What's new

Why are germans so anti Turk..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdi-Karim Elmi

Reaction score
Why do germans have different attitute to Turks then British or American does

I think its the legacy of reunification when Germans started blaming Turks and others for taking away the jobs.

They need to hate someone. First it was Jews, now its Turks. :enjoy:

Has nothing to do with re unification...I lived in Germany well before...and the prejudice existed then. People tend to be prejudiced against something that they are familiar with (don't believe the propoganda that they are prejudiced against what they don't know). There were lots of Turkish "guest workers" when I lived there (70's), and they took the grunt jobs (like Mexicans in the US). We don't have that in the US, hence the different attitude (much like Germans aren't as predjudiced against Blacks or Mexicans as many Americans...not so many around...)

They don't hate while stuffing themselves with their Doner :D

I don't think there is that much hate among them, at least what I heard from the Turks from Germany, Turk-German marriages also oftenly happens, I have a friend with German father and Turkish mother, they were happy, but of course there is always racists too.

You're generalizing. Every country has racist people and non-racist people.

Has nothing to do with re unification...I lived in Germany well before...and the prejudice existed then. People tend to be prejudiced against something that they are familiar with (don't believe the propoganda that they are prejudiced against what they don't know). There were lots of Turkish "guest workers" when I lived there (70's), and they took the grunt jobs (like Mexicans in the US). We don't have that in the US, hence the different attitude (much like Germans aren't as predjudiced against Blacks or Mexicans as many Americans...not so many around...)

I read about lots of tensions in 90s against guest workers in Germany.

Well, judging by most of the European Turks in this forum, Germans are right. I would hate them too :)

I read about lots of tensions in 90s against guest workers in Germany.
I'm sure there was...but they where always looked down on by some segments...add the East Germans to the mix...

They don't hate while stuffing themselves with their Doner :D

I don't think there is that much hate among them, at least what I heard from the Turks from Germany, Turk-German marriages also oftenly happens, I have a friend with German father and Turkish mother, they were happy, but of course there is always racists too.

I think its the people from the eastern regions that cause a bad impression on the average european.

Couple of reasons:

1) Turks don't integrate that well in Germany. Difficulties with education and work.
2) Turks are relatively speaking overrepresented in criminal statistics.
3) Friction between different cultures.
4) Racism.

Couple of reasons:

1) Turks don't integrate that well in Germany. Difficulties with education and work.
2) Turks are relatively speaking overrepresented in criminal statistics.
3) Friction between different cultures.
4) Racism.

Could you provide any reliable article or statics for that?

And by racism, what do you mean? Towards who?

They need to hate someone. First it was Jews, now its Turks. :enjoy:

You indians are so luck. Tucked away in the pacific and the south asian regions simply mind your own business. In turkey we deal with narrow minded arabs, racist persians, attacks from the far right in the EU. If India swapped Turkeys geographical position would you do so? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom