What's new

Why PTI failed in KPK?

Favourite arguments of Karachi muahjirs is to say look N is ethnic party like MQM. When the reality couldn't be further from the truth. Here is the difference, no punjabi, baloch and sindhi in MQM and ANP. In N league there are members from every corner of Pakistan, they most have missed N league ethnic manifesto.

Reality is PPP, N and now PTI are only true mainstream parties in this country. They may make governments in certain provinces and not others but that doesn't make them ethnic.
Having certain people from different ethnicity within the party does not make it a national party. PMLN has its vote bank in Punjab and it is 90% chance that if you are voting PMLN you are likely to be from Punjab or PPP sindh. Also MQM has had people like Nabeel Gabol who are Sindhi and some politicians who are pathan. That does not change the fact that it is an ethnic party with a vote bank of a particular ethnic group. The difference is that a lot of Karachites are rising up to condemn the terrorist activities of MQM while despite these positive changes of ethnicity being put on the backburner in these provinces people of Punjab feel that there is too much ethnic chauvinism in the rest of the country which leads to Punjabis losing out and they are being more ethnically chauvinisitic. I mean how can you vote for a party like PMLN knowing it is corrupt and a son of Zia Ul Haq?

Last edited:
Having certain people from different ethnicity within the party does not make it a national party. PMLN has its vote bank in Punjab and it is 90% chance that if you are voting PMLN you are likely to be from Punjab or PPP sindh. Also MQM has had people like Nabeel Gabol who are Sindhi and some politicians who are pathan. That does not change the fact that it is an ethnic party with a vote bank of a particular ethnic group. The difference is that a lot of Karachites are rising up to condemn the terrorist activities of MQM while despite these positive changes of ethnicity being put on the backburner in these provinces people of Punjab feel that there is too much ethnic chauvinism in the rest of the country which leads to Punjabis losing out and they are being more ethnically chauvinisitic. I mean how can you vote for a party like PMLN knowing it is corrupt and a son of Zia Ul Haq?

don't act stupid. N is in goverment in Balochistan, AJK and Gilgit. It has won seats in FATA and KP.

Comparing it with Indian funded muhajir qoumi movement is living in denial. No matter how much you karachi walas try N will remain national party. Just because they don't have much muhajir vote bank who all vote on ethnic basis doesn't prove anything. Despite that I've seen many muhajirs in N trying to win in Karachi because that's what national parties do.

don't act stupid. N is in goverment in Balochistan, AJK and Gilgit. It has won seats in FATA and KP.

Comparing it with Indian funded muhajir qoumi movement is living in denial. No matter how much you karachi walas try N will remain national party. Just because they don't have much muhajir vote bank who all vote on ethnic basis doesn't prove anything. Despite that I've seen many muhajirs in N trying to win in Karachi because that's what national parties do.

National party with no seats in second most populous province and zero seats in biggest city and economic engine.

Jaag Punjabi Jaag

Quite a few PMLN fanboys are stumped here - no answer to case for dividing the country on ethnicity, caste, creed - I feel for them.

Anyone would be hard pressed to defend ills that N$ has brought into mainstream - see Akram Shaikh and Salman Raja couldn't defend - so how can simple media cell simpletons can do.
National party with no seats in second most populous province and zero seats in biggest city and economic engine.

Jaag Punjabi Jaag

And aik baar phir ho jaye:

Jaag Punjabi Jaag
Teri Pugg Nou Lag Gaya Daagh
~ Proudly Presented By Nawaz $harif

Jaag Punjabi Jaag

Punjabistan Zindabad.

oesn't matter since Karachi is in pockets of muhajir qoumi movement. Making government in balochistan, gilgit and punjab is more important.

Come on. This is direct denial a tactic all ethnic nationalists purposely apply. We have talked before and I have seen your ethnic nationalism before. My MQM supporting relatives say the same things. Perhaps they themselves are unaware of their ethnic chauvinism, don't know... Though I question how it can be that they "don't know" they are dividing the nation on the base of ethnicity when drawing room conversations consist of how the pathans should be driven out of Karachi and how Balochs are khar dimagh despite being denied their rights by punjabis and muhajirs for decades. We have to admit our faults to solve them but the way PMLN supporters are going we are never going to reach that point

A pashtun friend of mine was noble enough to admit the same thing (abuse of other ethnicities) occurs there in Pakhtunkhwa too and I have witnessed extreme forms of hatred on some pashtun forums for Pakistan. That is the final stage of ethnic chauvinism, inacceptance of the nation state and putting the ethnic group above Pakistan even.

You are telling me that Punjab is the only place in Pakistan where ethnic chauvinism is not even present? Please sir. Voting PMLN is part of the ethnic process. You should admit this. I do not know your family but can you without hiding facts say clearly that there is no punjabi chauvinism in your family? I am admitting there is in mine. Whats the point of denying an intrinsic problem in the fabric of Pakistan where ethnicity is more paramount than nationhood (and is most visible when we vote). It is a major flaw and weakness which if we do not fix will bite us in the ***.

PMLN is Punjabi chauvinism. Point out to me one member who is non punjabi on this forum and votes PMLN. There is a clear link. Perhaps PMLN may be better than MQM. That does not excuse it for dividing the nation with jaag punjab jaag chants. Is this nara the nara of a nationalist party. More proof:

I mean think how extreme this problem is when a common man in Lahore, one of the most liberal and progressive cities in Pakistan says this. I mean we threw away Bengal and now we are not even accepting that there is an ethnic problem in Pakistan. Bengalis were the majority ethnically by the way like Punjabis are.

As for your last argument even MQM has had some votes from Kashmir and Punjab. Doesn't in the least change anything.

Last edited:
Come on. This is direct denial a tactic all ethnic nationalists purposely apply. We have talked before and I have seen your ethnic nationalism before. My MQM supporting relatives say the same things. Perhaps they themselves are unaware of their ethnic chauvinism, don't know... Though I question how it can be that they "don't know" they are dividing the nation on the base of ethnicity when drawing room conversations consist of how the pathans should be driven out of Karachi and how Balochs are khar dimagh despite being denied their rights by punjabis and muhajirs for decades. We have to admit our faults to solve them but the way PMLN supporters are going we are never going to reach that point

A pashtun friend of mine was noble enough to admit the same thing (abuse of other ethnicities) occurs there in Pakhtunkhwa too and I have witnessed extreme forms of hatred on some pashtun forums for Pakistan. That is the final stage of ethnic chauvinism, inacceptance of the nation state and putting the ethnic group above Pakistan even.

You are telling me that Punjab is the only place in Pakistan where ethnic chauvinism is not even present? Please sir. Voting PMLN is part of the ethnic process. You should admit this. I do not know your family but can you without hiding facts say clearly that there is no punjabi chauvinism in your family? I am admitting there is in mine. Whats the point of denying an intrinsic problem in the fabric of Pakistan where ethnicity is more paramount than nationhood. It is a major flaw and weakness which if we do not fix will bite us in the ***.

PMLN is Punjabi chauvinism. Point out to me one member who is non punjabi on this forum and votes PMLN. There is a clear link. Perhaps PMLN may be better than MQM. That does not excuse it for dividing the nation with jaag punjab jaag chants. Is this nara the nara of a nationalist party. More proof:

I mean think how extreme this problem is when a common man in Lahore, one of the most liberal and progressive cities in Pakistan says this. I mean we threw away Bengal and now we are not even accepting that there is an ethnic problem in Pakistan. Bengalis were the majority ethnically by the way like Punjabis are.

Your video, that was just 1 stupid N support. I can fill pages of pathan card by PTI. Nawaz himself is kashmiri.

PTI got 7 million votes in punjab compared to N 14 million. All because of Imran Khan despite the fact that people he gave tickets to were unknown candidates with 0 vote bank of their own.

As far as MQM is concerned, they have been taken care of N league as promised in manifesto. Their vote bank is intact because muhajirs will not vote for anyone else but they can't go around killing non-muhajirs in Karachi. You being muhajir desperately want to say look punjabis vote for ethnic punjabi N too like us, sorry will not work. PTI leadership itself is as punjabi as N.

Different ethnicity insulting each other behind closed doors or what your relatives say. Couldn't care less, Pakistan is 3rd world country with jahil people so it's expected.

Your video, that was just 1 stupid N support. I can fill pages of pathan card by PTI. Nawaz himself is kashmiri.

denying-the-truth-doesnt-change-the-facts-quote-1.jpg

PTI got 7 million votes in punjab compared to N 14 million. All because of Imran Khan despite the fact that people he gave tickets to were unknown candidates with 0 vote bank of their own.

So you admit PTI is more of a national party than PMLN and Punjabis have voted for PTI en masse with the possibility that PTI allegations are true and PMLN is the last vestige of jaag punjab jaag mentality and was defeated in an election that was rigged to save PMLN. If such is true it would be a major but silent victory for the nation for abandoning ethnic mentality for once in voting. Some of my cousins did vote PTI in Karachi btw too. PTI might have its flaws but it is more a national party than any. Thanks for admitting.

As far as MQM is concerned, they have been taken care of N league as promised in manifesto. Their vote bank is intact because muhajirs will not vote for anyone else but they can't go around killing non-muhajirs in Karachi.

I am pleased with the action clipping MQM's wings and the operation in Karachi. But I have been writing a paper on ethnicity and I have to note that taking action against your own is more unlikely and not easy-its part of the process in Pakistan-every case in the history of Pakistan is politically motivated and anything incriminating against the party is only taken up by opposition parties rather than the party named in a case (like Panama) doing soul searching itself.

You are mostly likely lahori. You would know too that if you go from Lahore to Sialkot there are some people claiming to be under the governor of Sialkot who seek bhatta or "tax" from you for entering Sialkot. So the question is we all know MQM is a thug party. But has Nawaz taken even half the action against these thakurs of Gujranwala or Sialkot where there are PMLN party members collecting bhatta, possibly someone as high up as the governor. What am I trying to prove? I am proving that its easy to take action against your opponents but far harder to take action against your own. Has PMLN done anything to the party workers carrying guns in PMLN rally's? Be truthful here.

You being muhajir desperately want to say look punjabis vote for ethnic punjabi N too like us, sorry will not work. PTI leadership itself is as punjabi as N.

I have nothing against Punjabis. Just calling a spade a spade. Punjabis have way too much influence in Pakistan. Urdu speakers too though few analyze carefully the role of urdu speakers in a lot of problems in the country. I am condemning my ethnic group very much. You are defending yours. In my eyes you are part of the problem, the ethnic problem.

Different ethnicity insulting each other behind closed doors or what your relatives say. Couldn't care less, Pakistan is 3rd world country with jahil people so it's expected.
You used the word jahil. I don't want to offend. I have had enough with petty fights on the internet. In the future I aim to and might have a position of authority in Pakistan. I do not want to hurt even my enemies in the case that I may hurt a Pakistan lover, only difference being his views being different from mine which is no crime in reality. (Barring Indians of course. They are tyrants and have tried to oppress my people)

But you said jahil, I didn't. Don't you think a jahil people will display their jihalat when voting? Including for PMLN, if it actually did not rig the election.

So you admit PTI is more of a national party than PMLN and Punjabis have voted for PTI en masse with the possibility that PTI allegations are true and PMLN is the last vestige of jaag punjab jaag mentality and was defeated in an election that was rigged to save PMLN. If such is true it would be a major but silent victory for the nation for abandoning ethnic mentality for once in voting. Some of my cousins did vote PTI in Karachi btw too. PTI might have its flaws but it is more a national party than any. Thanks for admitting.

Your posts are long and can't read all of it. But just because PPP is reduced to interior sindh doesn't mean it's not mainstream party. And N is in government Balochistan, Gilgit and Punjab. While PTI only in KPK and that to with coalition partners like Jamati Islami. Just because JI only win seats in KP doesn't mean it's ethnic party.

Listen your quest to prove N same as MQM/ANP doesn't fly when we look at facts.

But PML (N) were managed to win majority in kpk , punjab and other provinces in past just like PPP ....

so its not fair to compare these two parties with ANP or MQM who always had vote bank of just certain community

PTI is taking lotaz from PPP and PML N so they are not frishta either if others are corrupt

The reason PTI failed badly in KPK is simply because of poor execution of government. They didn't know how to run institutions and oversee them. My family worked with KPK Police and how corrupt they are were beyond our imagination. I wrote in detail about our experience. I am new to this forum so it is not allowing me to post (this is not good admins!) but search "how kpk police reforms failed us terribly".

KPK Govt failed while,Sindh and Baloachistan are doing miracles:cheers:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom