What's new

Whole PAF goes NUCLEAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't get the meaning of your post, since equipping the aircraft with Nuclear tipped weapon doesn't mean they become effective deterrant. Since Airborne jets are always vulnerable of getting shot down by long range SAM's and most of all, if PAF is looking to equip its jet with Nuclear weapons then certainly they need to show some high standard in maintainance, since just imagine the prospect of Fighter jet carrying nukes getting crashed in own's territory.

Surely you are not redefining deterrence here, are you? Any platform is vulnerable, inclusive of the venerable cruise/ballistic missiles. So its ridiculous what you are trying to imply above.

And your latter part of nuke carrying AC crashing in own territory is really hilarious. If you want to imply an explosion out of that in own territory ...... then you are back in the 40s and surely need to read up a whole load before posting here.

Take care to be careful in what you post and try to understand what things are. There is a whole loads of experience here, and while we may not agree with them, some of them are far senior and superior to us in terms of knowledge and experience.

Just please dont shoot off for the heck of posting

thanks

The idea of PAF going nuclear is a simple one. Back in 2004-5 timeframe, PAF formed the Air Force Strategic Forces Command (ASFC). This strategic command is responsible for formulating PAF's nuclear posture, developing and maintaining air delivered nuclear weapons capability.

Since the PAF is already looking at employing cruise missiles with nuclear warheads and could potentially also take over some of the BMs in this role, there was a need to include the nuclear doctrine with PAF's force and command structure.

Free fall nuclear delivery option was always there with the PAF, however I think there is a qualitative difference in capability that we are starting to see now.

but he did not mentioned the J 10 in his speech and what type of electronic warefare system he is talking about that paf gets from USA

The PAF has been Nuclear since 1980s as we successfully modified battlefield nuclear weapons on the F-16s as early as 1987. The A-5s were already incorporated with this capability as they were inducted. So is the case with Mirages and another addition today is the thunder. The Air Chief disclosed it a bit late though!

Little offtopic..
AFAIK, Pakistan acquired ability to create a nuke in 1987, but didn't till 90s. Can you explain the bold parts.

The idea of PAF going nuclear is a simple one. Back in 2004-5 timeframe, PAF formed the Air Force Strategic Forces Command (ASFC). This strategic command is responsible for formulating PAF's nuclear posture, developing and maintaining air delivered nuclear weapons capability.

Since the PAF is already looking at employing cruise missiles with nuclear warheads and could potentially also take over some of the BMs in this role, there was a need to include the nuclear doctrine with PAF's force and command structure.

Free fall nuclear delivery option was always there with the PAF, however I think there is a qualitative difference in capability that we are starting to see now.
Does the Pakistani Air Force have the capabilities of having air launched cruise missiles yet? Has there been any recent tests regarding this form of armament? If so, what is the platform that PAF plans to use for such a payload? The F-16? JF-17s? Or shall it be the J-10?

Little offtopic..
AFAIK, Pakistan acquired ability to create a nuke in 1987, but didn't till 90s. Can you explain the bold parts.

I think he tried to hint at PAF having the necessary skills to deploy a nuclear weapon via F-16 in toss bombing ...... which is the most basic of delivery methods. Am not sure though .

Does the Pakistani Air Force have the capabilities of having air launched cruise missiles yet? Has there been any recent tests regarding this form of armament? If so, what is the platform that PAF plans to use for such a payload? The F-16? JF-17s? Or shall it be the J-10?

They dont have air launched crusie missiles inducted as of yet. However, they have the capability of using either of the above platforms for the same as soon as they acquire a suitable said weapon.

They dont have air launched crusie missiles inducted as of yet. However, they have the capability of using either of the above platforms for the same as soon as they acquire a suitable said weapon.

I always see helfire trolling....:sick:...ur idea looks to me only Anti Pakistan. I know its impossible for indians to digest on Pakistan achievements. :pakistan:

Pakistan not only have capability but also have upgraded all Mirage anf F-16's to fie Air to Surface Raad Cruise missle.......and large number of missiles have been produced

Ra'ad ALCM launched frm F-16, JF-17, Mirage III/V.....successfull tests were inducted in August 2007 and in May 2008.

Source: Pakistan Successfully Conducts Test of Air Launched Cruise Missile Ra’ad
'Pakistan Times' Federal Bureau

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Saturday successfully test fired a new Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) called Hatf-8 (Ra’ad).

The indigenously developed Ra’ad (meaning Thunder in Arabic) with a range of 350 kms has been designed exclusively for launch from a variety of Pakistan’s air platforms, providing these with strategic stand off capacity on land and at sea.

The missile having low direction probability due to stealth design and material used in its manufacturing, can carry all types of warheads and has an accuracy comparable to the country’s longer range Babur cruise missile.

President General Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz have congratulated the scientists and engineers engaged in the development of the new national strategic capability.

Pakistan’s defence will continue to be strengthened as an imperative of national security, they said and assured all support to the country’s strategic program.

Ra’ad Strengthens Defense System

The successful launching of 350 km range cruise missile Ra’ad (Hataf VIII) has further strengthened country’s defense system, analyst Lieutenant General (R) Talat Masood said Saturday.

Talking to Dawn News he said this is a major achievement and only a few countries like USA, Russia, China, India and France can manufacture such cruise missile.

He said Ra’ad covers the whole of India. It can escape the radar and not detected by enemy as it flies very low just little above the ground.●

Raad test from Mirage : It is a Low Altitude, Terrain Following Missile with high manoeuvrability, and can deliver all types of warheads, with a high accuracy.

My best advise for you......never speak or say until u dont know or u havent researched anything, other wise ... :sniper:

Thanks zubair i hope trolls can see,read and understand now.And if they dont stop trolling always remember a dogs tail will always remain curved even if u put it in a pipe for a 100 years.

I always see helfire trolling....:sick:...ur idea looks to me only Anti Pakistan. I know its impossible for indians to digest on Pakistan achievements. :pakistan:

Pakistan not only have capability but also have upgraded all Mirage anf F-16's to fie Air to Surface Raad Cruise missle.......and large number of missiles have been produced

Ra'ad ALCM launched frm F-16, JF-17, Mirage III/V.....successfull tests were inducted in August 2007 and in May 2008.

Raad test from Mirage : It is a Low Altitude, Terrain Following Missile with high manoeuvrability, and can deliver all types of warheads, with a high accuracy.

My best advise for you......never speak or say until u dont know or u havent researched anything, other wise ... :sniper:
F-16, JF-17, Mirage III/V.....successfull tests were inducted in August 2007 and in May 2008.

Since you practically mentioned all the fighter types in your arsenal, could you point me a source showing that all these have been tested? Your article only shows Mirages testing the missile.

He said Ra’ad covers the whole of India.

According to a news report by Al Jazeera that is shown in wikipedia, it says that the range of this Ra'ad missile is 350 Km. Could you explain me how does this missile cover entire India then?

Much appreciate it, Thanks.

Dude Pakistanis cant make anything.Happy now dont troll.
Lol look at this guys crappy reasons?Mirage is shown testing Raad what about others?
If we can make mirages capable of firing CBMs cant we do the same with our indegenous fighter JF17s?
Or F16s?Lol man this guys is a bum

Well when I laugh away at my fellow countrymen's claims of success in defence platforms, why don't you call me a troll then? Or anti-India?

If am trolling, am sure the Mods will take a suitable course of action and ban me/warn me. Any intent to do so is not conscious. However, suitable administrative action will be justified and accepted as such.

Getting back:

Can you kindly show me a relevant link of induction of Ra'ad into PAF?

We have been carrying out tests of Tejas for numbers of years ..... tests DO NOT signify presence of adequate numbers of weapon platforms into a system ... and please do not post me the pics of Ra'ad Missile in military parade ....... I can post mutliple Indian "productions" similarly which are not operationalised in sufficient numbers

And if you have data to correct a member, correct him/her, instead of indulging in pontification in the thread and labelling anyone a troll. Am sure this forum is for exchange of information. However, at times my incredulous attitude to certain claims may seem to irk you and your fellow posters, but then that is the nature of any forum.

By the ways, with an operational limit of 350 kms, do you think it is more than a simple AGM (like neither do we consider the similar range Brahmos as more than an AGM till as such time the range is upgraded)? And the claim of being able to cover whole of India? Is whole of Indian territory limited in 350 kms? Or 500 for that matter?

I mean I do hope you are able to appreciate the scepticism on my part now further fuelled as to PAF having inducted this platform as of yet.

Last edited:
Thanks zubair i hope trolls can see,read and understand now.And if they dont stop trolling always remember a dogs tail will always remain curved even if u put it in a pipe for a 100 years.

If trolls could see, read and understand they wont be trolls would they?
And you are right about the dog and the tail. The above post is what trolling is defined as!

Can you kindly show me a relevant link of induction of Ra'ad into PAF?
Dude we cant make anything.
We have been carrying out tests of Tejas for numbers of years ..... tests DO NOT signify presence of adequate numbers of weapon platforms into a system
Tejas is lca right?I hope it seesa active service.Make it operational then talk about weapon systems.

... and please do not post me the pics of Ra'ad Missile in military parade .......
Its not a military parade we dont do that show and tell kinda stuff to often.
I can post mutliple Indian "productions" similarly which are not operationalised in sufficient numbers
Can u?coz most of the tests u conducted ended on failure.Take ur UAVs for example.

And if you have data to correct a member, correct him/her, instead of indulging in pontification in the thread and labelling anyone a troll. Am sure this forum is for exchange of information. However, at times my incredulous attitude to certain claims may seem to irk you and your fellow posters, but then that is the nature of any forum.
This is B.S.Most indians even boast of weapons that india might buy in the future after they get operational.
By the ways, with an operational limit of 350 kms, do you think it is more than a simple AGM (like neither do we consider the similar range Brahmos as more than an AGM till as such time the range is upgraded)?
Thanks ur absolutely right a air launched cruise missile is a simple AGM while brahmos the super duper CBM after decades of failures and rlots of russian and israeli help is operational?
And Raad a ALCM is a simple AGM?I wonder why indians couldnt even make a simple AGM and make it operational in 62 years and 2 dozen ordinance factories?

Since you practically mentioned all the fighter types in your arsenal, could you point me a source showing that all these have been tested? Your article only shows Mirages testing the missile.

No other image or vdeo available to prove you, but yes JF-17 and F-16 are capable to do that. Not only that even A5 is also but its going to be down this year.

A video for u

According to a news report by Al Jazeera that is shown in wikipedia, it says that the range of this Ra'ad missile is 350 Km. Could you explain me how does this missile cover entire India then?

Much appreciate it, Thanks.

Yes Raad has 350 Km operational range, and yes it can reach deap inside in india......so wt ur thinking that the missile will fired from Islambad or Lahore in Pak Airspace.......:lol: :rofl:

In war the Jet comes in enemy space to fire missile .....either it would be Indian or Pakistani. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom