What's new

Why is China called the longest continual civilization?

Is PureAryan back with the same crap that RigVedas have nothing to do with Hinduism. I dont want to read can someone tell me so that i can repost the mantras from Rigveda

i kind of understand it but not completely.

china has a history of 5,000+ years and we are still here today.

what about Egypt? Iraq? India?

iraq- also known as Mesopotamia had the 1st recorded history of civilization and they are still here today..

some clarification would be appreciated.

i guess your real intention of creating this thread is to dig a hole and let other jump in especially our Pak/India friends

What a ridiculous comparison. Indus Valley is Pakistan. Please take a look at a map before educating others. Indus history is Pakistani history.

ivc2x.jpg

Pakistani History starts at 1947, anything before that is Indian history, please check your sources.

i kind of understand it but not completely.

china has a history of 5,000+ years and we are still here today.

what about Egypt? Iraq? India?

iraq- also known as Mesopotamia had the 1st recorded history of civilization and they are still here today..

some clarification would be appreciated.

Only India is the longest continual civilization in the world. :cheers:

And as for china Mao demolished and destroyed most of things under cultural revolution and now chinese don't follow their old culture or civilization etc.

What a ridiculous comparison. Indus Valley is Pakistan. Please take a look at a map before educating others. Indus history is Pakistani history.

ivc2x.jpg

Its western interpretation that Indus Valley civilization because when Britishers visited they have seen Indus river and named it after it.

But the fact is that thousands of years ago when that so called Indus Valley civilization developed it was on the banks of river Saraswati in Gujarat and civilization spreads till sindh that was India at that time.

So its not Indus Valley but Saraswati Valley civilization.

And for ur info saraswati still flows in India. ;)

The thread got derailed when some Indian claimed that Harappa belonged to India. They should have said 'south Asia' since the word 'India' denotes only the modern state of India. Hopefully it was an innocent mistake.

I agree, i had the exact same reaction when masterchief said harappa in India, something like "oh no here we go again". Think it can be agreed on that the Indus civilization is shared between modern North West Indians and Pakistanis, neither did India nor Pakistan exist back then.

as for the topic, i think the answer has already been stated, that China has had one continuous culture throughout this period whilst other potential competitors like Mesopotamia and Egypt had their culture change drastically after the advent of Islam

Last edited:
Harappa (Urdu/Punjabi: ہڑپہ, pronounced [ɦəɽəppaː]) is an archaeological site in Punjab, northeast Pakistan, about 35 km (22 mi) west of Sahiwal. The site takes its name from a modern village located near the former course of the Ravi River. The current village of Harappa is 6 km from the ancient site.

Following independence, the bulk of the archaeological finds were inherited by Pakistan where most of the IVC was based, and excavations from this time include those led by Sir Mortimer Wheeler in 1949, archaeological adviser to the Government of Pakistan. Outposts of the Indus Valley civilization were excavated as far west as Sutkagan Dor in Baluchistan, as far north as at Shortugai on the Amudarya or Oxus River in current Afghanistan.

Its because the other civiliazation that is even older than the Chinese civilization has been discontinue or encountered significant change. For example, middle east are mainly Arab civilization that dated to the conqeust of Muhammad. In India, there were Aryans invasion and the modern Indian civilization is regarded by many as a distinct civilization from the most ancient ones. However, this is a contentious issue. Also, the writing system and language has shifted a more in India. China is regarded by almost all historian as the world's longest continuous civilization because all historian believe its ancient civilization survive to the modern days. There is no debate or contention about this issue. A side note would be that China's capital never left the China proper. But I'm not sure if this point is even relevant.

The Aryans invaded India around 1500 BC, in the late Harappan era. They annihilated the Indus Valley people and themselves settled in the valley of the Ganga. The Indus Valley civilisation was dying out at this point of time due to the drying up of the Indus river bed and shifting of the course of the Indus river in an eastwardly direction. The Aryans are very much a part of the ancient Indian civilisation. It was they who
brought Sanskrit to India and the Vedas on which Hinduism is based.

i guess your real intention of creating this thread is to dig a hole and let other jump in especially our Pak/India friends

I'd like to call webmaster's attention to this Zhenghe dude. He may have false flagged his country of origin because all his posts are designed to inflame the feelings of PDF members. If he were truly interested in finding answers he could easily have done an online search. There was absolutely no need to bait our members.

I'd like to call webmaster's attention to this Zhenghe dude. He may have false flagged his country of origin because all his posts are designed to inflame the feelings of PDF members. If he were truly interested in finding answers he could easily have done an online search. There was absolutely no need to bait our members.

bro that is not true lol

i know i bring up sensitive issues but my intentions are not as you describe.

Threads like thees and posts like these are suiting this forum very well!!!!!!!!!

so keep it up!!! :lol:

The Aryans invaded India around 1500 BC, in the late Harappan era. They annihilated the Indus Valley people and themselves settled in the valley of the Ganga. The Indus Valley civilisation was dying out at this point of time due to the drying up of the Indus river bed and shifting of the course of the Indus river in an eastwardly direction. The Aryans are very much a part of the ancient Indian civilisation. It was they who
brought Sanskrit to India and the Vedas on which Hinduism is based.

So how much is the Aryans relate to the modern Indians? Also, how is Sanskrit compare to the language of modern India. The South Asian land mass has various civilizations and eventually come together with the creation of the British empire. The biggest part of the empire is the nation of India. As you point out, the current Indian culture has minimal connection with the Indus Valley civilization. Also, its doubtful whether the Aryan invaders brought a civilization that is regarded as continuous to the civilization of modern day India.

Pakistani History starts at 1947, anything before that is Indian history, please check your sources.

Actually, India and Pakistan both were created in 1947. Prior to that, it was the history of the British India. And prior to that, it consist of empires that do not necessarily lay claim the the whole India. All these empires see themselves as a legitimate empire by and in themselves, not as the empire of "India". India is a British creation.

Back
Top Bottom