What's new

Why are Baloch and Brahui considered the same people?

_Khawaja

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I don't get it, they speak languages belonging to two entirely different families, they have different origins as a people and different tribes yet they're considered the same by themselves and the Pakistani government just cause they've mixed so much and now have the same culture compare that to Saraiki, Hinkowans and Potoharis who just speak a different dialect and are considered a separate ethnicity from central Punjabis. Makes no sense to me.

The census should give Brahui people a box of their own so we can properly document the diversity of Pakistan.

Don't know, they look really close. People say Brahui are dravidians, but there is literally little to no genetic connections.

Don't know, they look really close. People say Brahui are dravidians, but there is literally little to no genetic connections.
But language is a bigger binder than race, and Brahuis speak a totally different language that's just a bit influenced by Balochi. If they're proud of their language and origins then I don't think they'd be happy with being absorbed into the Baloch ethnicity, which apparently isn't an issue to them.

Brohi dont mix with Baloch, Baloch are Arab descent Bruhi were indigenous people displaced to mountains. They would never like to be absorbed, there is a lot of animosity.

Baluch are Iranic people, they moved towards this side from their struggles I believe with a king by the name of nosherwan.

Baluch are not Arab, Baluch are true part of the Iranic family.

Baluch are Iranic people, they moved towards this side from their struggles I believe with a king by the name of nosherwan.

Baluch are not Arab, Baluch are true part of the Iranic family.
What about Brahuis, why are they absorbing them into their community? I feel like it's tactic separatists are using to counter Pakistan, otherwise they must be 2 different ethnic groups.

Brohi dont mix with Baloch, Baloch are Arab descent Bruhi were indigenous people displaced to mountains. They would never like to be absorbed, there is a lot of animosity.
Arabs?! lol I thought they had myths about being Kurds who migrated in 1000 CE to Gedrosia (ancient name if Balochistan). It's ironic that on twitter some of their nationalists mock Pakistanis for claiming foreign ancestries yet they got stories of descending from some Arab scholar or Kurds, some Baloch also use Arabized last names like "Al Balooshi".

What about Brahuis, why are they absorbing them into their community? I feel like it's tactic separatists are using to counter Pakistan, otherwise they must be 2 different ethnic groups.

Arabs?! lol I thought they had myths about being Kurds who migrated in 1000 CE to Gedrosia (ancient name if Balochistan). It's ironic that on twitter some of their nationalists mock Pakistanis for claiming foreign ancestries yet they got stories of descending from some Arab scholar or Kurds, some Baloch also use Arabized last names like "Al Balooshi".
Baloch are given preferential treatment in UAE and Arab states I don't know if it is to do with possible arab connection.

if Pakistan will become a successful nations ... trust me everybody will link their self with it .. because success has many fathers and and failure is an orphan .. i wish we could have some good leadership
That's gold!

if Pakistan will become a successful nations ... trust me everybody will link their self with it .. because success has many fathers and and failure is an orphan .. i wish we could have some good leadership

That is one of the best thing i have ever read. i am gone remember that :)

But language is a bigger binder than race, and Brahuis speak a totally different language that's just a bit influenced by Balochi. If they're proud of their language and origins then I don't think they'd be happy with being absorbed into the Baloch ethnicity, which apparently isn't an issue to them.

For baloch blood line matter more then language. That's why many of them in Balochistan parliament despite belonging to baloch tribes are usually also brahui, seraiki or even sindhi speakers. Now days Baloch nationalist parties are even coming to south punjab to get seraki baloch votes.

But sindh baloch are more in to sindhi nationalism. Its all politics..... In Balochistan because of pashtun factor, baloch-brahui are one and same. In Sindh because of urdu speakers factor sindhi baloch and othere sindhis are same... In punjab its mostly Pakistani nationalism with braderi touch instead of language nationalism, so baloch nationalist parties see opportunity to get votes in south punjab.

But baloch nationalist parties will never go to sindh for votes where baloch are much more dominant and in sizeable numbers, Zardari is baloch.

For baloch blood line matter more then language. That's why many of them in Balochistan parliament despite belonging to baloch tribes are usually also brahui, seraiki or even sindhi speakers. Now days Baloch nationalist parties are even coming to south punjab to get seraki baloch votes.

But sindh baloch are more in to sindhi nationalism. Its all politics..... In Balochistan because of pashtun factor, baloch-brahui are one and same. In Sindh because of urdu speakers factor sindhi baloch and othere sindhis are same... In punjab its mostly Pakistani nationalism with braderi touch instead of language nationalism, so baloch nationalist parties see opportunity to get votes in south punjab.

But baloch nationalist parties will never go to sindh for votes where baloch are much more dominant and in sizeable numbers, Zardari is baloch.
I'm aware of that, they seem get along very well with Sindhis though. I've heard Baloch nationalists even claim that Dera Ghazi Khan and Jacobad and other south Punjabi cities as part of Balochistan. I don't think they will succeed because Saraiki Baloch are pretty integrated and I think they identify as Pakistani first much like Saraiki Pashtuns.

Back
Top Bottom