What's new

Will Arab states support Pakistan militarily in future conflict with India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the ones who whining over sending a couple of soldiers claming they saved Jordan and the king::lol:

@500: How do you evaluate Jordanian engagement in 1973 war?
On 10-12 Oct Israeli forces captured a salient inside Syria. Jordanian 40th brigade participated attacks on this salient on 16th and 19th Oct together with Iraqis and Syrians. Since it was attack of three different countries together, it was poorly coordinated and executed and doomed to fail. For example in 16th Oct attack Syrians who attakced first stopped very fast and Iraqis attacked much later with little strength as result Jodanian bigade alone attacked entire Israeli division. Also since Jordanians had same Centurion tanks as Israelis, Iraqis and Syrians fired at them in both attacks.

Overall perfromance of Jordanians was best, Syrians second and Iraqis were worst.

1973_yom_kippur_war_-_golan_heights_theater.1331853603.jpg
- A member of the Israeli Knesset (Shlomo Grosk) we have no doubt about the number of casualties among our soldiers

- The Chief of Staff Haim Bar-Lev, in an interview published in Haaretz newspaper on 31/3/68 "The process of Karama was unique and we did not get used to it. (the people (Israel)), in such as this type of operation. in other words, all the of our operations resulted in decisive victories for our troops, and here our people used to see its military forces victorious of every battle. The battle of Karamah was unique, because of the large number of casualties among our forces, and other phenomena resulting from the battle, such as Jordanian forces seized a number of our tanks and our machinery, and this is why it was surprising that hit the Israeli community about the Battle of Karamah.

- Haim Bar-Lev, the Israeli chief of staff aid: that Israel lost in the latest offensive on the Jordan military vehicles equivalent to three times what it lost in the Six-Day War.

- The member of the Knesset (Shmuel Tamir) requesed to form a parliamentary committee to investigate the results of the campaign on Jordanian territory, because the number of victims is relatively more in the Israeli forces.

- A battle group commander (Aharon Peled) to the Israeli newspaper Davar said: I had seen heavy shelling several times in my life but I have not seen anything like this before, most of my tanks were hit in the battle with the exception of only two.

Alkarama Battle 1968:
Israel
dead: 250-350
wounded: 450
tanks: 47
armored cars: 53
aircraft: 7

Jordan:

dead: 87
wounded: 108
tanks: 13
armored cars: 39
aircraft: 0
Chief of Staff of the armed forces in the Soviet union, Gereshko Marshal said: the battle of Karama has formed a turning point in the history of Arab military.

Yah right Pakistan saved Jordan and the king from PLO...:rofl:

Then if India and Arabs were in the Soviet Camps and Pakistan and Israel in the American Camp.

Why didn't India help out the Arabs in the 1967 and 1973 Wars?

Why was Pakistan helping them out?

Because Arabs were with Pakistan in 65 and 71 war.

You're not going to let me forget that bit...are you ! :cry: I said...sorry ! :undecided:

Oh my God, I forgot that you see everything in this forum, I thought I could sneak over here and put some words, but it seems I miserably failed...:cry: Sorry...:enjoy:
Seriously my friend, they over over exagerate Pakistani help. I appreciate it but this is not what happend.

WTFFFF!! :blink:
Pakistan saved the king? are you kidding me? Jordanian army personal at that time were 55000, this army performance in all Arab-Israeli wars was relatively the best. Yes Pakistan HELPED in fighting PLO but the major fighting was by Jordanian army which half of it were Palestinians. Guys come on!

Ouch! Looks like Arab sensitivities and all the soft feathers are ruffled and ruffled badly.

My dear Jordanian,

If Jordanian army was capable enough, why would the Kind ask for and get 1 full brigade and the brigade commander Zia-ul-Haq posted in Jordan?

there were two reasons. first training of Jordanian army, and above all, having non-Arab army to defend the king.

it just happened that Arabs dominated by Palestinians tried to kill the king. and Pakistanis were there to help protect him. Was that 100% Pakistani army operation? Heck no! There were Jordanians loyal to the king and there were jordanians against the king.

But Pakistan army did not help in Arab fight against Israel in 67 nor 73. Just trying to keep the things straight.

No need to make it an issue for your ego.

Peace.

Ouch! Looks like Arab sensitivities and all the soft feathers are ruffled and ruffled badly.

My dear Jordanian,

If Jordanian army was capable enough, why would the Kind ask for and get 1 full brigade and the brigade commander Zia-ul-Haq posted in Jordan?

there were two reasons. first training of Jordanian army, and above all, having non-Arab army to defend the king.

it just happened that Arabs dominated by Palestinians tried to kill the king. and Pakistanis were there to help protect him. Was that 100% Pakistani army operation? Heck no! There were Jordanians loyal to the king and there were jordanians against the king.

But Pakistan army did not help in Arab fight against Israel in 67 nor 73. Just trying to keep the things straight.

No need to make it an issue for your ego.

Peace.
My friend plz understand me, I have read about this unfortunate civil war in details, Jordanian army was fighting on three sides, Syrians who invaded Northern Jordan and were kicked out, and Gaurding Iraqi Army based in Azraq in order not to help PLO, as well as fighting PLO. Only very few Jordanians know about Pak involvement in that war. Pakistan helped, yes thats true but that doesn't mean they saved the king. Jordanian army were mainly trained by British, Pak helped as well. Just get off our backs, What angers me that you only remember the very little you gave and forget the MUCH you got from Arabs.

Small countries such as Belguim were asked by USA to join her war on Iraq and Afghansitan, does that mean that USA really needed them or they say afterwards they saved USA. OH come on... this is just funny, I have just told my coleague at wark about Pak saved Jordan and he cracked laughing....:rofl:

Jordanian army personal at that time were 55000, this army performance in all Arab-Israeli wars was relatively the best.
lol you are really funny
i think that sometimes being a loser and a traitor makes you imagine things

............ What angers me that you only remember the very little you gave and forget the MUCH you got from Arabs.

Small countries such as Belguim were asked by USA to join her war on Iraq and Afghansitan, does that mean that USA really needed them or they say afterwards they saved USA. OH come on... theis just funny, I have told my coleage at war about Pak saved Jordan and he cracked laughing....:rofl:

Please don't judge Pakistan harshly. It is part of the national psyche to overestimate their importance in the world simply because of a rising sense of being left behind, given the events over the past decade. It will get better as and when Pakistan finds itself on a better footing.

Please don't judge Pakistan harshly. It is part of the national psyche to overestimated their importance in the world simply because of a rising sense of being left behind, given the events over the past decade. It will get better as and when Pakistan finds itself on a better footing.

Ohh, that's it then... I was wondering about this. I was really amazed by this overestamating every Pakistani role in Arab world.

Pakistan has been a strict Arab Ally.

It supported Arab states in wars with Israel in 1967 and 1973 and sending troops during the Gulf War in 1990 and even refused to sell military spare parts to Iran during the Iraq-Iran war.

Arab Military forces were still pretty nascent during 1965 and 1971 so they didn't offer Pakistan much military aid during those wars with India as it was Pakistan who was offering military aid to the Arab states.

These days, Arab forces have state of the art equipment, large ground troops, and powerful naval and aviation assets such as Saudi Arabia.

If any future conflict breaks out between India and Pakistan, will Arab states remain neutral so as not to jeopardize relations with the growing economic power of India, or just give token support so as to please both sides or start a massive arms transfer to Pakistan to assist Pakistan in the conflict with India?

Arabs can't (or don't) even help themselves. So, no.

lol you are really funny
i think that sometimes being a loser and a traitor makes you imagine things

Actually, we all whining over saving Egypt from becoming an Israeli Spa or Zoo. You are just ungrateful my friend to the ones who saved you. Now, here we use the word "save" correctly.

Ohh, that's it then... I was wondering about this. I was really amazed by this overestamating every Pakistani role in Arab world.

Unfortunately many Pakistanis do attach too much importance on the contributions of our country resulting in them thinking they are just way too important or needed by the Muslim world. Combine that with their ailing desire for a Muslim "Ummah" & a bunch of "conspiracy" theories; that is a recipe for disaster.

This attitude has led them to neglecting their own country while either cheering for someone else or desperately trying to reaffirm their title as some sort of "fortress of Islam".

..... Pakistan helped, yes thats true but that doesn't mean they saved the king. Jordanian army were mainly trained by British, Pak helped as well. Just get off our backs, What angers me that you only remember the very little you gave and forget the MUCH you got from Arabs. ....

So how many brigades of Arab army was deployed in Pakistan?

hahahahah.

Just childish comments like "Get off our backs".

This is what I called thankless trolls on Pakistan defense forums.

pathetic

just pathetic

Bangladesh would prob want payback against Pakistan, but won't be able to do much.

We won't be doing anything. We'll just mind our own business. But it'll certainly hurt the regional economy.

@Topic: The Arabs wouldn't actually do anything. Perhaps give some moral or financial boost at best.

Muslims being united is a myth (at least for now).

It is best for Pakistan to be self-sufficient.

Useless tripe, not worth replying.
Then why did you just reply? :lol:

I can understand that the likes of you can't come back with a rebuttal after being proven wrong, and that too with many sources, and instead you resort to one liners. :woot::disagree:

Unfortunately many Pakistanis do attach too much importance on the contributions of our country resulting in them thinking they are just way too important or needed by the Muslim world. Combine that with their ailing desire for a Muslim "Ummah" & a bunch of "conspiracy" theories; that is a recipe for disaster.

This attitude has led them to neglecting their own country while either cheering for someone else or desperately trying to reaffirm their title as some sort of "fortress of Islam".

So true.

there have been few instances where Pakistani army was deployed to help the local country. One is Jordan and the other is Saudi arabia.

In Jordan Pak army saw the action against Palistnian militants.
Saudi deployment has remained ueventful. Even though there are rumors that Pak soliders were involved in mopping up Wahabi militants out of Harm sharif in Makka. No confirmation though.

Saudi deployment came to an end when Gen. Aslam beg refused to support US attack in GW-I,
Jordanian deployment ended even long before that.

Other than these two instances, Pak army has never supported or getting deployed in any Arab country in any war and especially the Arab-Israeli wars of 67 and 73.

IN the reverse, Arab armies have never been deployed in any significant numbers in Pakistan for any combat role.

But the Mullah crowd in Pakistan keeps on croaking about "fortress of Islam" etc. Obviously it is all made up.

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom