What's new

Why is China called the longest continual civilization?

ZhengHe

Reaction score
i kind of understand it but not completely.

china has a history of 5,000+ years and we are still here today.

what about Egypt? Iraq? India?

iraq- also known as Mesopotamia had the 1st recorded history of civilization and they are still here today..

some clarification would be appreciated.

iraq- also known as Mesopotamia had the 1st recorded history of civilization and they are still here today..

Actually India has recorded history of some 5000 to 6000 years where in the legends go beyond that with the proper description of places and the cultures. We still continue to follow the traditions which were followed some thousands years back. Still we have the same notion of spirituality which we had previously though there had been a lot of influence from other cultures.

India had been invaded by many kingdoms which brought their concept of culture which got mixed with Indian culture and gave rise to mixed culture which you today in India. But traditional practises down the line remain the same. There are some temples in India where the same family are taking care of it for thousand of years.

As far as other civilizations are concerned the culture and practises have been changed totally with the influence of Islam and other religions.

Its because the other civiliazation that is even older than the Chinese civilization has been discontinue or encountered significant change. For example, middle east are mainly Arab civilization that dated to the conqeust of Muhammad. In India, there were Aryans invasion and the modern Indian civilization is regarded by many as a distinct civilization from the most ancient ones. However, this is a contentious issue. Also, the writing system and language has shifted a more in India. China is regarded by almost all historian as the world's longest continuous civilization because all historian believe its ancient civilization survive to the modern days. There is no debate or contention about this issue. A side note would be that China's capital never left the China proper. But I'm not sure if this point is even relevant.

China and India has given the world hundreds of inventions, from your icecream to eat to kung fu to blow you off ,chinese have invented almost everything, now talking about Harrapa, they had an intricate sewage system that modern architects can only dream off, India has given the world ayurveda and yoga, while china has given accupuncture, indians were first to master the concept of number 0, while chinese revolutionised trignometry .we share so many things.

I don't know about other civilizations, but Chinese people, even those elementory school students, can read and understand so many poems that were written 2000 years ago. The grammar and the meaning of the words have not changed.

In my humble opinion, Faithful Guy, writing a little after you, is incorrect. Let us take things one at a time.

Egyptian culture was consistently Pharaonic until the early Christian era, when a considerable degree of conversion went on. The population of Egypt was very largely Coptic Christian and remained so until the advent of Islam. So there were two religious breaks, and two civilisational breaks as well, more or less coincident with the religious breaks. Modern Egypt has nothing to do with Pharaonic Egypt.

Iraq was settled by the same people through history, but the semitic culture of Pre-islamic times was radically altered by the advent of Islam, hence its failure to be considered a continuous civilisation.

India, from the incursion of Indo-Aryan speakers to this day, is on the other hand a continuous civilisation, however, one with less homogeneity and cohesiveness than China.

This subject can take millions of pages. i hope that this whets your appetite for more.

Pakistan has a 9000 year old recorded history starting with Mehrgarh civilization and then followed by 5000 year old indus valley civilization

Pakistani 5000 year old indus valley civilization predates the chinese civilization

Pakistan is a cradle of civilization

Note: There is a difference between ancient india and present india.
Ancient india corresponds to present day pakistan which today bharat has hijacked to steal pakistan's 9000 year old glorious civilization. We dont have any shared history with present day india before 13 century/

Pakistan has a 9000 year old recorded history starting with Mehrgarh civilization and then followed by 5000 year old indus valley civilization

Pakistani 5000 year old indus valley civilization predates the chinese civilization

Pakistan is a cradle of civilization

Note: There is a difference between ancient india and present india.
Ancient india corresponds to present day pakistan which today bharat has hijacked to steal pakistan's 9000 year old glorious civilization. We dont have any shared history with present day india before 13 century/

For Chinese members: It's akin to Koreans claiming all of Chinese achievements.

Only difference is that Korea existed in ancient times but Pakistan didn't

What a ridiculous comparison. Indus Valley is Pakistan. Please take a look at a map before educating others. Indus history is Pakistani history.

ivc2x.jpg

It will take more than 1 unlettered bharati to deny us of our glorious 9000 year old civilization, The failed experiment of bharat union is clearly visible where half of its territory is under the control of rebel, kashmir and seven sisterly states in open rebellion, and gujarat and maharashtra want to create hindu republics,

No one can deny the fact bharat was never a united entity, it has always existed as conglomeration of independent nation who were always fighting with each other for domination until muslims came and civilised them, After british left the 565 kingdoms were threatened and forced to join the so called secular union of bharat, Bharat is reverting to its pre-partition stage where 565 states will be separate as always

What a ridiculous comparison. Indus Valley is Pakistan. Please take a look at a map before educating others. Indus history is Pakistani history.

ivc2x.jpg

:coffee:

This will turn into those

Zero was invented by Ancient Pakistanis
&
Ancient India was actually Pakistan
&
Ancient Pakistanis are Pure Aryans

It will take more than 1 unlettered bharati to deny us of our glorious 9000 year old civilization, The failed experiment of bharat union is clearly visible where half of its territory is under the control of rebel, kashmir and seven sisterly states in open rebellion, and gujarat and maharashtra want to create hindu republics,

No one can deny the fact bharat was never a united entity, it has always existed as conglomeration of independent nation who were always fighting with each other for domination until muslims came and civilised them, After british left the 565 kingdoms were threatened and forced to join the so called secular union of bharat, Bharat is reverting to its pre-partition stage where 565 states will be separate as always

^^
:rolleyes:

What will follow are probably quotes from Winston Churchill

Not again......

Depends to who you are talking to. I bet many folks in the world would not agree. But it's safe to say China is among a few that has a continuous record of civilization. I guess 10,000 years is a rough estimate of various modern civilizations (with most of those years not too much civilized).
Death after death after death, all are refined to some extent.

???????????:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
I would have countered your claims here.But i feel i will waste my time by doing so.The first para itself is so ridiculous that i have lost the will .Sometimes i feel you write these nonsense to provoke Indians here .Not only do you distort history but you add and delete here and there and make up imaginary stuff.It appears to me that you live in a parallel world .No matter what i write , how much evidence i show you will not learn .So what's the point.There can be a debate only if both sides respect each other.Having false superiority complex and distorted information will not lead to a good debate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom