What's new

Why not the F/A-18EF SuperHornet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The F-18 production run will likely not be extended.

Boeing Plans to Keep Super Hornet Line Open After Positive Signs From Congress, International Customers - USNI News

Today, Gillian said “we’re doing everything we need to be able to continue production to meet U.S. Navy and international fighter needs.”

“Based on positive marks from all four defense committees and continued discussions on near-term‎ international sales, we’re moving forward with decisions to keep the line open and preserve future options,” the company added in a statement to USNI News.

MSF13-0082-071.jpg

A more viable and necessary option would be to equip our Viper fleet with APG-83 SABR AESA and Legion IRST, instead of Super Hornets. This would make our Viper fleet remain effectively relevant for many more years to come and prove a real force multiplier at the most reasonable cost.

No FA18 Hornet for Pakistan.......

US will not provide any aircraft carrying state of art tech including AESA which US believe might fall in China hands.

US will not allow Pakistan to carry Chinese anti ship missiles on this aircraft. So for us it's useless.

FA18 Super Hornet has 30% more range than F18 Hornet, but still it's lower than advance Chinese or Russian flanker.

equip our Viper fleet with APG-83 SABR AESA and Legion IRST,
United States will not allow that. They don't want China to develop Cheap copies of their advance and sensitive systems ..........

In the end, PAF will be going for this or may be F-15. No SUs, no Chinese heavy birds.
How they can loose an old customer? and as usual habbit of babas of PAF, they will be more eager to get US hardware.

China is already making AESA. There is noting in this aircraft for China to copy. They got better Russian hardware to copy.

don't think it's on offer to Pakistan but the US might make it available at some stage if India gets too far ahead and stays with Russia for it's fighter requirements.
nopes US wont.....atleast for a decade and Pak wont go for it either i guess
F-18 Hornet was already offered. Actually, no one needs Indian permission for their sales to any country.

Last edited:
First EFT then Fc-20 then j-11s then j-31 then su-35 and now fa-18 ...but in the end comes used f-16s ....i guess we should give it a rest now ...

The question is why Pakistan has forgotten about China's J series (so many I can't count!) and now looking at American fighters instead? Is it because of:

Unreliability of hardware?
Sub standard avionics?
Poor performance compared to their American counterparts?
Non availability within timelines?
Maintainability?
Life cycle costs?

A number of posts have recently mentioned preference of F-15s, F-16s, F-18s, etc over Chinese J-10,11,15,16, 20, 31 etc, in spite of their exorbitant costs. Why the sudden twist in the tale? Intriguing to say the least! :rolleyes1:

I highly doubt F 18 to PAF .... but an awesome bird .... outdated for US not to the rest of World.... Su 35 i doubt the deal.... many of guys may not agree with me... because of 4 mi 35.... lets wait and see .. how many guys will take U turn...

The question is why Pakistan has forgotten about China's J series (so many I can't count!) and now looking at American fighters instead? Is it because of:

Unreliability of hardware?
Sub standard avionics?
Poor performance compared to their American counterparts?
Non availability within timelines?
Maintainability?
Life cycle costs?

A number of posts have recently mentioned preference of F-15s, F-16s, F-18s, etc over Chinese J-10,11,15,16, 20, 31 etc, in spite of their exorbitant costs. Why the sudden twist in the tale? Intriguing to say the least! :rolleyes1:

quality trumps quantity :P

I don't think US will allow them for PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom