What's new

Why not an indigenous Pakistani jet engine?

Can Pakistan theoretically design and build high performance jet engines, say similar to RD 93 for JF 17?

Yes; possibly in a few years if sufficient funds & human resources are allocated. But logic dictates that it would be more economical to buy these off the shelf from countries like Russia and / or China and put the country’s limited resources to more productive use.

This is exactly what I mean since the beginning. Iam sure that Pakistan has the enough engineers, technicians, scientists, know-how to overcome such challenge. However it needs money, too much money. U cannot rely on money from rich arab countries, they are between Israel, and US hands.
U cannot rely on Russia, russian leaders are showing us that they used to betrayal their best friends, and sometimes they became the worst ennemy of their best friends. Russia is not reliable.
U cannot rely on China's funds, as they are not happy to see a potential challenger.
For West more U are dependant, better they are. They never leave U to become independant.
Finally Pakistan must rely on its own ressources. They must to launch a great national challenge, as they did for their nuclear deterrence. Or maybe find partners like North Korea, Egypt, Myamar, Venezuela etc... In anyway in the short future, Pakistan won't have other choice.

What is stopping Pakistan from building an indigenous jet engine?

The basic design is well known and I assume we can manufacture the requisite materials, so, other than patents, what is stopping us from developing/copying one ourselves?

I assume we have been servicing our military aircraft all these years, so we have some operational facilities also.

I am not being facetious. Clearly I am not a rocket scientist so I am quite curious what are the major hurdles.
well why jet engines, there is long list of other thing we must do
e.g
first a good diesel engine for tanks
JV in helicopters
sub ammunition
list is very lengthy

I support the idea of starting these projects we cud use our brain who have been draining to west.
Corruption is the key to control here first and then foreign pressures from our own gov.
We can't involve army in everything steel mill is important in this development. I am sure our engineer knows how it works just need to start it from somewhere getting evolve with car and motor bike would put us 30 years back .. it's better we start from jumping in deep water to learn swim rather than baby steps.
Begging money is no solution and asking help won't get us anywhere close to target.. it's a country of 200 million people, small amount of taxes cud generate a lot of money for this projects.
We need a leadership who actually live work and have will to do things for Pakistan.

Put aside few Bn USD for engine development. It will be a very costly task.

images

Put aside few Bn USD for engine development. It will be a very costly task.
Not only few billion but also dedication of country's, engins are not nuclear yet it needs alot of expertise and many years of hard work and it can't be achievable if they dont pursue this tech.
Third world countries are basically behind they compromise on others stuff or low quality products. Hardly encourage our own stuff which keeps us behind without having imp technology.

Key is the growth in automobile sector. The more it developes, the closer we are to a local jet engine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom