What's new

Why AM Shahid Latif was not promoted to Air Chief? - Urdu article

Excuse me sir

Just learn to respect other people’s opinion. It’s one of the biggest problems with the Pakistani’s, either he/she a mullah or a common man on the street or a person like you, to not accept and respect other people’s opinion and that they think they are always right and everyone else is wrong.

I am not sure what your back ground is but at least that gentleman is writing for a paper and probably has better resources and, in my opinion, is more credible than you.

Let me tell you if his article is useless, then so is yours.

I care less who is the chief but I do have some friends who happen to be one or two courses junior to Shahid Latif and know him very well. Before even the names were submitted to President, they were of the opinion that Shahid Latif was the best candidate and no one was even close to him. Rao himself confessed in his opening speech that he was not the best choice but still got the responsibility. Injustice and favoritism is the name of the game. Do you remember what happened to MM Alam, Cecil Chudhry, and Sajjad Haider?

If Rao Qamar was the deputy chief, then Shahid Latif was the 2nd in command, a position higher than Rao’s. Rao was doing what a junior was supposed to be doing.

I hope next time you will be more courteous and will set an example being a senior member of the forum for the junior members.

Note: I consider this argument to be closed and will not respond back.

Sir Sonic Boom
Please refrain from deriding senior people on the forum, whom we all respect.Or this boom of yours might go bust very soon:D:lol::agree:
Please express your opinion, but dont criticize people directly.
WaSalam
Araz

That commment doesnot fit the occassion. The thing is that Rao Qamar has no proven track record----

No proven record??? What kind of a record exactly you are looking for Mastan K? What proven record Musharraf had before becoming Army Chief? What proven record ACM (Retd) Tanvir had before taking over as CAS or what proven records Abbas Khattak or PQ Mehdi had? Rao Qamar has a service of ~30 years, commanded fighter squadron, a fighter wing, a Base etc, he was an AIR MARSHAL and DCAS (Ops)....Isn’t all that enough proven record to qualify him to become a Chief???

he is the guy who has such a bad luck that the guns on his mirage fighter jammed, when he had a chicken as its target---according to the above mentioned article---

I have no idea what you are on about...In fighter flying a lot can happen...after burners blow out on takeoff.....drag chutes snap after touchdown.....landing gears fail to come down before landing.....bombs refuse to leave the hard points.....guns jammed a lot.....and sometimes pilots hit the ground while still strapped to the seats. Welcome to the real world of fighter flying; which perhaps you have absolutely no idea about.

Do you think that when Roa Qamar was dashing on runway while taking off for interception, he knew that his guns will jam? Did he know at that time that which other aircrafts will be in area? Did he deliberately jam his guns? With no guns, he could actually get shot ( or killed) if intercepted by fighters....But I guess you have overlooked all these aspects and focussed only on something that suited you.

Another poster mentioned PAF has a system---doesnot make a lots of difference who the head is---as a matter of fact it does---our millitary is a one man show---rarely does team things comes out. In the 71 war---AM Rahim stated---it is the navy's problem let them handle it---ol'd boy it happens after the ships got missiled----before the 65 war AM asghar Khan calls up his adversary in india without any authorization and says to him, if you don't fly against me, I will not fly against you.-----two catastrophic incidences in the history of AF---

Yeh, dig down further deep and you may find some more muck to throw on your Airforce...What’s these two incidents have to do with selection of Rao Qamar.?

Do you think its one man’s show to keep another airforce at bay for ~60 years that is triple the size of yours? Do you think its one man’s job to keep 500 aircrafts of all sorts in flying conditions in the tightest budget you can have? Do you have any idea how an Air Headquarters function? I guess NOT. You have perhaps read few BS articles and heard few BS stories and think that all there you need to know to form an opinion. Your comments just show the deep ignorance that you have about the system and its working.

I don't doubt that there are good people in the forces----but being good is just not good enough.

Having known these officers since they were Wing Commanders, personally I also wanted to see Shahid Latif as CAS ....But as it didn’t happen and another equally competent man has been selected for the job so no need for making all the fuss and throwing unnecessary tantrums here. Trust me, Rao is a very competent and upright man too and won’t disappoint you as our next CAS..

No proven record??? What kind of a record exactly you are looking for Mastan K? What proven record Musharraf had before becoming Army Chief? What proven record ACM (Retd) Tanvir had before taking over as CAS or what proven records Abbas Khattak or PQ Mehdi had? Rao Qamar has a service of ~30 years, commanded fighter squadron, a fighter wing, a Base etc, he was an AIR MARSHAL and DCAS (Ops)....Isn’t all that enough proven record to qualify him to become a Chief???

I have no idea what you are on about...In fighter flying a lot can happen...after burners blow out on takeoff.....drag chutes snap after touchdown.....landing gears fail to come down before landing.....bombs refuse to leave the hard points.....guns jammed a lot.....and sometimes pilots hit the ground while still strapped to the seats. Welcome to the real world of fighter flying; which perhaps you have absolutely no idea about.

Do you think that when Roa Qamar was dashing on runway while taking off for interception, he knew that his guns will jam? Did he know at that time that which other aircrafts will be in area? Did he deliberately jam his guns? With no guns, he could actually get shot ( or killed) if intercepted by fighters....But I guess you have overlooked all these aspects and focussed only on something that suited you.

Yeh, dig down further deep and you may find some more muck to throw on your Airforce...What’s these two incidents have to do with selection of Rao Qamar.?

Do you think its one man’s show to keep another airforce at bay for ~60 years that is triple the size of yours? Do you think its one man’s job to keep 500 aircrafts of all sorts in flying conditions in the tightest budget you can have? Do you have any idea how an Air Headquarters function? I guess NOT. You have perhaps read few BS articles and heard few BS stories and think that all there you need to know to form an opinion. Your comments just show the deep ignorance that you have about the system and its working.

Having known these officers since they were Wing Commanders, personally I also wanted to see Shahid Latif as CAS ....But as it didn’t happen and another equally competent man has been selected for the job so no need for making all the fuss and throwing unnecessary tantrums here. Trust me, Rao is a very competent and upright man too and won’t disappoint you as our next CAS..

Gung-Ho!:enjoy:

ok good! pls provide your information - i am waiting impatiently!:enjoy:

Yeah Right! Nice Try! :crazy:

by your measure of assessment and proof-etc, your most certainly believe that Zaradri and the likes must be angels, since there is no proof of their corruption ever substantiated!

Mr. fatman17, lets call spade a spade! No eyebrows were raised when CNS Noman Bashir was selected because all knew he was the right and the deserving man in line, no eye-brows are raised when COAS Gen Kayani walks in because people know of his integrity. PAF was surprised when AM Rao Qamar was selected! Eye-brows were raised for the reasons he was selected. The Ex-CAS, AM Tanvir has recently purchased a almost 500 sq yards new house worth 5-crores in Sector G-6/3. Street 80 which will be rented out most likely to the Brazilians (as a matter of fact) they have already moved in the place. The present CAS may not be corrupt himself, but the regime and the circumstances that have bought him as CAS are most certainly that! So where there is smoke; there is always fire try to remember that! Its only a matter of time when that fire goes out of control and burns! Let us not forget the Mansoor-ul-Haqs, the Khattaks, the Shamims etc of the past no matter whichever service they belong to. Integrity, honesty and professionalism is the top most requirement for any service and it always starts from the top.

Yeah Right! Nice Try! :crazy:

by your measure of assessment and proof-etc, your most certainly believe that Zaradri and the likes must be angels, since there is no proof of their corruption ever substantiated!

Mr. fatman17, lets call spade a spade! No eyebrows were raised when CNS Noman Bashir was selected because all knew he was the right and the deserving man in line, no eye-brows are raised when COAS Gen Kayani walks in because people know of his integrity. PAF was surprised when AM Rao Qamar was selected! Eye-brows were raised for the reasons he was selected. The Ex-CAS, AM Tanvir has recently purchased a almost 500 sq yards new house worth 5-crores in Sector G-6/3. Street 80 which will be rented out most likely to the Brazilians (as a matter of fact) they have already moved in the place. The present CAS may not be corrupt himself, but the regime and the circumstances that have bought him as CAS are most certainly that! So where there is smoke; there is always fire try to remember that! Its only a matter of time when that fire goes out of control and burns! Let us not forget the Mansoor-ul-Haqs, the Khattaks, the Shamims etc of the past no matter whichever service they belong to. Integrity, honesty and professionalism is the top most requirement for any service and it always starts from the top.

a lot of people (including here) seem to be quite happy with the selection of ACM Rao Qamar. the nay sayers seem to be in the minority.
U say you dont know any of the gentlemen personally but your reply hints of a "personal" thingy!:enjoy:

a lot of people (including here) seem to be quite happy with the selection of ACM Rao Qamar. the nay sayers seem to be in the minority.
U say you dont know any of the gentlemen personally but your reply hints of a "personal" thingy!:enjoy:

Tut! Tut! I truly sympathize with your sense of dimensioning! All you hear/ believe is what you want to hear/believe & nothing else! Maybe old age creeping up quickly? :enjoy::D

But what I do grant you is the right to your belief not matter how dellusional it may be, but its just that your inalienable right!

Lastly, please drop the personal thingy rattabaazi! Its is as personal to me as it may be to you being maybe related to the guy!

Sir Sonic Boom
Please refrain from deriding senior people on the forum, whom we all respect.Araz

Paa ji:
Respect is earned and not given. Anyways, thanks for your advice.

Sir Sonic Boom
.Or this boom of yours might go bust very soon:D:lol
Araz

Now what does this mean? Is this a taunt from a senior member to a junior member? I can see your reflection in it. You seem to live in west but have not learned that politeness is contagious. If I, being a junior member, made a mistake, then you, being a senior member, acted like childish. Please change your desi mentality by disassociating from desi gang and spend time with whites to learn some etiquette. You seriously need some growing.

wasalam

Tut! Tut! I truly sympathize with your sense of dimensioning! All you hear/ believe is what you want to hear/believe & nothing else! Maybe old age creeping up quickly? :enjoy::D

But what I do grant you is the right to your belief not matter how dellusional it may be, but its just that your inalienable right!

Lastly, please drop the personal thingy rattabaazi! Its is as personal to me as it may be to you being maybe related to the guy!

and the same may be (is) true for you! your arrogance is showing!

and my old-age has nothing to do with it and you are telling me not to get personal - grow up!

Hi X man,

Thankyou for your post. Sorry for being offensive in my argument.

Even though I may chose to answer all your questions the way I seem them to be right---I chose not to do so----bottomline is that it is my army--my airforce---my navy---I may sit down with you and pour it out in our living room----but not on a public forum.

But what I believe is----that the PAF as a corporation has been run very poorly since the late 80's. Thankyou.

Araz,

So---you are a PAAJI now-----

Just for everyones info when you become the Chief your DSOP fund goes away your Commutation Pension ( the amount you get after retirement ) goes away. WHY?
The COAS get 3% Commission on every deal PAF makes. That is why when you become the COAS your portfolio just goes up to at least 50 to 100 mil$$.

Just for everyones info when you become the Chief your DSOP fund goes away your Commutation Pension ( the amount you get after retirement ) goes away. WHY?
The COAS get 3% Commission on every deal PAF makes. That is why when you become the COAS your portfolio just goes up to at least 50 to 100 mil$$.

is this official or un-official - thanks in advance for your comment!:enjoy:

Hi,

If it is true---that is totally sickening. I am not against perks for the generals---but commissions against purchases---that is a new low for the pak army leadership.

Back
Top Bottom