What's new

Why not the F/A-18EF SuperHornet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be

Was offered to India I believe. US loves it for navy. But expensive.
You have answer in you post it is expensive Pakistan will buy something good and not cheap but a fair price like F-16C/D
And F-16 is beautiful machine and later we are going to update our fleet of F-16 52+ to 60 Block InshaAllah

I think PAF has learned his lesson about US jets they are outclass but strings attached .PAF will now on ward will have 3 platforms and by the way this makes perfect sense .One US ,One Local (Thunder) or any future project ,One will be from China/Russia .F18 no matter i love this jet and also with F15 but i think this will be unwise to go considering similar products are in excess ,At most if PAF wants to go may be some French option if there

F-18 E/F would be a good attack plane, but since you already have F-16s and getting a bunch of J/F-17s it just doesn't make sense

Pakistan needs an air superiority fighter like Su-27/J-11

The FA-18 are superior fighters than the junk F-16s we're offered that we have to MLU to keep them going. A few superior fighters are better than having many flying targets like the Syrian Migs; 100 were shot down without a single loss to the Zionists (they were flying F-15s). The point is quality over quantity!
The same Migs flown by PAF volunteers made the Israelis sleepless.

No FA18 Hornet for Pakistan.......

US will not provide any aircraft carrying state of art tech including AESA which US believe might fall in China hands.

US will not allow Pakistan to carry Chinese anti ship missiles on this aircraft. So for us it's useless.

FA18 Super Hornet has 30% more range than F18 Hornet, but still it's lower than advance Chinese or Russian flanker.

United States will not allow that. They don't want China to develop Cheap copies of their advance and sensitive systems ..........
May be RCS of J15 or Su35 is also low and both have higher flight ceiling perhaps it may get marks for only Powerful AESA radar. But country like Pak having AESA able to track Naval targets at 300KM of Frigate size and 200Km for fighter jet off course with AESA and capable enough AESA radar, Irst and relatively longer combat radius is quite good with open architecture for future upgrades.

On the other hand PAF may get two squadrons of J11 series to fulfill bomber/strike role soon enough to replace Mirages.

(For cost cuts same engine may be chosen for PAF/Naval Jets)

nopes US wont.....atleast for a decade and Pak wont go for it either i guess

The US has in the past (PAF turned to F-16's) and there is no reason why they wouldn't now. As for the whole ten year thing, the jet's production line is being phased out....I don't think the PAF will ask for an obsolete jet.

well firstly te jet was offered to Pakistan, but actually buying them is the problem.

the f18 is unsuitable for both the airforce and the navy. firstly the f18 is a mid capable jet about a 600km radius. 11 hard points with a 8000 kg payload it will exceed the weapons payload. but its 65$+ million price tag.

also having a new platform will mean pakistan will have to invest in the jet heavily maintenance, training and servicing. this would mean they will need more than 2 squadrons.

i suggest going for the j10/c with aesa and cft's

Good points.

Reality Check: The F-18 is more sanction prone than the F-16.

With the F-16's there are multiple supplier options available. With the F-18...........?

If you mean peacetime sanctions i.e. not the ones imposed during war, then that makes sense. But in a conflict, no one will provide a single thing to Pakistan.

No FA18 Hornet for Pakistan.......

US will not provide any aircraft carrying state of art tech including AESA which US believe might fall in China hands.

United States will not allow that. They don't want China to develop Cheap copies of their advance and sensitive systems ..........

China's AESA development is up there now, and it combat aircraft carry AESA radars.

American Innovation: The Technological Maturity of Chinese AESA Technology & Strategic Impacts

I don't think US will allow them for PAF

They have already done so some years ago.

Why not f18 you ask.

Sanctions

And restrictions imposed by usa India friends. Now

Cost you people have the dollars to buy and operate such s plane.

Your air force prefers light cheap planes ie f7 thunders and used f16(

Sanctions, fair enough, then India should be worried as well.
Restrictions from who? They have no influence, please see the latest Zulus order. They could have quite easily given over older Cobras.
Money is a factor which can't be denied

Sir, the thread was started by a Mod.

So?

I think its a useless topic to discuss as it is never gonna happen.

Well it did come up and I'd thought I'd put it out there just to see the replies. I agree I don't see it happening. I also see the SU-35 never happening. Maybe something like the J-11 or J-15.

The US has in the past (PAF turned to F-16's) and there is no reason why they wouldn't now. As for the whole ten year thing, the jet's production line is being phased out....I don't think the PAF will ask for an obsolete jet.

Good points.

If you mean peacetime sanctions i.e. not the ones imposed during war, then that makes sense. But in a conflict, no one will provide a single thing to Pakistan.

China's AESA development is up there now, and it combat aircraft carry AESA radars.

American Innovation: The Technological Maturity of Chinese AESA Technology & Strategic Impacts

They have already done so some years ago.

Sanctions, fair enough, then India should be worried as well.
Restrictions from who? They have no influence, please see the latest Zulus order. They could have quite easily given over older Cobras.
Money is a factor which can't be denied

So?

Well it did come up and I'd thought I'd put it out there just to see the replies. I agree I don't see it happening. I also see the SU-35 never happening. Maybe something like the J-11 or J-15.
thanks man appreciated.
just a question of interest why did you create the thread anyway? there is a thread that discusses the f18's viability in the Pakistani airforce. do you think the f18 is a suitable jet? if so why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom