What's new

Why does Vietnam love America but hates China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was surprised that the Vietnamese would be more forgiving to the Americans than the Chinese who have similar culture considering what they did to them like the million deaths, agent orange and destruction resulting in a war torn nation.

LMAO with some amateur video and people start to claim that Vietnam love US but hate China, this is utterly stupid:rofl: , with only few exception of those nationalist viets but in general viets don't hate Chineses, everywhere there is a Chinatown, there is viets living with us, we are like fishes for the water, we live so naturally our live. Only in western perception that because there is some territorical issue then we're hating each other.

I can counter any video that claim Vietnam hate China wilth a ton of video simply by grabbing in youtube to show how natural we both living in peace. Personally I might be on China's side for political stande but I don't hate Vietnamese of course other than make fun of @NiceGuy :lol:

the past is the past. china the biggest threat to Vietnam as of this moment.

Remember threat = capability + intention, we have the capability but we don't have any intention to threaten Vietanmese future, in contrary when China prosper, we want Vietnam to share the prosperity. If we really want harm it, we could have cut the RED River and 1/3 of Vietamese will be in total chaos including Hanoi.

300px-Redriverasiamap.png

U.S tried to stop the NVA invasion.
imagine if the U.S and South Vietnam had won. Vietnam would be in the same class of Japan,South Korea, and Taiwan economically today.

That's illogical assesement and how you explain that China is still a communist country and be the 2nd world economical power? We asians work hard to earn our living, we don't beg US to become prosper. I don't know how many Asian people died of sweat and blood from Westerners exploitation in order to gain this economical achievement...

Last edited:
Remember threat = capability + intention, we have the capability but we don't have any intention to threaten Vietanmese future, in contrary when China prosper, we want Vietnam to share the prosperity. If we really want harm it, we could have cut the RED River and 1/3 of Vietamese will be in total chaos including Hanoi.

300px-Redriverasiamap.png

That's illogical assesement and how you explain that China is still a communist country and be the 2nd world economical power? We asians work hard to earn our living, we don't beg US to become prosper. I don't know how many Asian people died of sweat and blood from Westerners exploitation in order to gain this economical achievement...

why would you attack Vietnam after the war?? would a friend do that or someone who wants them to prosper???

and as for the second part China rise is all thanks to the U.S.

Mao Zedong was the worse thing to happen to China. you can thank Deng and Nixon for your miracle.

why would you attack Vietnam after the war?? would a friend do that or someone who wants them to prosper???

and as for the second part China rise is all thanks to the U.S. Mao Zedong was the worse thing to happen to China you can thank Deng and Nixon for your miracle.

are you talking the 1979 war? and for the second part, there is no free lunch with US. you earn money by polluting our lands, we dont have such environemental issue in Mao area.

are you talking the 1979 war? and for the second part, there is no free lunch with US. you earn money by polluting our lands, we dont have such environemental issue in Mao area.

you blame us for your pollution? i guess that's partially true, but no one is forcing China to pollute it's air,land, and water.

Vietnam China Relations is like Pak-Bangladesh Relation in PDF member at least. Bangladeshis have Strong sense of Anger for 1971 affairs towards Pakistan but they are Friendly towards Pakistan against India. Very much Same thing among Vietnamese and US in general.

As old Chinese said: " attack a stronghold is a bad strategy- win people heart is the best one " , so lets wait and see more and more support from US-JP-Russia- India-Thailand come to VN.

Keep making urself happy here, and dont cry like your fore fathers when fleeing to VN and begged for protection like during Mongol-Manchus conquest :pop:

Oh now you quote old chinese saying...LMAO, are you viets trying to earn US-JP-Russia- India-Thailand's heart just by begging cheap credit and some weapons such Brahmos, American super carriers? :disagree:

you blame us for your pollution? i guess that's partially true, but no one is forcing China to pollute it's air,land, and water.

No I don't blame anyone..that is the price we have to pay to become what we're today.

Vietnam China Relations is like Pak-Bangladesh Relation in PDF member at least. Bangladeshis have Strong sense of Anger for 1971 affairs towards Pakistan but they are Friendly towards Pakistan against India. Very much Same thing among Vietnamese and US in general.
We want a strong-united sub Mekong region (VN-Laos-Camb-Thailand-Myanmar) where sub-Mekong people can have a better lives, and only China worry that strong sub Mekong region will end up their dream to expand to the whole ASEAN region, so they try to stop us at all cost.

Its just the matter of who can keep surviving on this Earth. So, our conflict never end till one side collapse :).

We want a strong-united sub Mekong region (VN-Laos-Camb-Thailand-Myanmar) where sub-Mekong people can have a better lives, and only China worry that strong sub Mekong region will end up their dream to expand to the whole ASEAN region, so they try to stop us at all cost.

Its just the matter of who can keep surviving on this Earth. So, our conflict never end till one side collapse :).
Something very similar to Bangladeshi wants stronger SAARC Cooperation while India wants to Dominate SAARC.

Cambodia, Laos and Thailand have good Relations with China AFAIK. Vietnam can also develop good Relations with China to achieve that objective because it would bring them closer to mentioned Countries then why all this Resurgence?Is it Chinese Ambition in SCS which cause this?

Everybody loves US and hates china, so why just single out vietnam ?

I think Vietnam issue with China is related to South China Sea issue because many Islands under Vietnam Control are claimed by China as theres and this is the whole thing going on here. Chinese needs to built Stronger Relations with ASEAN Countries like Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore as well to gain a suitable leverage on their South China Sea issue. Thailand and China Relations are already good so that relations need to expand as well.

Something very similar to Bangladeshi wants stronger SAARC Cooperation while India wants to Dominate SAARC.

Cambodia, Laos and Thailand have good Relations with China AFAIK. Vietnam can also develop good Relations with China to achieve that objective because it would bring them closer to mentioned Countries then why all this Resurgence?Is it Chinese Ambition in SCS which cause this?
The problem between VN-China happened when Chairman Mao wanna flood sub Mekong region by Chinese poor peasants (pls read "Comrade B on the Plot of the Reactionary Chinese Clique Against Vietnam" that I posted in previous comment , no #33).

Laos is always on VN side and support VN against China in 1979, its great leader Kaysone Phomvihane is VNese . Camb has become pro-VN since we put Mr. Hun Sen on power in 1979. Thai gen. like Major General Surasit Thanadtang support VN against China now.

To tell the truth, SCS(east sea) issue is just an excuse for VN to increase our defence budget and restart the plan to unify sub Mekong region that was stopped by China in 1979. :)

The problem between VN-China happened when Chairman Mao wanna flood sub Mekong region by Chinese poor peasants (pls read "Comrade B on the Plot of the Reactionary Chinese Clique Against Vietnam" that I posted in previous comment , no #33).

Laos is always on VN side and support VN against China in 1979, its great leader Kaysone Phomvihane is VNese . Camb has become pro-VN since we put Mr. Hun Sen on power in 1979. Thai gen. like Major General Surasit Thanadtang support VN against China now.

To tell the truth, SCS(east sea) issue is just an excuse for VN to increase our defence budget and restart the plan to unify sub Mekong region that was stopped by China in 1979. :)

You're still dreaming of uniting sub mekong knowing that nobody left to be on your side, not Cambodia, not Laos and nor Thailand...your fantasy dream is just beyong the limits..even better than Science Fictions.

And how much defence budget you need to counter China's 140 billions defense??? if you're dreaming to set hegemony of the sub mekong, you will doom to fail like 1979 with Cambodia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom