What's new

Why AM Shahid Latif was not promoted to Air Chief? - Urdu article

Well,
Air Marshall Tanveer Ahmad was very dedicated and petriotic person, I believe if this is a true story then still there is no problem coz atleast Air Marshall Shahid latif is still in PAF and surving PAF/Pakistan in some form.
Ofcourse It happened wrong with Shahid Latif but it never means that every thing is lost, other people in PAF also generous to Pakistan.
I think he is still the part of PAF, so he must proud of it and he must kept serving PAF and Pakistan being Vice Air Chief Marshall.
He served alot not being an Air Marshall and may be he will do more if he remains at his current position.
So this should not be a matter, either he is an Air Chief Marshal or Vise Air Chief Marshal but the matter is that he is genious PAF vice Air chief Marshall who has achievements and respect among his team / PAF and in the heart of Pakistani people. He should not be political may be being on back step he can serve more and scarifcing top most position may be for the Pakistan

Last edited:
Well,
Air Marshall Tanveer Ahmad was very dedicated and petriotic person, I believe if this is a true story then still there is no problem coz atleast Air Marshall Shahid latif is still in PAF and surving PAF/Pakistan in some form.
Ofcourse It happened wrong with Shahid Latif but it never means that every thing is lost, other people in PAF also generous to Pakistan.
I think he is still the part of PAF, so he must proud of it and he must kept serving PAF and Pakistan being Vice Air Chief Marshall.
He served alot not being an Air Marshall and may be he will do more if he remains at his current position.
So this should not be a matter, either he is an Air Chief Marshal or Vise Air Chief Marshal but the matter is that he is genious PAF vice Air chief Marshall who has achievements and respect among his team / PAF and in the heart of Pakistani people. He should not be political may be being on back step he can serve more and scarifcing top most position may be for the of Pakistan

Hi,

Yes it is indeed a big big issue---I don't think that you are speaking out of experience. For a multi billion dollar corporation----being the #3---4---5 man does not mean much if the guy at the top was in competition with you for the same job.

There is no place for AVM Latif in the air force any more---actually the air force heirarchy has moved into a different direction AVM Latif is a stumbling block in their way. Nation has lost an extraordinary man.

Whatever has happened has happened. No need to cry over spilt milk. We have a good Aviator in charge of PAF. Lets give him a chance to show his metal. Afterall he is another one of Sir MuradK ,s students:D:lol::agree:
Araz

Whatever has happened has happened. No need to cry over spilt milk. We have a good Aviator in charge of PAF. Lets give him a chance to show his metal. Afterall he is another one of Sir MuradK ,s students:D:lol::agree:
Araz

FYI - AM Shahid Latif is also a former student of Sir Murad Khan, he trained him on T-33.

oh guys it is not the thng 4 worring but actual thng to consider s this what happened to project with 6 cent intersts and 1 billions dollars???????????????//
is that korrect

What should we think after reading this article? Honestly it gives impression that some has put their own pawn at this position. Who can be used to fulfill their demands. If this has been an Army Chief then one should think of some political motives but air chief. Would he take orders from some where else?:usflag:
At least I got some impression like this.
There would be some retired officials in this forum what they think?:whistle:

Why AM Shahid Latif was not promoted to Air Chief?

Link for the article:

Utterly useless article, that only has some sensational agenda...:tdown:

No matter who the CAS is, the system will continue to function as normal and all projects in hand will carry on as they were planned. Nothing has lost.

Yeh I understand that Shahid Latif was quite popular especially here on this forum but don’t forget tht Rao Qamar was Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Operations) before taking over as CAS. DCAS(Ops) is perhaps the most important post in Airforce hierarchy and always given to the most sought out person. He is the man, who has to supervise, plan and execute each and every operational aspect: in short he is the man who runs the Airforce.

Rao Qamar is a no bullshit, no cosmetics, very much to the point and a hard task master and has shown his competence in all the previous assignments. Surely he will run the airforce as it should be run. So calm down guys and let go your apprehensions about him.

No matter who the CAS is, the system will continue to function as normal and all projects in hand will carry on as they were planned. Nothing has lost.

Yeh I understand that Shahid Latif was quite popular especially here on this forum but don’t forget tht Rao Qamar was Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Operations) before taking over as CAS. DCAS(Ops) is perhaps the most important post in Airforce hierarchy and always given to the most sought out person. He is the man, who has to supervise, plan and execute each and every operational aspect: in short he is the man who runs the Airforce.

Rao Qamar is a no bullshit, no cosmetics, very much to the point and a hard task master and has shown his competence in all the previous assignments. Surely he will run the airforce as it should be run. So calm down guys and let go your apprehensions about him.

thanks x_man - exactly my impression also!:enjoy:

Excuse me sir

Just learn to respect other people’s opinion. It’s one of the biggest problems with the Pakistani’s, either he/she a mullah or a common man on the street or a person like you, to not accept and respect other people’s opinion and that they think they are always right and everyone else is wrong.

I am not sure what your back ground is but at least that gentleman is writing for a paper and probably has better resources and, in my opinion, is more credible than you.

Let me tell you if his article is useless, then so is yours.

I care less who is the chief but I do have some friends who happen to be one or two courses junior to Shahid Latif and know him very well. Before even the names were submitted to President, they were of the opinion that Shahid Latif was the best candidate and no one was even close to him. Rao himself confessed in his opening speech that he was not the best choice but still got the responsibility. Injustice and favoritism is the name of the game. Do you remember what happened to MM Alam, Cecil Chudhry, and Sajjad Haider?

If Rao Qamar was the deputy chief, then Shahid Latif was the 2nd in command, a position higher than Rao’s. Rao was doing what a junior was supposed to be doing.

I hope next time you will be more courteous and will set an example being a senior member of the forum for the junior members.

Note: I consider this argument to be closed and will not respond back.

Excuse me sir

Just learn to respect other people’s opinion. It’s one of the biggest problems with the Pakistani’s, either he/she a mullah or a common man on the street or a person like you, to not accept and respect other people’s opinion and that they think they are always right and everyone else is wrong.

I am not sure what your back ground is but at least that gentleman is writing for a paper and probably has better resources and, in my opinion, is more credible than you.

Let me tell you if his article is useless, then so is yours.

I care less who is the chief but I do have some friends who happen to be one or two courses junior to Shahid Latif and know him very well. Before even the names were submitted to President, they were of the opinion that Shahid Latif was the best candidate and no one was even close to him. Rao himself confessed in his opening speech that he was not the best choice but still got the responsibility. Injustice and favoritism is the name of the game. Do you remember what happened to MM Alam, Cecil Chudhry, and Sajjad Haider?

If Rao Qamar was the deputy chief, then Shahid Latif was the 2nd in command, a position higher than Rao’s. Rao was doing what a junior was supposed to be doing.

I hope next time you will be more courteous and will set an example being a senior member of the forum for the junior members.

on behalf of x_man, we also dont appreciate your attitude! just for your information x_man is a retd airforce fighter-pilot (who is still on the reserve list) and his information loop is just as good as yours (if not better).:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom