What's new

Why is Sri Lanka more developed than Pakistan and India?

Gibbs
After i read your post i cross checked the facts.And i am surprised that you were right.
Infact on one of the sites i was reading the comparison between Indian tourist destinations and Sri Lanka's tourist destinations.It goes in great details about the hospitality of Sri lankans too.I was impressed to say the least.
But my understanding is
India's population is much more than that of Sri Lanka. So it is untenable and unfair to compare India to smaller countries. India's wealth and production generation are much more than even some advanced countries of the world. But there are some control bottlenecks and red tapism which prevent Indian economy to give better economy of scale.JMHO.

Most definitely.. with a much smaller population it's so much easier to implement national policies also managing resources and the spread of wealth is much equal.. India is a paradox.. It's massive population and it's huge diversity is a equal blessing and a bane to the country.. The sheer market size had made it a economic power house while the same numbers make it a near impossible strain on infrastructure and wealth distribution

Most definitely.. with a much smaller population it's so much easier to implement national policies also managing resources and the spread of wealth is much equal.. India is a paradox.. It's massive population and it's huge diversity is a equal blessing and a bane to the country.. The sheer market size had made it a economic power house while the same numbers make it a near impossible strain on infrastructure and wealth distribution
And in India the money is unequally distributed too.
The breaking news is despite the lowering value of money and a stumbling Indian evinomy Mukesh Ambani saw no loss in his net worth.So the rich turn richer and poor turn poorer.

a) They are fed up with wars and geo-political gimmickry.
b) They do what is good for their country regardless of where that good comes from. i.e China.
c) They're the size of a large Indian city. Policy changes and enforcement are far easier to do in SL.

That is not to say they don't have many of the same problems as the rest of South Asia. As far as I am aware there is a lack of good tertiary education in SL, this may have changed in recent times though.

Gibbs
After i read your post i cross checked the facts.And i am surprised that you were right.
Infact on one of the sites i was reading the comparison between Indian tourist destinations and Sri Lanka's tourist destinations.It goes in great details about the hospitality of Sri lankans too.I was impressed to say the least.
But my understanding is
India's population is much more than that of Sri Lanka. So it is untenable and unfair to compare India to smaller countries. India's wealth and production generation are much more than even some advanced countries of the world. But there are some control bottlenecks and red tapism which prevent Indian economy to give better economy of scale.JMHO.
The only solution is law and order. The day we achieve it, we will be unstoppable!!

Back
Top Bottom