What's new

Why does our Navy fail so horribly?

I think considering the restraints and parameters the navy has had to work within in the last 5 years it has done exceptionally well. It is responsible with the joint efforts of the army and air force in protecting our shores. To suggest our navy fails is wrong and a statement that should be retracted. Considering the budget and unilateral support it has - it should be commended.

Because we have never thought of ourselves as a nation of sailors
sailor.gif

the indian arsenal is going to grown in the coming decade

Yep, by 2025 the IN will be almost double the current size but about 4-6 times deadlier with technological advances (the Kolkata class destroyers for example are one of the finest destroyer classes ever built ANYWHERE). The IN aviation arm is also set to grow by 4-5 times it's current size by 2025 (again a disproportional increase in deadlines will also be faced with 4.5/5 gen fighters being inducted and stat of the art MMPA like P-8I).

@topic, I'd say, to a high degree, this is due to the army-centric mindset in the military not to mention the PA controls immense resources within Pakistan far disproportional to the other arms with PA generals holding significant power in politics and land ownership within Pakistan.

i can assure you gentlemen that at any point, eyes and ears are open. PN will not allow the power balance to be overtly disturbed. For every action, there would be opposite and ''minimally proportional -as required'' reaction.

they wont just sit idly...yes it's true that the neighbour country's navy is expanding rapidly --certainly beyond its requirements. It would be viewed and treated as troublesome.

i can assure you gentlemen that at any point, eyes and ears are open. PN will not allow the power balance to be overtly disturbed. For every action, there would be opposite and ''minimally proportional -as required'' reaction.

they wont just sit idly...yes it's true that the neighbour country's navy is expanding rapidly --certainly beyond its requirements. It would be viewed and treated as troublesome.

Now, India gets it's 'requirement reports' from Islamabad/PA?

no we get india navy's procurement plans, reports etc. before even officers in your navy see them

this is not our job or responsibility; you guys could decide what path

The IN has to flex far more beyond its current size we need to add more destroyers and subs at any given point of time we should be having 4 ACBGs 3 in active duty while 1 in reserve we need more nuclear sub waiting to hunt deep under indian ocean our navy aviation wing should have some 80-100 4.5 gen aircrafts And not forget some more p8i

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Till 2020-25

Pakistan Navy does not exist-

we all know in case of a war- All the frigates and destroyers will be docked to save them-
Just like we did with our airforce in 71- and 99-

The problem with minimum deterrence policy is- it will not work in case of Navy- simple as that-
Instead of offensive we would be busy trying to evade the blockade-

Yeah I agree 100!
I think PN should have a fleet like this:
11 SSKs: 3 Agosta-90Bs+ 9 Qing Class
3 SSBNs: Chinese ones being jointly developed
16 Frigates: Type-54 Models(A,B&C)
11 Corvettes: Chinese ones
7 Auxiliary Tankers and Logistics
11 FACs

WHAT ABOUT THE PAKISTANI "Destroyer"? aren't you forgetting it?

as i said earlier, we are expanding on our surface fleet

the F-22Ps were a welcome addition; as are OHP-class frigates --a good deal which we got for nickel and dimes

Back
Top Bottom