What's new

Why did the UAE cancel the $23 billion F-35 deal with the United States? A former ambassador explains

Now my words cone true. F-16 dropped. Indonesia never trust the american. They buy rafale, no more F-16. Even Pakistanis stop seeking more F-16, they buy J-10CE.
No

Pakistan would still accept more F-16s if it could, especially Viper model

This is like saying.. average American don’t see incentives to go through such rigors, when they have access to easy life style.. Arabs today are not by any mean the same as the old lazy ones who have gotten rich for the first time..
This is also true. Majority is contended with beer and whatever girl they find to get laid. Majority would not bothered to Pursue STEM degree. But those that actually do go for degree, pickup loans to study, Work hard because their survival and repayment of loan depends on their hard work. They make sure they are qualified and marketable to employers.

On the other hand, Saudi’s I met here, are on everything paid by the govt. When they graduate, job is waiting for them at home. I would assume, they are better than average Saudi that didn’t get the visa or govt scholarship. Nothing wrong in it, but don’t expect average to leave life of relative easy to embark on years long struggle for answers. Unless someone is naturally curious.

This is also true. Majority is contended with beer and whatever girl they find to get laid. Majority would not bothered to Pursue STEM degree. But those that actually do go for degree, pickup loans to study, Work hard because their survival and repayment of loan depends on their hard work. They make sure they are qualified and marketable to employers.

On the other hand, Saudi’s I met here, are on everything paid by the govt. When they graduate, job is waiting for them at home. I would assume, they are better than average Saudi that didn’t get the visa or govt scholarship. Nothing wrong in it, but don’t expect average to leave life of relative easy to embark on years long struggle for answers. Unless someone is naturally curious.
No my friend there are 10s of thousands if Saudi graduates still looking for work.. don't tell me they have a guaranteed job after graduating..

This is like saying.. average American don’t see incentives to go through such rigors, when they have access to easy life style.. Arabs today are not by any mean the same as the old lazy ones who have gotten rich for the first time..
Today's arabs are pathetic. No morals. No values and no pride. Slaves .

I am sad because arabs were once a great people

The USA is foolish for prioritizing Israel over ties with the Arabs. Israel has no strategic value and not critical to protecting the USA homeland. Why the USA bends over for it....I don't understand?:crazy:

The USA is foolish for prioritizing Israel over ties with the Arabs. Israel has no strategic value and not critical to protecting the USA homeland. Why the USA bends over for it....I don't understand?:crazy:
It is the best military base of the US and NATO in the middle East .. as they see it.. in fact they have implanted it there and built it to their specs..

No my friend there are 10s of thousands if Saudi graduates still looking for work.. don't tell me they have a guaranteed job after graduating..
Sure they do, 28,000 female applicants for 30 train driver spots. We are talking about R&D, Saudi with STEM degree from a western university.

No

Pakistan would still accept more F-16s if it could, especially Viper model
Unlikely, USA now can say yes, next moment, they can say no again. Nobody want to deal with this kind of unstable supplier.

A very big reason why the decision is make for J-10.

Sure they do, 28,000 female applicants for 30 train driver spots. We are talking about R&D, Saudi with STEM degree from a western university.
We are talking about male graduates too..No country will let a brilliant Phd holder without a job..

That’s their holy land. Their Macca & Medina so to speak.

Who do you think will provide US best intelligence on threats emanating from Arabian peninsula? Fellow Arabs!

That’s their holy land. Their Macca & Medina so to speak.

Who do you think will provide US best intelligence on threats emanating from Arabian peninsula? Fellow Arabs!
USA is a secular country and should not make foreign policy based on religious views. If USA policy makers are not pragmatic then they can only blame themselves for decline.

It is the best military base of the US and NATO in the middle East .. as they see it.. in fact they have implanted it there and built it to their specs..
Israel is an apartheid nation with little in common with the USA style democracy. Arab countries are far more strategically important on the global chess board. Israel is not a meaningful military base for USA ops in the MENA.

One can argue that KSA's support for the petro-dollar, China's tilt toward the USA (after the Nixon visit), and Pakistan's draining of the USSR in Afghanistan were all critical for the USA to winning cold war one. All these countries are now villainized in America. Discarded after their perceived usefulness was up.

It should not be a surprise if Europe, MENA, most of Asia, Africa, and Latin America remain neutral in cold war two.

Idiotic USA think tanks are now obsessed with building a team of scrubs for cold war two. :o: :o: :o: :o: Israel (a country fighting over less and less territory ever day), India (a country were a third of its citizens don't have toilets), Japan (a country that's population decline is so rapid it could be extinct in a few decades), and the Anglo remnants UK, Australia (probably the must useful of the bunch).

Unless some major changes happen in strategic thinking, I am not very optimistic for USA chances in cold war 2. :hitwall:

USA is a secular country and should not make foreign policy based on religious views. If USA policy makers are not pragmatic then they can only blame themselves for decline.

Israel is an apartheid nation with little in common with the USA style democracy. Arab countries are far more strategically important on the global chess board. Israel is not a meaningful military base for USA ops in the MENA.

One can argue that KSA's support for the petro-dollar, China's tilt toward the USA (after the Nixon visit), and Pakistan's draining of the USSR in Afghanistan were all critical for the USA to winning cold war one. All these countries are now villainized in America. Discarded after their perceived usefulness was up.

It should not be a surprise if Europe, MENA, most of Asia, Africa, and Latin America remain neutral in cold war two.

Idiotic USA think tanks are now obsessed with building a team of scrubs for cold war two. :o: :o: :o: :o: Israel (a country fighting over less and less territory ever day), India (a country were a third of its citizens don't have toilets), Japan (a country that's population decline is so rapid it could be extinct in a few decades), and the Anglo remnants UK, Australia (probably the must useful of the bunch).

Unless some major changes happen in strategic thinking, I am not very optimistic for USA chances in cold war 2. :hitwall:
Usrael is a Western implant in the ME..This represents its importance to the the Werstern powers in the ME.. nothing more and nothing less.. It is another way of trying to control the Arabs and the region at a whole including Iran..

Not only Israel, USA has tier one partners, like Israel in Middle East, many in West Europe, and for South East Asia they are Singapore and Australia. This is why Singapore and Australia can buy F35 while Indonesia cant.

Similar like happening in 1990's, Indonesia F 16 during that time is not allowed to have AMRAAM while Singapore F 16 can have AMRAAM

How many combat aircraft has Indonesia purchased from USA or the West ?

Not only Israel, USA has tier one partners, like Israel in Middle East, many in West Europe, and for South East Asia they are Singapore and Australia. This is why Singapore and Australia can buy F35 while Indonesia cant.

Similar like happening in 1990's, Indonesia F 16 during that time is not allowed to have AMRAAM while Singapore F 16 can have AMRAAM

If that is the case, then it was foolish to cancel Russian deals and go for American F-15IDs. This will only make you more dependent. Instead, you guys should have boosted your Su-35 and Rafale fleets. Sure, the CAATSA would have hit you, but you could have sold off the F-16s in retaliation and canceled the Boeing B-737 deal of Lion Air Group of over 500 airplanes.

This is the reason why the Egyptians went for Rafales and Su-35s; their F-16s do not have BVRAAM capability and are sitting ducks against the other regional countries, like Ethiopian Sukhois or Sudanese MiG-29s, that have no restrictions on weapons packages.

From some of the conditions of the Emirates, for the F-35 deal:

- Transferring some of its technologies
- integrating Emirati munitions
- A special advanced version for the Emirates
- Completely maintaining it inside the country

Any decision to reduce its stealth technology or remove some of its technology will void the deal..

View attachment 802247

Not happening; the F-35 has been selling like hotcakes to everyone. Poland, Finland, Belgium, and Singapore are the latest additions. Then there is of course Japan, and now Germany is considering getting them as well. In fact, if anything, the Americans might refuse to upgrade the UAEAF's F-16 Block 70s as a pressure tactic.

Voters, military and their elected politicians aren’t. India is also a secular country on paper. Doesn’t mean people living there are also secular.

Back
Top Bottom