What's new

Why does Vietnam lag so far behind China, despite similar cultures and political systems?

LOL, so I being born in Guangzhou make me a Vietnamese? :lol:

Vietnamese logic?

William Hung aka Blackflag aka Yoruzuka

your close relatives were boat people, you are included.:D

Last edited:
Sometimes I think Japanese has a little nostalgia and know a bit of Chinese history. Now I wonder maybe it is just Japanese wishful thinking instead of the real history.

It is laughable about what you said of Zhou state. It is all their own fault to lose power and influence to many states whose dominance preceded that of Qin. The state of `Duke' of Zhou was reduced to pathetic insignificance not long after they relocated to Luoyang. By the time to the mid of Eastern Zhou era, all the Zhou Dukes can to is compliment on some regional lords on their victorious battle some other local lords, or hand out `authentic' ritual items. -- Qin was just the last one who actually did it.

Yet the Qin had guile, and formed crafty alliances to counter the power of Zhou. That is why the great city of Chengzhou , the capital of Zhou was sacked and burned to the ground. And the Qin Shi Huang Di had killed the King Hui of Zhou on while sitting on the golden throne of Zhou.

Martian, thanks for posting.

I wonder if you bother reading the content? It isn't generous as you claim. It is a reciprocal arrangement. China also gives 10 years to US citizens. And as the agreement says it: the extension of visa duration does not equal the duration of allowed stay in the country. In short, the visa is valid for 10 years, but the country authority decides case by case at the border if you can stay for 2 weeks for holiday or 4 years for your Master study. Or even reject to let you enter the country. Of course it doesn't mean you have a residency rights for 10 years.

As far as I know Vietnam is working on similar reciprocal arrangement with the United States.

As for your comparison to a certain country, I can't hinder you to believe to any bullshit you like.
Is there something like this between US and Vietnam?

your close relatives were boat people, you are included.:D
I cannot imagine what these boat people went through due to VCP's genocidal policies against Chinese in Vietnam. Maybe you are happy about it? :pop:

Just like I am happy when I watch Youtube Johnson Reef 1988 :dirol:

I cannot imagine what these boat people went through due to VCP's genocidal policies against Chinese in Vietnam. Maybe you are happy about it? :pop:

We did Genocide hence you revenged? As for your massacre to our people in the SC Sea islands, I bet when seeing the dead bodies of Viet sailors you pull down your pant holding the little jlaw and masturbate. Good time, isn't it? I wonder you and other chinese clowns do it everyday or just once a week?

No it was not our genocide or as massacre as you ever call it, it was just seeing ethnic returning to chinese paradise or fleeing overseas. But you don't mind seeing your ally the Red Khmer killed ethnic chinese like parasites. We might have made a mistake when saving the lives of chinese in Cambodia.

Last edited:
We did Genocide hence you revenged? As for your massacre to our people in the SC Sea islands, I bet when seeing the dead bodies of Viet sailors you pull down your pant holding the little jlaw and masturbate. Good time, isn't it? I wonder you and other chinese clowns do it everyday or just once a week?

No it was not our genocide or as massacre as you ever call it, it was just seeing ethnic returning to chinese paradise or fleeing overseas. But you don't mind seeing your ally the Red Khmer killed ethnic chinese like parasites. We might have made a mistake when saving the lives of chinese in Cambodia.

I heard stories of Vietnamese confiscating Chinese properties who were living in Vietnam for generations. At the same time trying to force the local Chinese to join the VC to fight US. How that turn out? LOL.
No fool would fight for a country who hate them and expect them to fight.

I heard stories of Vietnamese confiscating Chinese properties who were living in Vietnam for generations. At the same time trying to force the local Chinese to join the VC to fight US. How that turn out? LOL.
No fool would fight for a country who hate them and expect them to fight.
the Hoa enjoyed a privilege that other local Viets did not: they were exempted from military service, you fool.

Hua Chinese is big liar, ungrateful people.

No Hua Chinese was killed after 1975. Hua Chinese loved uncle Sam's money so you went out from Vietnam illegally with boats to Thailand and other south east Asean countries. You are cried to UNHCR and lied labout Viets like small kids, to get mercy and permission to go to USA and Canada.:smokin:

South Johnson reef massacre 1988 is evidence proofs for that China robbed our Spratly reefs with force, This action on our Islands of Chinese aggressor is illegal.:angry:

Well for starters environment influences culture and Vietnam is a tropical country whereas China is not.
For instance, lemongrass and limes (and other tropical fruits, herbs and spices) are considered exotic and foreign in China, but are native to Vietnam. Yes I am aware that Hanoi (located in North Vietnam) has a more subtropical climate which matches that of other Chinese cities in that same latitude, but compared to somewhere in the heart of China like Xi'an, Luoyang, Kaifeng then the cultures are not that alike.

If you go on google street view and search Hanoi and compare it to say, Beijing, the Vietnamese streets look distinctively "Southeast Asian", but it's a certain je ne sais quoi. I don't think it's an issue of development, it's the aesthetic which I cannot pinpoint.

Back
Top Bottom