What's new

The Importance Of Being Mr. Jinnah

Fatima Jinnah's using her stature to influence the administration of Karachi to favor a certain sect is a well known quantity. I'd take her take on LAK with a grain of salt

Better, leave this subject. We wouldn't get anything out of it now. Even if we spare LAK, what @SQ8 is saying, is true, by and large, about the leadership of that time.

I might get a bit heat for this but I think Jinnah himself was a bit conflicted on what kind of country he wanted, secular like Turkey or a Theocracy. But I don't blame him becaues he succumb to his illness very early, if he lived a couple of years he would have implemented his vision for Pakistan. So that could become the base for the future Pakistan's politics, the only person who would know the vision of Jinnah would be Fatima Jinnah after the Assassination of Liaquat Ali Khan, but thanks to Ayub even that great leader was lost in time (Fatima). Zia was the worse thing that has happened to Pakistan, he fought USSR yeah but with the US/KSA/Allied backings, If Pakistan was taking USSR alone than with help of India, Pakistan will be broken into pieces. One thing we can definitely agree on that whatever Pakistan is today, if it continue on its path will have no future.

Jinnah’s ideology was one of cultural and religious hegemony under the banner of Islam. Making matters such as justice based upon the laws of Islam, and having Islamic elements within the constitution.

But at the same time he wished for moderation and freedom in all these matters

Better, leave this subject. We wouldn't get anything out of it now. Even if we spare LAK, what @SQ8 is saying, is true, by and large, about the leadership of that time.

LAK is Liaquat Ali Khan?

Whether Jinnah goals were achieved by 1950 onwards or NOT ?
The question in 2022-23 is matter deepening Gravity of situation is getting out of control now for Pakistan.
No Doubt the country will survive BUT at what cost of sacrifices made by Mir Jaffers & ghadders of Pakistan??

It's already dead, i am surprised that you can't see it.
I’m not surprised that you think like that.
Iqbal would have no objections, and he would have felt guilty as to why he saw dream of Pakistan.
Means you haven’t read Iqbal.

Efforts of Ahmad Mujtaba "احمد مجتبٰی" behind which was will of ALLAH,
same will which snatched Imran Ahmad Khan away from death, twice,
maxresdefault.jpg
View attachment 907734
skynews-imran-khan-assassination-attempt_5953232.jpg

One can never die without will of Rasool-e-Ahmad's CREATOR
Poor relevance.

Jinnah and Iqbal still top the list.

Ah ok. Interestingly and off topic, LAK's wife was my grandmother's classmate in school. They even shared the same surname before her conversion to Islam.

Is your grandmother somehow related to a known INC leader, of those times, G B Pant?

The efforts of Muhammad and Ali through Jinnah will never die.
I mean you guys have a full contingent guarding his grave so he doesn't run off from the country. I'm pretty sure he wants out and nothing to do with this country anymore.

Is your grandmother somehow related to a known INC leader, of those times, G B Pant?

I am not sure if she was related to him. Her side of the family were staunch supporters of the Congress until the 90s. Then they switched loyalties to BJP. My grandfather was also a staunch Gandhian and their house had several photographs of him in meeting with Nehru. His brother was a part of Azad Hind fauj and was killed in Burma.

I mean you guys have a full contingent guarding his grave so he doesn't run off from the country. I'm pretty sure he wants out and nothing to do with this country anymore.
Read more about him, especially the cases he took in court.

I’m not surprised that you think like that.

Means you haven’t read Iqbal.

Poor relevance.

Jinnah and Iqbal still top the list.
I have been reading your posts for few months now, all i can say is you don't have the eye to see, your right eye is closed.

I am not the one who has thrown Iqbal out of school syllabus.

Fatima Jinnah's using her stature to influence the administration of Karachi to favor a certain sect is a well known quantity. I'd take her take on LAK with a grain of salt
One has to hear the aspect of the other side about the politics of Karachi administration. Still doesn’t take away LAKs focus on self interest.
Jinnah was the only quantity not compromised

t boggles my mind that he had property spanning 2 divisions in India (Nawab). Did he do any corruption? What was his bias against Quaid if any? LAK didn't claim any property in Pakistan for exchange? So why he needed the govt so badly at earliest, if it is true !!

Not taking the debate to another tangent.

Jinnah wanted a state where Muslims of the subcontinent can have a country for themselves and choose their future.

My question is, did he want a secular state based on Islamic principles or did he want an Islamic state? I’ve always had this question especially when leaders say Pakistan was created in the name of Islam. This is different than saying having a country for Muslims of the subcontinent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom