What's new

Why not an indigenous Pakistani jet engine?

india exports software, cars, heavy machines, etc while pakistan exports guns. which country do u think is doing better?

True, India has a large ratio of manufactured goods in its exports, but Pakistan is not limited to arms sale alone. There are several other sectors that have shown growth like IT. Dr. Atta ur Rehman's plan that is currently with the Planning Commission will see a drastic increase in many areas like pharmaceuticals etc. (once implemented... maybe a 25-30 yrs. according to our government's current performance) and combined with fewer power outages, our textile industry will also show rapid expansion.

FREE TECH ?

Get this in your head once & for all, "India PAYS real money for everything it imports".

A country the size of India cannot rely on other nations for it's defence hardware, but a country the size of Pakistan can, especially when you have higher than mountains and deeper than oceans friendship with the upcoming superpower ;)

LOL !!!

India depends 100% on foreign arms import :

India world's largest arms importer according to new SIPRI data on international arms transfers
14 March 2011: India world's largest arms importer according to new SIPRI data on international arms transfers — www.sipri.org

India will CONTINUE TO BE THE WORLD'S TOP Arms Importer for decades to come......mean while Pakistan is producing many of hardwares for herself.

LOL !!!

India depends 100% on foreign arms import :

India world's largest arms importer according to new SIPRI data on international arms transfers
14 March 2011: India world's largest arms importer according to new SIPRI data on international arms transfers — www.sipri.org

India will CONTINUE TO BE THE WORLD'S TOP Arms Importer for decades to come......mean while Pakistan is producing many of hardwares for herself.

have you ever read the article,pakistan imports 5% of the total arms import so in short 9% for india is less then 5% of pakistan in direct relation with its economy

o bhai konsi brand ki amrat pi ha?
pakistan cannot make a simple 70cc motorcycle engine on its own,, you are talkoing of jet engine,,,

anyhow question is valid

We could build them under licence, like what Sweden does.

Building a jet engine is extremely difficult thats why China struggled and India is also struggling
We could build them under licence, like what Sweden does.
and from where will Pakistan get Tot for building a jet engine?

Building a jet engine is extremely difficult thats why China struggled and India is also struggling

and from where will Pakistan get Tot for building a jet engine?
Obviously France (M-88) or Russia (RD-93) would be considered, though chances for that right now would be slim but I wouldn't completely rule them out.

It would most probably be China (WS-13), however as you mentioned their engines are not yet ready for mass production and deployment.

Obviously France (M-88) or Russia (RD-93) would be considered, though chances for that right now would be slim but I wouldn't completely rule them out.

It would most probably be China (WS-13), however as you mentioned their engines are not yet ready for mass production and deployment.
I don't think so no country want to give away any engine manufacturing tech

I don't think so no country want to give away any engine manufacturing tech
It depends, it is possible for a local plant of the WS-13 in Pakistan to licence build them for the JF-17. China are also developing the more powerful WS-15 for the J-20 which they will obviously keep to themselves.

It depends, it is possible for a local plant of the WS-13 in Pakistan to licence build them for the JF-17. China are also developing the more powerful WS-15 for the J-20 which they will obviously keep to themselves.
Still doubt that they will give tech like crystal radome or metallurgy used they will just help in assembling

Still doubt that they will give tech like crystal radome or metallurgy used they will just help in assembling
The necessary facilities would be sourced for manufacturing the engines under licence.

What is stopping Pakistan from building an indigenous jet engine?

The basic design is well known and I assume we can manufacture the requisite materials, so, other than patents, what is stopping us from developing/copying one ourselves?

I assume we have been servicing our military aircraft all these years, so we have some operational facilities also.

I am not being facetious. Clearly I am not a rocket scientist so I am quite curious what are the major hurdles.

your mental IQ. Please educate yourself and get a dose of reality, facts and information before you post stupid things

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom