What's new

The Importance Of Being Mr. Jinnah

One thing we can definitely agree on that whatever Pakistan is today, if it continue on its path will have no future.

I cannot disagree with your conclusion as above, provided the inclusion of the word "bright" before "future". It will have a future, albeit quite dark, which suits what it wants to be be, by conscious design and active effort to make it so.

You are very Generous, I think Jinnah's Pakistan died with him, or with when Ayub took over calling Fatima Jinnah as traitor.
To the contrary, Jinnah's Pakistan was revived briefly post '71 but died forever with Mushy's moderate enlightenment whereby degeneracy was allowed to flourish, corruption was codified as a state policy and a god given right of the elite as per NRO 1.0 and western colonial slavery was made a permanent feature under auspices of a perpetual the war of terror.

We all live in the economically unviable, morally bankrupt colonial outpost created by one of the greatest sepoy generals of all time, the moderately enlightened Mushy.

I cannot disagree with your conclusion as above, provided the inclusion of the word "bright" before "future". It will have a future, albeit quite dark, which suits what it wants to be be, by conscious design and active effort to make it so.
But having just a future, where the nation is divided, institution are pimped out, Courts have no justice , Military has no idea/will to protect the people, Media is literally biased and economy is falling faster than the temperature in Chicago right now, does that Future worth it ? I read a news not long ago, that many many Pakistani's youth wants to get out of their country, they want to move out countries like America and west leaving everything behind. America has its issues who can deny that, but only a few people I noticed after trump become president wanted to leave for Canada but majority took over the streets to fight for their rights, that is what a nation is suppose to be. American courts hear all sides even if it was coming from a common citizen or a ex-President, Trump is facing more trails than ever. Mike pence refused to follow unlawful order from Trump on 6th Jan, even though they both support each other and stands for same things. But yet Mike Pence did what was his lawful duty and did not fall for individual because US democracy and Institution and people is what makes America a great country, not individual like Trump/Reagan/Lincoln or Kennedy. I want to see that in Pakistan, I want to see our institution work independently and equally for everyone. I want to take my future kids to a Pakistan where a common civilian will not be pushed back in line if a VIP comes in, or no traffic is stopped due to a VVIP, or I want a Pakistan where General/Judge/Politician/anyone can be brought to justice.

Last edited:
But having just a future, where the nation is divided, institution are pimped out, Courts have no justice , Military has no idea/will to protect the people, Media is literally biased and economy is falling faster than the temperature in Chicago right now, does that Future worth it ? I read a news not long ago, that many many Pakistani's youth wants to get out of their country, they want to move out countries like America and west leaving everything behind. America has its issues who can deny that, but only a few people I noticed after trump become president wanted to leave for Canada but majority took over the streets to fight for their rights, that is what a nation is suppose to be. American courts hear all sides even if it was coming from a common citizen or a ex-President, Trump is facing more trails than ever. Mike pence refused to follow unlawful order from Trump on 6th Jan, even though they both support each other and stands for same things. But yet Mike Pence did what was his lawful duty and did not fall for individual because US democracy and Institution and people is what America a great country, not individual like Trump/Reagan/Lincoln or Kennedy. I want to see that in Pakistan, I want to see our institution work independently and equally for everyone. I want to take my future kids to a Pakistan where a common civilian will not be pushed back in line if a VIP comes in, or no traffic is stopped due to a VVIP, or I want a Pakistan where General/Judge/Politician/anyone can be brought to justice.

All I can say here is that Pakistan is clearly not USA, and it is, and will be, only what it wants to be, as we can see already.

The Importance Of Being Mr. Jinnah

Ayesha Jalal

The claim to nationhood was not an inevitable overture to completely separate statehood. An analytical distinction between a division of sovereignty within India and a partition of the provinces enables a precise understanding of the demand for a ‘Pakistan’.
I am not sure what she is writing. Is she thinking Jinnah wanted some intermediate non sovereign entity? What for? We all know Commonwealth of Independent States that replaced USSR has not been successful. On the other hand, the British Commonwealth is just a ceremonial arrangement with no meaningful purpose. Even the British Overseas Citizenship is not all that valuable. Only EU has become a meaningful Supranational organization with meaningful purpose. But it took more than 50 years to perfect. Even then, not everyone was happy with it as Brexit showed. I think Professor Jalal is needlessly overthinking and over-complicating Jinnah's ideas.

To the contrary, Jinnah's Pakistan was revived briefly post '71 but died forever with Mushy's moderate enlightenment whereby degeneracy was allowed to flourish, corruption was codified as a state policy and a god given right of the elite as per NRO 1.0 and western colonial slavery was made a permanent feature under auspices of a perpetual the war of terror.

We all live in the economically unviable, morally bankrupt colonial outpost created by one of the greatest sepoy generals of all time, the moderately enlightened Mushy.
Nope, Jinnah Pakistan died with him or at least when Ayub Took Power. He would never let Ayub take power, or let him call his sister a Traitor.

Edhi is also from Gujrat

Gen Tairq about Quaid

Fk0DSh2WIAE9bAB

Pakistani lawyers today don't even come close.

اگر آج کا پاکستان جناح دیکھتے تو سوری کہہ کر انگریز کو واپس کر دیتے
Iqbal wouldn't have let him.

Jinnah's Pakistan died in 1951 when the one appointed by Quaid, Liaquat Ali Khan was assassinated by hidden forces
The efforts of Muhammad and Ali through Jinnah will never die.

Read Fatimah Jinnah’s account on how he came to visit the Quaid on his last days in Ziarat.
Fatima Jinnah's using her stature to influence the administration of Karachi to favor a certain sect is a well known quantity. I'd take her take on LAK with a grain of salt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom