What's new

Why are Baloch and Brahui considered the same people?

I'm aware of that, they seem get along very well with Sindhis though. I've heard Baloch nationalists even claim that Dera Ghazi Khan and Jacobad and other south Punjabi cities as part of Balochistan. I don't think they will succeed because Saraiki Baloch are pretty integrated and I think they identify as Pakistani first much like Saraiki Pashtuns.

Some districts of south punjab are seraiki baloch dominated but as I said baloch nationalist parties don't care about language. They have near 0 chance of winning any seat in south punjab but my point was they don't mind trying. Though in Sindh where baloch are much more in numbers, they don't go there because dynamics are completely different. There sindh baloch are in to sindhi nationalism.

ANP on the other hand are pashto nationalists instead of ethnic pashtun . They don't have much of choice because otherwise they will alienate good part of pashto speakers who are not really pashtuns. They don't care about Mianwali pashtuns or other ethnic pashtuns who no longer speak pashto like in hazara division. I remember ANP Karachi leader who's syed and by default not pashtun. He used to make fun of Imran Khan for being fake pathan on tv channels even though IK is ethnic Niazi pashtun but not pashto speaker.

Last edited:
The Brahui connection with Dravidian's is just a myth peddled by indian's in their attempt to forward the hyopthesis that IVC was Dravidian and Brahui are the trace element left of those times. They are most similar to Baloch. Here below is genetic proof.

Brahui.png

The Brahui connection with Dravidian's is just a myth peddled by indian's in their attempt to forward the hyopthesis that IVC was Dravidian and Brahui are the trace element left of those times. They are most similar to Baloch. Here below is genetic proof.

Brahui.png
But linguistically they are in fact Dravidians, they're language is classified that because of the similarities and how it's so different from Balochi and the Indo-Aryan languages spoken nearby. If Brahuis aren't Dravidian then what language family do they belong in?

Some districts of south punjab are seraiki baloch dominated but as I said baloch nationalist parties don't care about language. They have near 0 chance of winning any seat in south punjab but my point was they don't mind trying. Though in Sindh where baloch are much more in numbers, they don't go there because dynamics are completely different. There sindh baloch are in to sindhi nationalism.

ANP on the other hand are pashto nationalists instead of ethnic pashtun . They don't have much of choice because otherwise they will alienate good part of pashto speakers who are not really pashtuns. They don't care about Mianwali pashtuns or other ethnic pashtuns who no longer speak pashto like in hazara division. I remember ANP Karachi leader who's syed and by default not pashtun. He used to make fun of Imran Khan for being fake pathan on tv channels even though IK is ethnic Niazi pashtun but not pashto speaker.

Yeah that guy is just projecting his insecurities, psychology 101.
It's so ironic the anp don't consider pashtun origin people as their kin but when the Hazara district wants to be a separate province then go around making erroneous claims that Hindko-speakers are also pashtun lol :facepalm:

But linguistically they are in fact Dravidians
Well, linguistically I am English, so are Jamaican's, so are Maori's. One has to take care and not make too much of language. Also is it incontrovertible fact that Brahui is Dravidian language?

Well, linguistically I am English, so are Jamaican's, so are Maori's. One has to take care and not make too much of language. Also is it incontrovertible fact that Brahui is Dravidian language?
Linguists classify it as such and sounds nothing like any of the languages spoken in Pakistan.

languages spoken in Pakistan.
Yes, I am aware of that. However could it be the result of recent (last millenia) migration of some group from South India? We have examples of Rom living in Europe who migrated from South Asia. Conversely we have Turks who are by and large Anatolian's and similar to Armenians, Greeks, Georgians but speak a language derived from Central Asian Turkic.

"In the light of more recent evidence a hypothesis first suggested by Jules Bloch in 1924 seems more acceptable: The Brahuis are more likely to be relatively recent immigrants to their present homeland in Pakistan from the western Deccan. In perhaps the 7th century loose congeries of nomadic groups began to split off from their nearest neighbors, the northwest Kuṛukh and Malto Dravidians"

http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/brahui

Yes, I am aware of that. However could it be the result of recent (last millenia) migration of some group from South India? We have examples of Rom living in Europe who migrated from South Asia. Conversely we have Turks who are by and large Anatolian's and similar to Armenians, Greeks, Georgians but speak a language derived from Central Asian Turkic.

"In the light of more recent evidence a hypothesis first suggested by Jules Bloch in 1924 seems more acceptable: The Brahuis are more likely to be relatively recent immigrants to their present homeland in Pakistan from the western Deccan. In perhaps the 7th century loose congeries of nomadic groups began to split off from their nearest neighbors, the northwest Kuṛukh and Malto Dravidians"

http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/brahui
So they originate from the south of India? Even the Baloch aren't native either, they claim to have originated in Aleppo, Syria and claim to descend from Kurds, their language is also classified as northwest iranic.

If they're immigrants themselves then they shouldn't go around killing settlers.

Brahvis and afghan refugees are recent settlers in balochistan.

I always thought baloch and brahvi are same people .

Brahvis and afghan refugees are recent settlers in balochistan.

I always thought baloch and brahvi are same people .

Brahuis are likely not recent settlers in Balochistan, infact they have been settled there since IVC and Mehrgarh times

Khan Khalat Ahmed yar khan speaks brahvi but he considers himself Baloch.
Its not baloch who consider themselves Arabs, infact the arabs consider Baloch are their descendents.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom