What's new

Wil pak expats bet on pakistan?

We all need to give a deep thought to what we are demanding from expats i.e. to risk hard earned money for the sake of the country. Very few send money for their country, they send it for their families. The same rule applies to other nationalities.
Pakistani expats are mostly low paid workers. Very few are rich or even upper middle class. They are being asked to sacrifice big.

Now think about what is being and has always been demanded from those running the show in the country i.e to stop being harami pigs and get their act together. Its not a demand for sacrifice or even compromise. They are being begged to stop stealing and destroying the country.

Keeping that in view we should ask who should be the first one to step forward and act for their country?
I have a love hate relationship with Pakistan and when Imran Khan launched Roshan Digital and its various options I invested heavily in Pakistan. Nearly all my working capital was in Pakistan. It was only because I trusted the leader and saw the system change in small increments towards positive direction.

Then we have the 180 degree turn to old times in April and that was it. I pulled all my money out, I don't trust PDM and what it represents with my hard earned money. I withdrew my money at a loss - at least its not paying for another extension at Avenfield or another foreign trip for useless Bhutto. Yes my investment was small not in millions of pounds but I think the sentiment is shared by many around the world which is a serious harm to Pakistan.

I have stopped listening to news about Pakistan as well because in my opinion it is a lost cause, the change now needed in Pakistan requires a lot of sacrifice - the rot is too deep. I just don't think people of Pakistan have the appetite for the fight required.

Imran Khan has been a disappointment as well, he should have used public pressure on the last long march to force change, even if it came with a standoff between people vs the army. His pacifist mindset is equally culpable of the current economic state of Pakistan. Of all his tall tales of "I know best" he has no appetite for a bloody fight either.

A fight then would have forced elections and a new government which could work to improve the economic situation, his dithering has only deepened the existing economic wound and now I think it is too late.

I have a love hate relationship with Pakistan and when Imran Khan launched Roshan Digital and its various options I invested heavily in Pakistan. Nearly all my working capital was in Pakistan. It was only because I trusted the leader and saw the system change in small increments towards positive direction.

Then we have the 180 degree turn to old times in April and that was it. I pulled all my money out, I don't trust PDM and what it represents with my hard earned money. I withdrew my money at a loss - at least its not paying for another extension at Avenfield or another foreign trip for useless Bhutto. Yes my investment was small not in millions of pounds but I think the sentiment is shared by many around the world which is a serious harm to Pakistan.

I have stopped listening to news about Pakistan as well because in my opinion it is a lost cause, the change now needed in Pakistan requires a lot of sacrifice - the rot is too deep. I just don't think people of Pakistan have the appetite for the fight required.

Imran Khan has been a disappointment as well, he should have used public pressure on the last long march to force change, even if it came with a standoff between people vs the army. His pacifist mindset is equally culpable of the current economic state of Pakistan. Of all his tall tales of "I know best" he has no appetite for a bloody fight either.

A fight then would have forced elections and a new government which could work to improve the economic situation, his dithering has only deepened the existing economic wound and now I think it is too late.
No amount of fight can change destiny of any country. Its the job of jaahil awam to learn to think and get self aware. Then change will happen with or without IK.

Bet away and go short, overseas Pakistanis should sell whatever zameen they're holding and park that money in a safer investment environment.

We are fine and our economy is about to start climbing up from January 2023!

I have to agree with @Horse_Rider here. Pak is where India was in 1991- seemingly staring at default but actually it was the darkest hour before dawn. Anyone who had money and had invested in India (through the BSE) would be rolling in money now.

My advise to young Pakistanis, if any here, will be to have faith, stay back, and stay invested. It could be the best decision they would ever take.

Regards

Overseas Pakistanis will only come back after PTI comes back. Simple as that. Otherwise, no one will invest their money with a bunch of crooks.

No amount of fight can change destiny of any country. Its the job of jaahil awam to learn to think and get self aware. Then change will happen with or without IK.
I disagree there, history is full of instances where fight and resilience of a population has brought material change in way of governance and rule of law. The Turkish movement, the Chinese communist movement the independence movement of Indo-Pak subcontinent bears testament to this. All these movements required a central figure head, IK could have been the Mao/Ataturk of Pakistan but he is too much of a Pacifist.

Imran Khan gauged during the last long march, the limits of how far the people would go to right the wrong.

He probably has adjusted his strategy based on that.

But, don’t underestimate the mafia either. The PDM and the handlers would go to any length to eliminate their enemies. They tried with IK and others. They won’t shy away from giving it another go.

Maybe I am going too far back, but the people of the subcontinent are ber bakri. They are used to being submissive and follow their leaders blindly. Every tom dick and harry will say he/she is a shagirat of some XYZ maulvi.

I disagree there, history is full of instances where fight and resilience of a population has brought material change in way of governance and rule of law. The Turkish movement, the Chinese communist movement the independence movement of Indo-Pak subcontinent bears testament to this. All these movements required a central figure head, IK could have been the Mao/Ataturk of Pakistan but he is too much of a Pacifist.
Fight and Resistance should come with a vision. No one here has any vision. They just follow IK like a pied piper.
These jaahil log are more likely to fight to turn into Syria rather than Turkey or China. IK's non-aggressive strategy is better in these circumstances.

Keeping that in view we should ask who should be the first one to step forward and act for their country?
We could carry on asking or ask of ourselves as a Nation to step forward and depose those who will never give us a satisfactory answer for their crimes

I have to agree with @Horse_Rider here. Pak is where India was in 1991- seemingly staring at default but actually it was the darkest hour before dawn. Anyone who had money and had invested in India (through the BSE) would be rolling in money now.

My advise to young Pakistanis, if any here, will be to have faith, stay back, and stay invested. It could be the best decision they would ever take.

Regards
But India didn't have a military sucking up all resources and leaving the nation perpetually bankrupt. Now, ordinary citizens of Pakistan don't have enough cooking gas, medicines, vegetables etc., Do you think the military is having shortage of money to get their new toys or build palaces for themselves? Their bosses are enjoying life in the mansions playing golf and polo.

@epebble

There is nothing much left for the Pak Fauj to suck. What has happened in the past isn't doomed to be repeated in the future.

Regards

Pakistani expats remittance and investment in RDA eclipses exports quite easily.

Correct me if I am wrong
Remittance + RDA > exports + investments

Post RCO, why would expats send money except for bare minimum to send their families.

I just hope the real estate market crashes, so that people open their eyes and invest in other Revenue generating industries.

@epebble

There is nothing much left for the Pak Fauj to suck. What has happened in the past isn't doomed to be repeated in the future.

Regards
I bet whatever money comes in, domestic or foreign in the future, the military will have the first dibs on it. You never hear them complain about not having funds for aircraft or ships or submarines. Hint: IMF and Pakistan government cannot agree on accounting transparency. It has been a bone of contention for many years now.

Last edited:

Regards
Manmohan Singh and Montek Ahluwalia versus Ishaq Dar... Contrast could not be more..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom