawk on enviously, jealously, dauntingly n helplessly above as those hardworking flock disappear into the horizon beyond the blue yonder high above them.

This is bullshit.

Firstly, no one here has a "slave mentality." And religious superstitions are present in China too.

Also, this whole definitive cultural claims are usually dumb.

During the whole time period from 1800s, to 1970s, the Chinese were considered incapable of improving their lot.

Incapable!

The same things were said about Chinese: that they are lazy, that they don't like to work, that they are just a group of do-nothings.

Remember the term "Sick man of Asia"?

The fact is that destinies of country very often do change very much in relatively short time periods.

This is bullshit.

Firstly, no one here has a "slave mentality." And religious superstitions are present in China too.

During the whole time period from 1800s, to 1970s, the Chinese were considered incapable of improving their lot.

Incapable!

The same things were said about Chinese: that they are lazy, that they don't like to work, that they are just a group of do-nothings.

The fact is that destinies of country very often do change very much in relatively short time periods.

Chinese were called the "Sick man of Asia" in the turn of last century, and we will never forget that. Now we can discuss which country in Asia today has a better fit for this title.

You never seem to understand the fundamental underlying difference between China and India after their respective independence. What you don't realize is how that Mao's brutal revolution after 1949 has actually transformed China into a modern society that India can never be without an equally painful social structural reform and a cultural revolution.

When it comes to superficial social indices and India ground reality, you may appear less biased than most of your countrymen, but you don't seem to think any deeper than, what makes China China and India India.

This is bullshit.

Incapable!

The Chinese will never forget "Sick man of Asia" title, that is why they try very hard to get rid off that title by proofing it with lots of medals in the Olympic game.

Let's not forget, why Chinese are being called that "Sick man of Asia", that is because British bring in the Opium for Chinese to get hook on, guess where the Opium from? it is from India, so Indian are guilty by association, I guess, the current situation of India is a karma of what she did before.

Last edited:
Below is your question, and here is my answer: open Google.com page and type two key words "Shanghai, Villa", and you will get your answer. Simple enough? I am pretty sure you are not from IIT.
He is fromm IIT. Yes they are that bad.

Tianjin.

You might be interested in photos of the capital of China's poorest province.
Please post more pics of poor Guiyang. That city can compare to Slumbai.

oh, one thing I forgot to mention, because of "Sick man of Asia" title, because of Opium addiction, that is why China is very against drugs of this kind, China knows very well what can this addiction bring to a country. there is NO Tolerance on this kind of drug in China.

When the Philippine president asks for help on war with drugs, he gets full support from China. Now we know why!!

Last edited:
Mao dreamt of putting Chinese in space. He made the intention to launch Chinese in space in 1968. He started programmes for weaving austronaut suits in that year even before men stepped on Moon.

First Chinese went in space in 2003.

35 years Chinese efficieny. Hahahahaha
hmm.... very interesting..... can you give me a link saying Mao planning to send Chinese in space in 1968, TIA

Also, if what you said is true, by 2050 we should see India send people up there right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom