What's new

Why is China called the longest continual civilization?

Proof? :blink: It does appear Indian math is a bit older than Chinese math.

Indian mathematics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinese mathematics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, in terms of achievements in science, math and technology, I contend that the Chinese have achieved a lot more than the Indians have.

It depends on how maths is defined, wiki is not reliable. Simple diagrams are not maths. If so, Chinese maths is older. "Simple mathematics on Oracle bone script date back to the Shang Dynasty (1600–1050 BC)"

Neither China nor India was the oldest civilization. That honor goes to mesopotamia.
The oldest continuous civilization is Chinese.

What language has to do with musical instruments. Chinese tunes are 100% aping of western music.

If one doesn't know language, he can't find the source of the song and artist. :omghaha:
If you have reading and comprehension problem, it is not my responsibility to repeat what I've posted again :laugh:

So, we agree that the Indian language of today is not the Indian language of the early Indian civilization?

If you're referring to Hindi, yes it was Persianized during Mughal era. But let's not go off topic. Mod is watching

If you're referring to Hindi, yes it was Persianized during Mughal era. But let's not go off topic. Mod is watching

Then you cannot prove that the Indian civilization is not continuous because Hindi is a surviving language. :coffee:

Then you cannot prove that the Indian civilization is not continuous because Hindi is a surviving language. :coffee:

Continuous but not the oldest continuous. Sanskrit is different from Hindi. Start a new thread, you'll get plenty of response.

Continuous but not the oldest continuous. Sanskrit is different from Hindi. Start a new thread, you'll get plenty of response.

Given the obscurity of the long past, I believe it is best to not argue back and forth which language is older. Just my 2 cents. :victory:

So, we agree that the Indian language of today is not the Indian language of the early Indian civilization?

Most of the modern Indian languages originated out of Prakrit. Prakrit originated out of Sanskrit. Although we still study Sanskrit in school and religious texts are still in Sanskrit.

Are you telling me Chinese didn't undergo changes for thousands of years. :laughcry: Still 400 million Chinese can't speak Mandarin.

So, how does it prove your point, :girl_wacko: many languages have taken loads of loanwords from other language, only Icelandic language has maintained its pure form. ;)

Chinese language is pretty much the same compared to say 200 BC or so. All the surnames are the same.

古装历史剧《楚汉风云》第1集 - YouTube

How come surname prove your point. China was ruled by Mongols and Manchus who speak non-Sino-Tibetan languages. I even read Chinese also have Persian origin words. everyone wasn't speaking Mandarin for 2500 years, still only 70% Chinese know Mandarin, 400 million can't speak Mandarin.

So, how does it prove your point, :girl_wacko: many languages have taken loads of loanwords from other language, only Icelandic language has maintained its pure form. ;)

Icelandic is part of Germanic language, LOL. Chinese language is the purest.
Start another thread, don't go off topic.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom