What's new

Pakistan’s Establishment Wants Us To Remain The Way We Are

rafiki bilal. good analysis.

but i would disagree with you on many points. You cannot blame the british.

Why is it that in many british colonies which inherited similar systems did better. Let us take Tanzania - we inherited the same but there was a major difference. I remember when we got our independence - there was a small university; best university around was Makrere - my father went there and so did I. But mwalimu Nyerere had very long visionary goals. First, he was a teacher. As a teacher, he knew the importance of education and educational institutions. Secondly, if we were to be subservient to the colonial masters, we needed to remove the elitism associated with language which is a curse in its own right. No English and there would be no english taught until secondary school. It achieved many things - gave people a self respect and an identity. Why is that not the case in pakistan. When any of your idiots PM, or anyone - they speak Urdu chafu (shit urdu) - pardon my swahili - now look any one of our leaders in any forum, you will hear them speak only our language including when we get Omani delegations - they speak here in swahili because it is a cultural bond with Zanzibar. Do you get any foreign dignitary coming and speaking in Urdu? Every flipping Pak national nowadays I meet here when they are speaking to each other are speaking like indians - 70% english words and these urdu. Third - no prominence for the army; they have a role and that is all. Because we were poor, to ensure noone was above - no television. If an ordinary person could not afford a TV, neither must a richer person. 4- land reforms, all land belongs only to to goverment period. A house you build here is on a 99 year lease; no ifs or buts. You pay for the land to the govt annually. You cannot own more than 1 home. 5. No dual nationality allowed. If you have you automatically forfiet Tanzanian nationality and will never be allowed to stand for public office.

Back then we used to look up at Pakistan as a more enlightened and progressive. Many friends went there to get high education. Now, the tide has reversed. We are seeing so many good skilled people migrating here as there are older family ties and you have freedom to do anything.

To prevent strife, Nyerere did something I always liked - one party state. He said until everyone is ready to admit that we can have healthy multi-party democracy; it is best to live without; noone person is too powerful - the president can easily be removed by the parliament if he gets out of hand.

If you get a chance, visit us here. You will be very surprised.

what these elites and army crooks need to fear is what happened in Uganda.

Same takataka. Museveni was leading a revolute; people just had enough and threw their support behind him. I see same narrative, if BLA amplifies its call to all the people of Pakistan to rise up and join them, we will see a total onslaught similar to north west of here.
I'm not blaming the British in as much as pointing out a fact: Our leaders come from a line of yes-men. They came to the top because they have the right mix of personality, qualifications, ambition (or lack thereof) and ability (or lack thereof). The British are no longer relevant, but the institutions and culture they have left thrives in Pakistan.

The ones who rise the top can't think for themselves, nor are they creative, competent, or courageous. The ones who exhibit these three later characteristics are driven out of the system and, ultimately, end up in the West (thereby making the West stronger). The ones who are left end up giving us the same dull types over and over and over again.

I'll ask a simple question: Why is it our society keeps defaulting to demanding democracy? How is it that despite a thousand-plus years of Muslim rule before the British, we couldn't ideate institutions, policies, and political culture that emanates from our pre-colonial history? Why do we seek to copy-paste the legacy of the Western world (with its own distinct history, culture, and context) into ours?

The answer is simple: the ones running our show are functionally unable to think outside the box they've been coached into using.

I completely agree…it’s basically a transfer of power that occurred in 1947. Power was shifted from the British to the bootlickers who supported British occupation back then.

This is why Pakistan’s “liberal” elite have a hard on against Imran Khan and PTI. They all gained privileges in this society Pakistan is today…why would they support its destruction?

They hate the middle class…and put on a fake ”liberal” persona to hide that.

I agree with this….

An “establishment” exists in every country. The difference is, it works for the people in other countries while in countries like Pakistan it works for a select few.
I'd say every establishment works for its national interests. So, in India, the Indian establishment doesn't give a toss about the Indian people, but it cares about India's geo-political and security interests. Likewise for the Chinese, British, Americans, and so on. But in Pakistan, we have an establishment that doesn't even care about the national interest. They can't respect Pakistan, so why would any other country respect Pakistan?

Last edited:
I'm not blaming the British in as much as pointing out a fact: Our leaders come from a line of yes-men. They came to the top because they have the right mix of personality, qualifications, ambition (or lack thereof) and ability (or lack thereof). The British are no longer relevant, but the institutions and culture they have left thrives in Pakistan.

The ones who rise the top can't think for themselves, nor are they creative, competent, or courageous. The ones who exhibit these three later characteristics are driven out of the system and, ultimately, end up in the West (thereby making the West stronger). The ones who are left end up giving us the same dull types over and over and over again.

I'll ask a simple question: Why is it our society keeps defaulting to demanding democracy? How is it that despite a thousand-plus years of Muslim rule before the British, we couldn't ideate institutions, policies, and political culture that emanates from our pre-colonial history? Why do we seek to copy-paste the legacy of the Western world (with its own distinct history, culture, and context) into ours?

The answer is simple: the ones running our show are functionally unable to think outside the box they've been coached into using.

I'd say every establishment works for its national interests. So, in India, the Indian establishment doesn't give a toss about the Indian people, but it cares about India's geo-political and security interests. Likewise for the Chinese, British, Americans, and so on. But in Pakistan, we have an establishment that doesn't even care about the national interest. They can't respect Pakistan, so why would any other country respect Pakistan?

It seems to be a product of inferiority complex frankly. If we look to the right and left of Pakistan - you see a totally opposite picture. Iran who is bold and confident. I had pleasure to be there pre-covid period at their prestigious mazandaran university. I was surprised and very impressed. No where did I see english used, all lectures were in Farsi. Next, from bottoms up - there was not a single person in uniform or even the dean or head of university or chancelor. I did not hear Col so and so is heading this department... Then left us shift to the right side - while Modi and RSS/BJP may have their skeletons - it is without doubt this man who is uneducated propelled India to a level where they can and are competing at world level. Where is Pakistan --- Mr general A uncle of Col B who is related to Mr X who takes 5% and circle of circus croniesm is everlasting.

You are right, the Indian establishment plays a long game - they have their focus, their deep think tank and analysts who know their shit unlike the morons running the GHQ and those who follow every word; then the civilian crooks who know their butter is only there as long as their back is open with vaseline to be screwed. It is just a shame shame. This imbecile Bajwa sitting in France on vacation. WTF - where did he get all the monies over night. Army is crooks galore.

If I was the chinese or imf just demand until you get your act together, no more money is coming. plus if those who lost their loved ones press their cases in EU courts and do what happened to Pinochet, you will see the change but then, I am niave.

That's true. I'd agree.

The Army are the chowkidar of the elites. The Generals are from the elites and some of the most powerful men in the elite. Each one of these people lives like a King - why would they want to change Pakistan? Pakistan is a country of such limited wealth if you drive a Landcruiser, police checkpoints salute you, just in case you are a somebody - ie someone connected to the elite. Why would the people who live that life want a society where most people can afford a nice car. In the UK if you have 2 partners working a middle class job, you can afford a Tesla or a brand new Mercedes or BMW etc, you have the disposable income to afford £7-800 a month on repayments for a top tier car. Why would our elite want the awam to have access to wealth? It degrades their quality of life - suddenly they won't be the hotshots they always were.
Usually military officers in high ranks come from humble backgrounds. All of a sudden power and wealth gets to their head. They are impressed by Sharifs and Bhutto/Zardaris enjoying a high class life. So they become part of the ecosystem to protect the corrupt and the thieves.

Army runs big businesses in Pakistan. If they love Sharif family so much, why dont they appoint Shehbaz Sharif as CEO of Fauji Foundation or Fatima Fertilizer? They know he is a thief. They select these people, impose them on us and then except us not to react at all!

Pathetic propaganda.

The reason why the armed forces are being targeted is simply because they are the only functional arm of the state exercising faith, unity and discipline for Pakistan.
IMG_20230607_025318.jpg

Nuclear power - check
most strongest muslim milirary - check
undiscovered oil reserves - check

Being at the top isnt to bad.

Pathetic propaganda.

The reason why the armed forces are being targeted is simply because they are the only functional arm of the state exercising faith, unity and discipline for Pakistan.

LOL, so you are the one going to Support Army rallies
Your Army is only united and disciplined to control Power in Pakistan come what may, even if it costs us other pieces of Pakistan, total destruction of Pakistani society. They have seen the reaction from educated middle class now Listen to me carefully and watch....education sector will be the next target of your Disciplined Army, they will be united in destroying the already f'ed up syllabus to include more f'ed up and distorted history. You kids may have to sing ISPR songs instead of national anthem. This Army have no Pakistaniat in them but a bunch of self serving biggots.

Pakistan Fauj is 1857 , Angrez Fauj

• Coconut Syndrome (Brown from outside , white from inside) , symbolic reference to their governance , and secret practices

Pakistan Fauj is 1857 , Angrez Fauj

• Coconut Syndrome (Brown from outside , white from inside) , symbolic reference to their governance , and secret practices

Well they take pride in speaking English in loud manners just like English Generals used to order them. I always wonder they they love to speak English amongst officer ranks while 90% of their force is not even 10th grade pass soldiers.

I don't personally understand why they award each other medals for ?

What war do they win ?

FAUJ Bolo
FAUJI Bolo

1857 Wala FauJI Bolo

Haqeeqat se Na Daro ...... Yeh 1857 Wale Colonial Fauji Hain

Koi Establishment wastablishment Nahi , Sale Fauji hain Gun wale

Koi bhi Gun pakar kar Sheer ban jata hai

1947 Se Mulk Per Qabza Kiya howa Hai , 1857 Colonial School graduates ne

Pakistan main in Ka Colonial School Chal raha hai 1857 wala

This thread is a great reminder of polarization turns people into one track myopic simpletons

Back
Top Bottom