What's new

Why does Vietnam love America but hates China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think Cambodia, Laos, Champa people and your own ethnic minorities see Vietnam as a bully who has tormented them for hundreds of years? China has only ever lost its temper with the Vietnamese when they insisted on conquering and enslaving those people. Nothing else.
They see us as the peace loving protector instead, thats why u never see any protest against VNese in Lao and Champa communities while Laos see u as bad bullier, thats why they supported Vn against China in 1979 :pop:

Keep making yourself happy wt Ah Q 'spiritual victory', every know clearly that when war break out again, Laos wt half of its pplation is VNese will continue on VN's side :pop:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Half of Laos population is VNese? or should I says these Vietnamese are all been Sinicized because they need to get better jobs from Chinese compagnies invested there :lol:. You vietnamese learn to quickly adapt to a new situation :cool:

big fish eat small fish, giant fish eat all...LMAO

Last edited:
the past is the past. china the biggest threat to Vietnam as of this moment.
Actually the biggest threat to them are you. If you want, you can turn Vietnam upside down with your color revolution scheme.

For us, Vietnam is like a little brother who is hanging out with gang members. Luckily and anyone can tell you, joining gang will bring nothing positive to a family.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Half of Laos population is VNese? or should I says these Vietnamese are all been Sinicized because they need to get better jobs from Chinese compagnies invested there :lol:. You vietnamese learn to quickly adapt to a new situation :cool:

big fish eat small fish, giant fish eat all...LMAO

That why I said:" Keep making yourself happy wt Ah Q 'spiritual victory' ". Nothing change in real life, Laos always side wt VN just like in 1979 :pop:

Actually the biggest threat to them are you. If you want, you can turn Vietnam upside down with your color revolution scheme.

For us, Vietnam is like a little brother who is hanging out with gang members. Luckily and anyone can tell you, joining gang will bring nothing positive to a family.
Yep, we r family, then dont forget the time Han Chinese bowed down and begged for Dai Viet's protection during Mongol-Manchus invasion ::cool:

I was surprised that the Vietnamese would be more forgiving to the Americans than the Chinese who have similar culture considering what they did to them like the million deaths, agent orange and destruction resulting in a war torn nation.

American know they must do something to amend their mistakes and they have been doing that.
About China? I don't want to talk about what never existed - THEIR APOLOGY : words or actions.

American know they must do something to amend their mistakes and they have been doing that.
About China? I don't want to talk about what never existed - THEIR APOLOGY : words or actions.

@BoQ77 , you know that there are over 1 million Vietnamese in the United States, right? Your fellow expats that live here are flourishing in the United States. Very hard workers, the Vietnamese-Americans. Seeing their hard working nature, I have no doubt that Viet Nam will prosper , continue to prosper ! :)

China is no saint. How about the mistreatment of Tibetans, Uyghurs in Xinjiang, Monglians & other ethnic minorities. PRC should Free Tibet, Xinjiang & Inner Mongolia.

Pride of Vietnam

lol, Little Viet don't understand China

China is not Vietnam, just small piece of land, China is multi-ethnic, civilization based country

inner mongolia, haha..

In inner mongolia, the Han population is 80%, Mongolian population is 15%, and among these Mongolian population, 60% of them can't even speak Mongolian language, they only speak Mandarin and regard them as Chinese.

Come to visit inner Mongolia one day, Hohot and Baotou or Manzhouli, you will see how inner Mongolia looks like

@BoQ77 , you know that there are over 1 million Vietnamese in the United States, right? Your fellow expats that live here are flourishing in the United States. Very hard workers, the Vietnamese-Americans. Seeing their hard working nature, I have no doubt that Viet Nam will prosper , continue to prosper ! :)

There's no country allow such a massive crowd imgrating to their land, like what US give to South Vietnam refugees.
In my view, that's their responsible to their partners.

Not 1 million but over 2 million, went the longest way to United States,

There's no country allow such a massive crowd imgrating to their land, like what US give to South Vietnam refugees.

Not 1 million but over 2 million,

You're right, over 2 million. I stand corrected !

:)

Not 1 million but over 2 million, went the longest way to United States,

There is now even a Vietnamese-American who sits in the US Congress, a Republican, by the way. His name is Cong. Joseph Cao.

There is now even a Vietnamese-American who sits in the US Congress, a Republican, by the way. His name is Cong. Joseph Cao.

Most of Vietnamese there are for Republican.

Did you heard about Janet Nguyen ?

Interesting. :)

Who is Janet Nguyen?

In 2014, incumbent Democratic State Senator Lou Correa was term-limited, creating a vacancy. Republican leaders quickly rallied around Nguyen while the state Democratic establishment rallied around former State Assemblyman Jose Solorio. The ensuing election was the most expensive in the state, and at times featured accusations and aggressive negative advertising. The vote was expected to be close, but Nguyen won the November election by a 59% to 41% margin, surprising even her fellow Republicans. She became the first State Senator of Vietnamese ancestry in American history

Last edited:
As you know last year Republican surpassed Democrats in the fight for Senate, one of new Republican Senator is Janet Nguyen. She defeated a Democratic State Senator

In 2014, incumbent Democratic State Senator Lou Correa was term-limited, creating a vacancy. Republican leaders quickly rallied around Nguyen while the state Democratic establishment rallied around former State Assemblyman Jose Solorio. The ensuing election was the most expensive in the state, and at times featured accusations and aggressive negative advertising. The vote was expected to be close, but Nguyen won the November election by a 59% to 41% margin, surprising even her fellow Republicans. She became the first State Senator of Vietnamese ancestry in American history

1024px-111th_US_Senate_class_photo.jpg

Just an example that you can be what you want to be in the United States. Color, race, religion or creed is never a barrier...

The world hate China so much but we still get over 100 b year in fdi. China hadvthe second most tourists In 2014. These Viets hate us so much that thousands of illegal viets try to sneak into China.
Yeah the world hate us, lol.

Isn't that so? LOL. Also, China has been world's largest (ever) trading nation because of a particular hate. Sounds like a variant of Stockholm Syndrome, if we take this love/hate OP seriously.

I guess we can live with that.

If Vietnam loves America it should do what the US government wants, become a true democracy :lol:
The side effects of Agent Orange and Napalms should have caused a major political shift, what's taking it so long since Viets love American culture/freedom/politics. Why stick with Communist China as our pet?

That's amazing. Looks like not so much hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom