What's new

Why no Pakistani helicopter manufacturing/assembling program?

Focus on the Turbine engine manufacturing - the helicopter plants will come - but without the infrastructure and know how about the turbine manufacturing, Pakistanis may find themselves with another Deja vu all over again, as everything stops awaiting engine development elsewhere

I am sure it was quite easier for PAC to join in with China over the R&D of 3 to 4 types of Helicopter like:
1. Type of Mi-17
2. Type of AW139
3. Type of Bell-407
4. Z-10 Like Attack one

5. Alouttee III; that can be on our own at PAC.

Z10 will use WZ16 turbo shaft engine with 1500 kilowatt engine output. The engine will be delivered in year 2014, which is a part of joint venture programe between China and France.
201304181543570770a.jpg

Help yourself first thats enough!! What do you think that india is a supar duppar power???

No, India is not a super power, are you that much obsessed with India that you have to start this super power BS?

OT: India has produced a very successful helicopter, the Dhruv, which even got the FAA certificate a couple of days ago. And several other models like the LCH, Rudra and a light helicopter are being developed from it.

WZ15/EC175 Sino-France joint venture programme
11553321710670933800.jpg
380d58f46ca3b8716fc.jpg

Looks very neat and slim :cheers:

One question, can this helo be used for military purpose ? (I am asking because of the European arms embargo)

of course, will be modified for carring marine soldiers or antisubmarine purpose.

China was denied access to HP PT6C-67E turbo shaft engine due to USA interference, so China and France Turbomeca decided to joint design WZ16 turbo shaft engine.

I agree Pk should seriously consider manufacturing helicopters. The program should at-least get started, things workout at the end (even if its after decades). Self reliance as much as possible.

depends on domestic requirement which remains mainly military, so off the shelf is a better option at this point.

I agree Pk should seriously consider manufacturing helicopters. The program should at-least get started, things workout at the end (even if its after decades). Self reliance as much as possible.

Who's gonna pay for it? I agree there should be a heli-program, but there is no money to spend to actually get the program off the ground.

One question, can this helo be used for military purpose ? (I am asking because of the European arms embargo)

Never worry about the European arms embargo.We got lots from European for arms.:azn:

The most important ,Z-15 design by china :china:

Produced by Eurocopter be called EC175 Canada Engine for European , American and international markets.

Produced by China be called Z-15 for army with chinese Engine.

During the EC175's formal unveiling at Heli-Expo 2008, Eurocopter booked a total of 111 purchase options from 13 customers, including launch customers Bristow Helicopters and the VIH Aviation Group.

Back
Top Bottom