What's new

Why does our Navy fail so horribly?

As far as corruption and fratricide fightings in the Muslim world are concerned, it looks like a contagious disease left by the colonialists while taking the remedy from Islam themselves.
It is about time to awake to this fact, and the Arab spring is only the beginning, what will follow is the islamic awakening. ICA

For the US waging these wars for the natural resources of the middle east, I think other reasons might exist which are far deeper and more dangerous, since Canada alone can provide most of it, unless Canadian oil and other natural resources are considered part of the US strategic reserve, and than it looks more dangerous to the middle east in particular.
So it might be a religious agenda hidden behind economy and politics, for these reasons, one has to be prudent; it is not the first time in history that the Christian church along some Zionist entities have waged wars under false flags or in deceitful manners to control the world, the best recent more evident examples are the last two world wars, without talking about colonialism just prior to that, doesn't it ring a bell that just as the colonialism era was ending , the two WWs started, examples abound in this regard.
To sum it up, one has to see the bigger picture to have a wider understanding of geopolitics and hidden agendas.

Yeah I agree 100!
I think PN should have a fleet like this:
11 SSKs: 3 Agosta-90Bs+ 9 Qing Class
3 SSBNs: Chinese ones being jointly developed
16 Frigates: Type-54 Models(A,B&C)
11 Corvettes: Chinese ones
7 Auxiliary Tankers and Logistics
11 FACs

Why would China need you to jointly develop a SSBN? They've proven themselves capable of indigenously developing them. You can't provide China with technology it already doesn't have. Better yet, why do you need a SSBN? One of the previous posts already mentions that you're land based missiles could cover India up quite well. You may argue that India is jointly developing projects with Russia such as the FGFA/Pak Fa, but India's obviously providing half the budget for the project. I don't think Pakistan could provide half a budget for developing a SSBN, which the entire project would be more than half of Pakistans yearly budget. Stop trying to sink an economic hole in you're country and realize that it can't keep up, or provide the things that you expect. It'll play it out economically and tactically. Don't expect or degrade yourself there's no need for the PN to have an SSBN, it's totally out of the question.

Navy too played a crucial role in Kargil operations

KOCHI, JULY 30: True to the Indian naval traditions, the country's naval wing also played a significant role in the Kargil crisis, in close co-ordination with the Army and Air Force, according to Admiral Sushil Kumar, the Chief of Naval Staff.

In the first official press briefing by him after the Kargil operations, the naval chief said here today that though not yet much publisized, the Indian Navy's assertive posture in the north-western sector of the Arabian Sea closing in on the Karachi port right on time had its own supportive effect on the joint operations of the country's three forces in Kargil and the early end to the crisis.

Sushil Kumar said starting from just taking precautionary measures ever since the armed intrusion into Kargil was known, the Indian Navy succeeded in sending continuous and clear warning signals to the opponent that India was more than prepared to face any eventualities at the sea and could at any moment even chop off Pakistan's lifeline itself by effecting a blocakade of theKarachi port which he described as the `soft underbelly' of the opponent.Sushil Kukar said as it became clearly evident that it was nothing but a well-planned armed intrusion by Pakistan in Kargil, the Indian Navy wasted no time in deploying its force including its strike force ready for action in the north-western sector of the Arabian Sea close enough to the Karachi port so as to prevent a possible misadventure at the sea by the opponent.

He said the Eastern Naval Fleet which was on a routine exercise at the Bay of Bengal was asked to join the Western Command in the emergency operation adding that the purpose was primarily to show the opponent that India was well prepared and caution Pakistan not to attempt anything at sea.

The admiral said in case there arose an actual war situation the Indian Navy was fully competent and well prepared for the same with a definite edge over the Pakistan Navy. "We could have easily organised a blocakde of the entire north-western sea coast crippling the Karachiport, the only major port of the opponent and on which its entire international trade and supply of oil are dependent,'' he added.

a similar deployment had forced the Pakistan Navy to stay close to its harbours and hastened the end of the eleven-week Kargil intrusion in 1999. The Indian Navy had forward deployed frigates, destroyers and submarines within striking range of Karachi harbour, through which more than 90% of Pakistan's trade, including oil supplies, are received. This display of force was aimed at challenging Pakistan to vacate the Indian territory in the Kargil sector in North India. The build up was also aimed at imposing a naval blockade of Karachi port.

The Indian fleet conducted offensive manoeuvres in the Arabian Sea resulting in the Pakistan naval fleet sticking very close to its coast. Pakistan had interpreted the initiatives to mean that the Indian Navy was preparing to enforce a quarantine or blockade of Karachi and prevent the supply of oil from the Persian Gulf. Naval planners in Islamabad have remained preoccupied with the Indian threat of a naval blockade of Pakistan's seaports. As a matter of fact, the threat of a naval blockade finds a prominent place in the Pakistan Navy's strategic thinking and tactical plans. This is primarily due to past experiences during the 1965 and 1971 India-Pakistan wars. Islamabad was not keen to open another front for itself against the Indian military and chose to withdraw from Kargil.

Does the PN have any plans to induct a destroyer at any point? Even relatively small nations have such vessles and with neighboring IN stockpiling incredibly advanced versions of such vessels, not to mention advanced frigates which would be classified as destroyers in most navies, surely this is a pressing gap needing to be filled.

The best ship in pakistan navy is zulfiquar frigate.........
i think pakistan doesn t have any plans for destroyer:whistle:

scaled.php

[... the thread, of course |-]]

Well why do you want it to die there had been some good discussion out here including think tanks mods and alot of premium and senior members

Why would China need you to jointly develop a SSBN? They've proven themselves capable of indigenously developing them. You can't provide China with technology it already doesn't have. Better yet, why do you need a SSBN? One of the previous posts already mentions that you're land based missiles could cover India up quite well. You may argue that India is jointly developing projects with Russia such as the FGFA/Pak Fa, but India's obviously providing half the budget for the project. I don't think Pakistan could provide half a budget for developing a SSBN, which the entire project would be more than half of Pakistans yearly budget. Stop trying to sink an economic hole in you're country and realize that it can't keep up, or provide the things that you expect. It'll play it out economically and tactically. Don't expect or degrade yourself there's no need for the PN to have an SSBN, it's totally out of the question.

Why are you interfering? Let them do what they want. They're a free country, and don't need this kind of defeatist statement from a foreigner like you.

Your intervention is really unhelpful. The discussion was going fine until then.

Modern navies are too big and bulky to be of any real use. They are sitting ducks that can be taken out by suicide bombers easily.

:woot: please tell me you are NOT SERIOUS!! you are trying to imply that a whole navy fleet can be destroyed by suicide bombers! if it was not possible in world war when no one had BVR capability nor any heat seeking missiles! you believe it is possible in modern age? secondly even if a sucidie bomber gets close enough it surely is not carrying nukes to take out a whole NAVY!

Gentlemen, let us not lose our cool. There is a SOLUTION.

Step 1: Identify and designate a hostile neighbour. It should be one which can be beaten. Tunb Island would be ideal, but practical reality may - MAY - dictate selecting another. Suggestion: Ras al Khaimah.

Step 2: Count the number of planes, including old and decommissioned planes, in the hostile neighbour's service.

Step 3: Buy surface vessels to the number of hostile neighbour's planes + 1.

Step 4: Live happily ever after (proposed background music - Life on the Ocean Wave.

Step 5: Will never happen, as hostile neighbours, those RaK crumbs will crap into their dhotis and run for their lives on seeing what you have done: assign one surface vessel to each suicide plane. Once they have all burnt up, SAIL YOUR LAST REMAINING SURFACE VESSEL PROUDLY ACROSS THE ARABIAN SEA AND DEVASTATE - I MEAN , REALLY CLEAN UP!!!

Gosh, I make a pretty keen fanboy, if I say so myself.

Gentlemen, let us not lose our cool. There is a SOLUTION.

Step 1: Identify and designate a hostile neighbour. It should be one which can be beaten. Tunb Island would be ideal, but practical reality may - MAY - dictate selecting another. Suggestion: Ras al Khaimah.

Step 2: Count the number of planes, including old and decommissioned planes, in the hostile neighbour's service.

Step 3: Buy surface vessels to the number of hostile neighbour's planes + 1.

Step 4: Live happily ever after (proposed background music - Life on the Ocean Wave.

Step 5: Will never happen, as hostile neighbours, those RaK crumbs will crap into their dhotis and run for their lives on seeing what you have done: assign one surface vessel to each suicide plane. Once they have all burnt up, SAIL YOUR LAST REMAINING SURFACE VESSEL PROUDLY ACROSS THE ARABIAN SEA AND DEVASTATE - I MEAN , REALLY CLEAN UP!!!

Gosh, I make a pretty keen fanboy, if I say so myself.

:lol: not Tom Clancy material but interesting! but i hope Wright didn't think we are living in 1912!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom