beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Chinese carmakers are years ahead of German companies, says monitor​

Story by DPA • Oct.29 2023

AA1j1Hkz.img

Ferdinand Dudenhoeffer, founder of the Center Automotive Research, speaks to journalists. The economist was on a trip to China for several days and saw a big Chinese lead over German carmakers. Johannes Neudecker/dpa© DPA

Chinese carmakers are years ahead of their German counterparts, according to industry expert Ferdinand Dudenhöffer.

Brands should work together to address this shortfall, he said. "I think cooperating makes a lot of sense, because if we don't, we will lose an infinite amount of time," he told dpa.

China is 10 years ahead of Germany when it comes to autonomous driving and voice control of cars, for example, he said.

The reputation of Chinese car brands in Europe is also changing, according to Dudenhöffer. "If they have innovations, have good quality, have things that others don't have, then that is what people will buy," he said.

As Chinese brands hit the European market, the European Commission launched an investigation into Chinese subsidies for e-cars earlier this month, concerned about competitive advantages for China's producers that may be distorting the market.

Dudenhöffer called the commission's probe "the worst thing you can do," saying any Chinese counter-reaction, such as new import duties, would inflict major damage on the German car industry.

Meanwhile on the question of which Chinese brands are likely to survive in the European market, Dudenhöffer predicted BYD would stay.

Smaller brands such as Xpeng, which cooperates with Volkswagen, and Leapmotor, in which Stellantis recently acquired a stake, have already entered into alliances, he noted.

Other brands like Geely and China's first private manufacturer Great Wall Motor will need economies of scale, he said.

Dudenhöffer said he thought it was unlikely that Chinese e-car brands would open production sites in Germany, saying they would probably pick other European countries instead. In Germany, energy costs are high compared to Poland, Hungary and Spain, he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/oth...s-monitor/ar-AA1j1QlN?fullscreen=true#image=2

Not even a close match for the Porsche 911 Turbo S

You should write an article and have it published to refute him.

Well right now I'm currently writing an article on the inner workings of Starfleet command

And the 911 Turbo S isn't just some ordinary car. It's essentially a rocket ship on wheels

Do you know what a Porsche 911 Turbo is?

Well right now I'm currently writing an article on the inner workings of Starfleet command

And the 911 Turbo S isn't just some ordinary car. It's essentially a rocket ship on wheels

Do you know what a Porsche 911 Turbo is?
loL, I always know you are better than that Ferdinand Dudenhoeffer, wish to see your publication soon.

It is, just look at what happened to VW software unit. They have no clue how to respond.

You should write an article and have it published to refute him.
The prof is right. Germany is years behind Tesla and Chinese carmakers in respect to lithium battery development and driving computer. I am not surprised about that.

However the prof is not right in saying brands should work together. That’s fantasy. Today the market is a jungle every carmaker trying to kill other makers. only the fittest will survive.

audi great german car. very strong reliable. but cheap alternators made from crap metal always cracks unless you get a good one.

audi great german car. very strong reliable. but cheap alternators made from crap metal always cracks unless you get a good one.

German car reliability rating is falling.

Audi is at 28th of 32.

Japanese Lexus is the best.

German car reliability rating is falling.

Audi is at 28th of 32.

Japanese Lexus is the best.
yeah but japanese cost more, i want new lexus but it all bout money. There is beautiful car called lexus lfa but this cost way over my budget but it is one of best sports car made.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom