What's new

Why no Pakistani helicopter manufacturing/assembling program?

Utter balanoy, funding was realised in mid-90s and the project only got underway properly at that time. Yes some general/politican may have mentioned that India needed a light weight Mig-21 replacement many decades before, but this was all talk and nothing was actually done until many decades later in,like I said, the Mid-90s. The project team wasn't even assembled until 1991 FFS!

Its not our fault if the project is delayed...

Its not our fault if the project is delayed...

Delayed going by some arbritary timeline the ADA/DRDO pulled out of their backsides in the mid-90s when they had no idea of the mountain of the job before them and the sanctions that were to be imposed.

Going by international standards the LCA project is not at all spectacularly delayed. The delays are perfectly reasonable if you understand the complexity of the task and the challenges faced by the design team.

No one is blaming YOU, they are holding their hands up and taking accountability for their mistakes and taking corrective action.

Good for them I say- it is better to have tried and failed than never to have tired at all, no? And the LCA project is hardly a failure.

k8_helo.jpg

Well I don't even think we need to invest too much cash we have the K8 platform ... just need to make room for the engine that controls the hoovering (the top part) and replacing the rear , end tail with the fan at back to turn the whole craft direction ....

The twin engines are already there on the K8 that move or thrust the vehicle forward etc ...

Here you go step by step instruction how to build a safari helicopter
Outline.jpg

Reference
C-GOEZ : Building a Safari (aka Baby Belle) Helicopter Kit

Max 10 million USD dollar would get Pakistan their own Attack Helicopter since all labour is so in expensive in Pakistan, and for advance R&D 20 million more weapons and quality assurance
Tusi Grate Ho paa G...............Many time i think why I did not learn Photo shop to day I can say I'm not Alon.

Pakistan should start R&D and build Helicopters on its own just like India has made ALH,Dhruv,LCH,ALH and we are building LUH also.

Don't make fun of Pakistan at all. Okie. I know that India is throwing fire on borders and looking to attack on Pakistan too...
HUH???
Where i made fun of Pakistan??.I just asked a simple question and from where this India throwing fires on borders came into the topic??
Making an Helicopter is not that much difficult comparatively so i think that Pakistan can make it with proper investments.

HUH???
Where i made fun of Pakistan??.I just asked a simple question and from where this India throwing fires on borders came into the topic??
Making an Helicopter is not that much difficult comparatively so i think that Pakistan can make it with proper investments.

Sir, you are 100% right. But in Pakistan people and business men are doing nothing at all. We can even make bikes, cars and other land and marine vehicles easily. But no body is working at all. We all know that PAC is fully capable even in the 1990s to design and produce 5 types of transport helicopters along with an attack helicopter like Apache with EU engines and avionics which can be produced under license in Pakistan but there wasn't a single move even for the K-8 in which PAC was 25% of partner...

Delayed going by some arbritary timeline the ADA/DRDO pulled out of their backsides in the mid-90s when they had no idea of the mountain of the job before them and the sanctions that were to be imposed.

Going by international standards the LCA project is not at all spectacularly delayed. The delays are perfectly reasonable if you understand the complexity of the task and the challenges faced by the design team.

No one is blaming YOU, they are holding their hands up and taking accountability for their mistakes and taking corrective action.

Good for them I say- it is better to have tried and failed than never to have tired at all, no? And the LCA project is hardly a failure.
No .The philosophy behind it was different. Unfortunately it fel pray to the unrealistic boasts of DRDO. It could easily have come on line in 2005-10 bracket and be developed in subsequent cycles and would have been a lot cheaper than what you are doing to it now. But persuit of the best when you dont have capabilities currently is a fallacy and this is where it went wrong. There will be face saving and it will be called a learning process but you have to admit it was badly managed and executed. The sooner the DRDO learns that the better for them.
Regards
PS:shall we get back to the topic at hand.

Back
Top Bottom