What's new

Why Jinnah’s portrait hangs in Aligarh Muslim University?

These bloody congress party and janta dal govts. were slap on the face of our Muslim League leaders by giving India a tolerant culture, thanks to BJP govt, I am respecting Mr. Jinnah and the his party again :-)

@PurpleStone you just set the example of cherry picking. And enough of that chootiya Yasser Lateef Hamdani

That is what I said. He was not the architect, or he did not conceive the two nation theory.

There was nothing wrong with two nation theory. If Hindus wanted to be recognized as a nation, Muslim too had right to be recognized as such.
The two nation theory is flawed.

Hindus are not a nation. Never has been. Not is. Never will be.

The two nation theory is flawed.

Hindus are not a nation. Never has been. Not is. Never will be.

At the given time, it made a lot of sense. The world was gripped with nationalism and nationalistic identity. It still is.

To be frank, it still makes a lot of sense. Culturally and socially, Hindus and Muslims were two distinct groups. Since the Hindu country evolving under INC was not giving a control over the country as majority, Muslim had the right to claim to be a separate identity. When a Muslim, a matter of Islamic principle cant even marry a Hindu, then Muslim is a separate identity.

At the given time, it made a lot of sense. The world was gripped with nationalism and nationalistic identity. It still is.

To be frank, it still makes a lot of sense. Culturally and socially, Hindus and Muslims were two distinct groups. Since the Hindu country evolving under INC was not giving a control over the country as majority, Muslim had the right to claim to be a separate identity. When a Muslim, a matter of Islamic principle cant even marry a Hindu, then Muslim is a separate identity.
Hindus and Muslims are totally different. Muslims are a nation. Hindus are not.
Our heroes are different and often are opposite to the other.
Example Aurangzeb is our hero. Shivaji is theirs. It's the exact opposite for Hindus.

If both India and Pakistan were actually independent countries and not a continuation of the former British India colony, then this discussion wouldn't even be had. Pictures of Jinnah shouldn't be up anywhere in India and vice versa, pictures of Indians shouldn't be in Pakistan. We're two separate countries...yet we both are behaving like a British colony.

When the British conquered the subcontinent, they destroyed everything of the past. For example, when the British conquered Sindh in 1842, they destroyed the entire Talpur ruling class, government and military.

Naturally when a country becomes independent, they get rid of the colonial past. India (like Pakistan) decided to not do that. Both inherited the former British colonial government and military (India inherited it, we adopted it).

It amazes me how most Pakistanis and Indians actually think "British India" was a real country. It wasn't...it was an unlawful British occupation. Jinnah and the Muslim League and Nehru and the Congress did what they had to do to secure our rights, but after 1947, we should have actually become independent and got rid of everything British.

Instead of adopting a colonial government, we should have formed a new DEMOCRATIC government with origins beginning in 1947, not 1857. If you think British Indian colonial government was democratic, then all I can say is LOL. We also adopted a colonial penal code. And instead of adopting a colonial military, we should have formed a new military.

How many of you know today that the Pakistan Army was actually renamed from the former North Western Army (combining the Northern and Western commands of the British Army). Similarly the Indian Army was formed out of the Southern and Eastern commands.

And you call yourselves "independent".

Shameless.

Hindutva lovers want to remove his picture from the Aligarh Muslim University because he was responsible for the split in their ‘Akhand Bharat’. On the other hand, if Taliban/LeJ supporters of the society who want to turn Pakistan into a Sunni Wahhabi State were to succeed; Quaid-a Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah’s photo would disappear from all Gov’t offices as well. Wahhabis consider Shias Kafir and ‘Wajib ul qatl’; how can a picture of a Shia Kafir hang in a Wahhabi orthodoxy?

How long will the people of the subcontinent continue to propagate prejudices and hatred instead finding a way for peaceful co-existence?

I am unable to decide whether I should feel sorry for our Quaid or pity for the extreme bigotry of the likes of Lej/Taliban and the Hinduvta loving BJP MP’s. Then I remember that ‘Age of enlightenment’ never came to the subcontinent.

Last edited:
Hindutva lovers want to remove his picture from the Aligarh Muslim University because he was the split in their ‘Akhand Bharat’. On the other hand, if Taliban/LeJ supporters of the society who want to turn Pakistan into a Sunni Wahhabi State were to succeed; Quaid-a Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah’s photo would disappear from all Gov’t offices as well. Wahhabis consider Shias Kafir and ‘Wajib ul qatl’; how can a picture of a Shia Kafir hang in a Wahhabi orthodoxy?

How long will the people of the subcontinent continue to propagate prejudices and hatred instead finding a way for peaceful co-existence?

I am unable to decide whether I should feel sorry for our Quaid or pity for the extreme bigotry of the likes of Lej/Taliban and the Hinduvta loving BJP MP’s. Then I remember that ‘Age of enlightenment’ never came to the subcontinent.

Jinnah was a statesman. It is sad the people don't recognize this fact.

Back
Top Bottom