What's new

Why not MiGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep offtopic rants and personal attacks out of the thread

Mig29 is an extremely capable fighter in terms of aerodynamics

Did US offer India F16's and FA18's? Still 29K's made it to the Navy?

The Indian Navy did not have a choice it was a package deal, the Migs were bundled with the aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov.

The PAF has been operating MiGs for the past 50 years.. the F-6(mig-19) and the F-7(Mig-21). It has evaluated Migs in the past as well and compared to those aircraft is quite happy with its current mix.

The PAF has been operating MiGs for the past 50 years.. the F-6(mig-19) and the F-7(Mig-21). It has evaluated Migs in the past as well and compared to those aircraft is quite happy with its current mix.

You beat me to it, that was my initial reaction when I saw OPs post.

Sooner or later PAF is any for obvious reasons going to run out of F16s....adn the US won't be selling you.....is the JF17 a good enough replacement for F-16??

i dont think so that Jf-17 can replace f-16's , but j-10b with further modifications can do the same job as f-16s do ...

The JF-17 is not a replacement for the F-16's.
JF-17 is a Low cost, light weight fighter meant to replace the MiG 21 copies that PAF has.

F-16 is the leading edge fighter of PAF and would be replaced in the future by a different aircraft. Most likely J-10.

well you forget about J-XX and J-31 if i am not wrong , PAF can work along with chinese to build them according to our needs

by the way sorry for the off topic , can any senior member enlighten me that can jf-17 can work as interceptor ? and which planes intercept indians mig's after mumbai attacks ? ? i heard out planes have locked on their Aircraft within 4-5 mins !!

well dont you guys think miG-29 can work as a good interceptor ? right now we have f-7's which are assign for interceptor , correct me please if i am wrong !!

If you believe Aeronut; then the MiG-29 is not suitable. so better to stick with the F-7s and Mirage 3/5s that you have. Aero knows all about them flyin' machines, lol.

IAF don't want to operate same fighter as PAF, and you don't prefer Russian Mig29 either. The reason why you go for Mig29k is because you don't have any choice.

Mig29k and Vikra is a binding business, you don't have choice.

one more reply without any sense!!

Sir
Are you sure it were the Russians? I know that PAF evaluated the SU27 from Belarus in the 1990's but rejected them due to extreme costs associated with maintaining these beasts. PAF also evaluated Ukrainian MIG29's but they were also rejected due to the very same reason.

when same think about Su-27s & Mig-29s were posted by me to some other thread Indians make fun of it and said how Pakistan could have access to Russian tech. It seem Indians in delusion and they don't have much information how Pakistan have put efforts to acquire tech from around the world.

1: We'll buy Fulcurms the day we want our front line pilots to get knocked down like toys. Fulcurms are Rubbish - only those buy it who can't buy or wont be sold the American jets.

Call Migs as fulcrums and think I have posted some great post. Good idea.

If you believe Aeronut; then the MiG-29 is not suitable. so better to stick with the F-7s and Mirage 3/5s that you have. Aero knows all about them flyin' machines, lol.

It is quite unsuitable for what the PAF needs.

t is quite unsuitable for what the PAF needs.

Mig-29 may be but Mig-35 looks good why PAF don't tested it? and PAF could work with them to develop tech specially with mikoyan gurevich as majority of order have been taken by sukhoi and they need orders too.

Mig-29 may be but Mig-35 looks good why PAF don't tested it? and PAF could work with them to develop tech specially with mikoyan gurevich as majority of order have been taken by sukhoi and they need orders too.

That may seem true, but like the US .. Russia is not a free flow country for us. And the mig-35 is wholly unsuitable for our needs. We need cost effectiveness as much as possible; being able to accomplish the most out of the least. The Mig-35 offers nothing new in terms of avionics that meet our requirements which we already do not have in some form or another. It does not offer substantial range increases and strike effectiveness that our F-16s do not fulfil. It does not offer us low peacetime operating costs and logistic ease as we desire(as much the common powerplant advantage seems to be) and finally.. it does not offer us security of hardware(and software) that we desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom