What's new

Why Gen RS turned down KSA offer....Pakistan: A Conditional Saudi Ally

You didn't reply what India can offer to KSA in term of there conflicts in yemen or elsewhere. I have no issues with good relation between India and KSA. In current status they are not bad either..You can believe what you choose to be.

We are the third largest oil market and KSA is aggressively entering into Indian markets in downstream and retail sector. That is billions of dollars. Moreover, India will offer KSA a chance to get back at Pakistan.

It is more likely that KSA has reached out to Israel for guidance, though not overtly.
Member from KSA can say something about it.My response was in the context that what additional India can offer to replace pakistan..

We are the third largest oil market and KSA is aggressively entering into Indian markets in downstream and retail sector. That is billions of dollars. Moreover, India will offer KSA a chance to get back at Pakistan.
That is pure business and KSA is doing it with India for more than 50 years..Billions of dollars trade exist between India and KSA for oil and other commodities even before Yemen fiasco. This will not add something new .They will do this in future irrespective of Raheel sharif subject..

Total trade between india and KSA is approximately 39 Billion USD for the year 2014-2015.This is before yemen..KSA is looking for its interest and they will continue this trade

Last edited:
Member from KSA can say something about it.My response was in the context that what additional India can offer to replace pakistan..

Though India per se will likely have no great self motivation to offer, if KSA asks they may be willing to help in many respects that Pakistan cannot. For example, Indian international political, diplomatic, military and economic prowess is lot more credible than that of Pakistan; but they won't bend the rules for KSA as Pak is willing to do.

That is pure business and KSA is doing it with India for more than 50 years..Billions of dollars trade exist between India and KSA for oil and other commodities even before Yemen fiasco. This will not add something new .They will do this in future irrespective of Raheel sharif subject..

That is why I added one more point beside ' pure business '. Read my last post.

That is why I added one more point beside ' pure business '. Read my last post.
What is that one more point.Kindly elaborate i am unable to find

Though India per se will likely have no great self motivation to offer, if KSA asks they may be willing to help in many respects that Pakistan cannot. For example, Indian international political, diplomatic, military and economic prowess is lot more credible than that of Pakistan; but they won't bend the rules for KSA as Pak is willing to do.
But all this will not harm pakistan in any way..That is my point

The number of Saudi and Irani fanboys here on PDF is disgusting.

We have no business in Yemen. We have no business in Palestine. These super power wannabe Saudis and Iranians are the cancer of Muslim world. Track the blood trail in Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Palestine, Syria and you will see both Saudi and Iranian fingerprints.

Yeh dono mulk bc kisi k sagay nahi.

We had the good fortune that lawmakers decided to stay away from Yemen. Now lets stay away. The truth is that we have 200million Pakistanis to look after, first and foremost. We simply cannot afford to be a part of these games. The best thing for us would be to stay nice, stay friendly to both of these devils and focus on our own economy and our own backyard.

Peace.

What is that one more point.Kindly elaborate i am unable to find

There is no use talking in circles.

My point is KSA and Pakistan relations are going to suffer immensely, and Modi will be fool not to take advantage of it. Whatever, in the Muslim world KSA is the most influential country. It is good if KSA is on India's side especially on India's issues with Pakistan

By mid to late 21st century, relations between Pakistan and KSA are likely going to become colder. Pakistan's economy is quickly growing, as is its population, which will likely lead to Pakistan asserting itself far more deeply, in the Muslim world. This will no doubt lead to Pakistan and KSA butting heads, as both compete to lead the Sunni Muslim world.

Likewise, Pakistan's relations with Turkey and Iran are also may become difficult, for likely the same reasons, as the later two also are trying to become the undeclared leaders of the middle east and the Muslim world, as a whole.

With KSA, it will be very difficult to avoid such an eventuality, if not down right impossible; Shared historical geopolitical and military cooperation, and culture will likely delay any sort of degradation of ties, but it will be unlikely to stop such an occurrence from happening. With Turkey and Iran, things will be easier, but Pakistan will have to build and define its relationship with both the Turks and the Persians now. With Turkey, Pakistan has the benefit that it won't have to directly compete with them, as both are geographically far apart, with similar noncompeting interests and different immediate priorities in their respective neighborhoods; both nations will have time to adjust to each other's geopolitical needs and interests, hopefully delaying or even halting any sort of downgrade in relations.

Despite what it may seem like at times, both Iran and Pakistan are quite sensitive to each other's interests, considering they're both immediate neighbors. CPEC has also helped to bring both nations together, as Chabahar seems to be stuck in its tracks, despite India's assurances of its financial and political support. Right now, the two major issues between Pakistan and Iran seem to be border management, and Iran's conflict with KSA, which both Iran and KSA seem to be actively fighting within Pakistan, through the use of militias, politicians and sectarian extremist groups. With Iran, Pakistan needs to incentives economics, so that Iran will see more benefits from supporting Pakistan geopolitically, instead of competing against it, this may be the only way mutually beneficial way to pacify Iran.

Of course, these are simply my own views, so take them with a pinch of salt.

I disagree with you completely when it comes to Pakistan's geo-political relations with Turkey and trying to take the mantle of the Sunni world, with our relations with Turkey deeply rooted within our people and shared within our history, culture and faith, I do not see our relations down spiraling in any way, in-fact with our common interests aligned and when CPEC matures I only see our relations getting better, even if as you say Turkey starts having ambitions of dominating the middle east and the Muslim world in general that is in-fact in our interest and we would gladly welcome it because our own ambitions are not present in the middle east but squarely fixed on India and the sub-continent as a whole whom we face the greatest existential threat ever and any geo-political game we play in the middle east would be to make sure none of the middle eastern Muslim states side with India against us and support us unconditionally and it is because of this reason why we are and will continue to do so play a balancing act against KSA and Iran and anything beyond what happens in the middle east is none of our concern.

We will never try to butt heads with KSA or try to take the mantle of the sunni world, at-least not until the existential threat that we face from India is not resolved.

My point is KSA and Pakistan relations are going to suffer immensely, and Modi will be fool not to take advantage of it. Whatever, in the Muslim world KSA is the most influential country. It is good if KSA is on India's side especially on India's issues with Pakistan
Thank you for admitting the fact that nothing will change on ground as nothing new is there..India issue with Pakistan is Kashmir ..KSA support you on this or not will change anything wrt to pakistan.FYI Arab league is already having a neutral stance on this where KSA is leading member.Discussion closed..

yes it won't harm Pak if India helps KSA; but the perception of many Pakistanis is that anything India does is to harm Pak.
Everybody is entitled for his own perception.In ground reality anything between KSA and India does not impact pakistan unless and until there is some military subject is involved

Last edited:

Actually now Saudi need educated labor , such as MBA's or business professional , because there economy is sluggish. They are almost done with building project, now there new generation is foreign graduates and there dimension are totally different from previous generation. There ultimate target is banking and commerce sector. Indian has pretty much took over Saudi business sector and Indian won't let Pakistani in. Plus, Pakistani govt didn't play any role to look this sector. They were only busy providing men power/ labor .

Pakistan and Turkish relations are built upon the those muslim soldiers of British india who gave up their lives but refused to fight Turkish brothers during the world war and its mostly military to military contacts that r very strong between Turkey and Pakistan ..

True, but how many years does the older generation have to live?

Tell any older Turk, in a city, that you're Pakistan they'll greet you with a hug and say "Kardesh" and demand you have Turkish tea or food with them. And this affection is prevalent throughout the rural areas with more diffusion in the younger ages. But you can't expect something from 100+ years ago to maintain a relationship.

Not Turkish state policy , but a leader's personal perception to gain support .

President Erdogan is the leader who supports relationships with Pakistan to be strong. The AKP is his party, who have also made it official Party Policy to have strong relationships with Pakistan.

True, but how many years does the older generation have to live?

Tell any older Turk, in a city, that you're Pakistan they'll greet you with a hug and say "Kardesh" and demand you have Turkish tea or food with them. And this affection is prevalent throughout the rural areas with more diffusion in the younger ages. But you can't expect something from 100+ years ago to maintain a relationship.

President Erdogan is the leader who supports relationships with Pakistan to be strong. The AKP is his party, who have also made it official Party Policy to have strong relationships with Pakistan.
Yes party policy not national policy. Like China national policy , providing unconditional support to Pakistan in case of war.

Back
Top Bottom