What's new

Why does our Navy fail so horribly?

Does the PN have any plans to induct a destroyer at any point? Even relatively small nations have such vessles and with neighboring IN stockpiling incredibly advanced versions of such vessels, not to mention advanced frigates which would be classified as destroyers in most navies, surely this is a pressing gap needing to be filled.

:woot: please tell me you are NOT SERIOUS!! you are trying to imply that a whole navy fleet can be destroyed by suicide bombers! if it was not possible in world war when no one had BVR capability nor any heat seeking missiles! you believe it is possible in modern age? secondly even if a sucidie bomber gets close enough it surely is not carrying nukes to take out a whole NAVY!

you guys have grossly underestimated the power of asymmetric warfare. for eg. the PLAN is peanuts compared to the US navy, but with all the anti ship missiles and subs and all the sea denial assets they have, will US go up against them? nope

^^^
Et tu, Joe? :undecided:

:lol:

How can I be on an undiluted diet of Subramanian the Suberior and not crack up? Not to mention the other c*nts on that thread.

Lol,even the ice melts at last.

Cut me some slack, chief. I've just been hectored by a Bangladeshi who insists that Sher Shah was a Bengali.

:lol: not Tom Clancy material but interesting! but i hope Wright didn't think we are living in 1912!

I need air! Not water! I'm drowning in ****! You don't know where I've been all afternoon, and what's been done to me! :girl_wacko:

During 1971 Indo-Pak war, the burden of Pakistan Navy's offensive effort hinged on the small but effective submarine force. PN Submarine HANGOR sailed in the early hours of 22 November 1971 to patrol off the Indian Kathiawar coast under the command of Commander Ahmed Tasnim S.J.

On 9 Dec, in an effort to locate the evasive enemy, HANGOR extended her patrol northward to investigate some radio transmissions intercepted on her sensors. Two contacts were picked up on passive sonar and were identified as warships. The initial range was 6 to 8 miles. A pursuit of the enemy began but the first attempt to attack these ships failed due to speed disadvantage. The submarine however managed to forecast target ships movement and succeeded in taking up a tactically advantageous position on the path of the patrolling frigates by 1900. At 1957 the submarine fired a down the throat shot with a homing torpedo at the northerly ship from a depth of 40 meters.

The torpedo was tracked but no explosion was heard. The second torpedo was therefore fired immediately on the incomming southerly ship and this was followed by a tremendous explosion. The torpedo had found its mark. The other enemy frigate came straight for the submarine when a third torpedo was fired. A distant explosion was heard subsequently and the submarine turned west towards deeper waters for evasion.

In this spectacular action, INS KHUKRI, the ship of the Squadron Commander of Indian 14th Frigate Sqn was sunk within two minutes after receiving a hit in the magazine where explosives were held. 18 Officers and 176 sailors including the Commanding Officer lost their lives. This came as a shattering blow to the Indian Navy. HANGOR’s action demonstrated Pakistan Navy's tactical superiority in sub-surface warfare and after the war even the BBC commentators praised Pakistan Naval effort. Considering the shape, size and age of the ships at its command, they said that the Pakistan Navy had acquitted itself well against the Indian Navy

you guys have grossly underestimated the power of asymmetric warfare. for eg. the PLAN is peanuts compared to the US navy, but with all the anti ship missiles and subs and all the sea denial assets they have, will US go up against them? nope
US have war-gamed against China. Do not assume that US is not prepared for PLAN.

The americans make no compromises when it comes to naval dominance.In case u are unaware all air defence destroyers and cruisers are being currently refitted with a newer version of the aegis designed specifically to defeat and kill ballistic missiles in salvos like the DF-21.This was begun after concerns in the pentagon against this chinese capability.So don't assume its going to be a turkey shoot.

Why are you interfering? Let them do what they want. They're a free country, and don't need this kind of defeatist statement from a foreigner like you.

Your intervention is really unhelpful. The discussion was going fine until then.

A defeatist statement from a foreigner like me? A bit rash don't you think? I think you're clearly forgetting this is a public forum, i'm not stopping them, but pointing out the obvious.

The americans make no compromises when it comes to naval dominance.In case u are unaware all air defence destroyers and cruisers are being currently refitted with a newer version of the aegis designed specifically to defeat and kill ballistic missiles in salvos like the DF-21.This was begun after concerns in the pentagon against this chinese capability.So don't assume its going to be a turkey shoot.

Can a US aircraft carrier stop an Iranian flying stealth boat?

Can a US aircraft carrier stop an Iranian flying stealth boat?

Sure, why not? You don't think SARH missiles like ESSM and CIWS like Phalanx could stop such a target? Just consider that a typical SSM missile body is what 40cm in diameter. UK Sea Wolf can nab a 4.5" inch gun shell. Phalanx killed mortar rounds. That's how small a target they can deal with.

This WIG is small (i.e. not a lot of armament) but not that small and neither invisible nor invincible.

iranboatplanecomp460ace.jpg

A defeatist statement from a foreigner like me? A bit rash don't you think? I think you're clearly forgetting this is a public forum, i'm not stopping them, but pointing out the obvious.

<groan>

I was joking. As in, let them keep buying and bust their budgets.

Next time I will festoon my post with a suitable number of smileys (8 are allowed).

<groan>

I was joking. As in, let them keep buying and bust their budgets.

Next time I will festoon my post with a suitable number of smileys (8 are allowed).

I dunno why but whenever I read your nick 'Joe Pesci' comes to mind ! Followed by George Carlin and his 'Religion is BS' stand-up comedy gig !

I dunno why but whenever I read your nick 'Joe Pesci' comes to mind ! Followed by George Carlin and his 'Religion is BS' stand-up comedy gig !

I picked up my nick from the Major General who founded the world's first polo club at Silchar. :cheers:

Sir,

I very much doubt that you know the capabilities of the united states navy----just to give you an example---2 to 3 sea wolf class submarines would completely destroy the chinese submarine fleet a big chunk of industrial base of china and will be long gone before the chinese know what happened.

Modern navies are too big and bulky to be of any real use. They are sitting ducks that can be taken out by suicide bombers easily.

Mister ADMINITRATORS / WEBMASTER,

What is it now----is 'idiot' a new category created to be a member on this board----. Is this board now going to be run as pakistan is being run---.

I was wondering what Joe Shearer was saying as I joined this thread from the last page backward---.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom