What's new

Whole PAF goes NUCLEAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't get it... I just wanted a source that confirms your entire fleet is capable of having this. Really, if it has achieved this I would congratulate your aeronautical engineers for this achievement. I think you are just as others mistaking me as an Indian.

I can digest any military news, buddy. We are a country without enemies.

there are no current sources claiming the test of Ra'ad on jf-17 ,it may b because PAF dont wana disclose it as usual, or may b the ploitical or insurgency reasons are becoming a hurdle for them,i previously mentioned it but for u i will mention it again my frnd told me that he has a link in army that person told him that Bbaur2 cruise missile is also ready for testing but PA is not testing it due to the current situation,they will do it when they will wish,till thn fingers crossed same is the case with PAF jf-17 capability of firing RA'AD but here you can say its gut feelng or forsightedness ,we believe that if they can do it once on mirages then they can surely do it on jf-17,its not compulsory for them to disclose everythng publicaly
Hope i answer the question

there are no current sources claiming the test of Ra'ad on jf-17 ,it may b because PAF dont wana disclose it as usual, or may b the ploitical or insurgency reasons are becoming a hurdle for them,i previously mentioned it but for u i will mention it again my frnd told me that he has a link in army that person told him that Bbaur2 cruise missile is also ready for testing but PA is not testing it due to the current situation,they will do it when they will wish,till thn fingers crossed same is the case with PAF jf-17 capability of firing RA'AD but here you can say its gut feelng or forsightedness ,we believe that if they can do it once on mirages then they can surely do it on jf-17,its not compulsory for them to disclose everythng publicaly
Hope i answer the question

Mani

Bear with me please:

This is from SIPRI Yearbook 2009

Type (km)a (kg) Status
Aircraft
F-16A/B 1 600 4 500 32 aircraft, deployed in 3 squadrons; most likely
aircraft to have a nuclear delivery role
Ballistic missiles
Ghaznavi (Hatf-3) ~400 500 Entered service with Pakistani Army in 2004;
fewer than 50 launchers deployed; last testlaunched
13 Feb. 2008; believed to be a copy of
M-11 missile acquired from China in 1990s
Shaheen I (Hatf-4) >450b 750– Entered service with Pakistani Army in 2003;
1 000 fewer than 50 launchers deployed; last testlaunched
25 Jan. 2008
Shaheen II 2 000 ~1 000? First Army operational readiness launch on
19 Apr. 2008; second on 21 Apr. 2008c
Ghauri I (Hatf-5) >1 200 700– Entered service with Pakistani Army in 2003;
1 000 fewer than 50 launchers deployed; test-launched
in 1 Feb. 2008
Cruise missiles
Babur (Hatf-7) 700d . . Under development. Ground-launched version
tested three times in 2007 (Mar., Jun. and Dec).
Sea- and air-launched versions under
development too
Ra’ad (Hatf-8) 350 . . Under development; air-launched; first test launch
Aug. 2007; second 8 May 2008

link: http://www.sipri.org/research/armaments/nbc/nuclear/pakistan

Now since we may safely assume (and I say assume as its no way to verify the accuracy here) that SIPRI knows its business, then as per its Yearbook 2009 .... it shows that Ra'ad is under development.

Its exactly what guided me to state that as of yet PAF does not have an ALCM operationalised.

We too have a few Agni IIIs ready, and they are meant for testing modifications etc and can be pressed into service if needed, but they are far from inducted inspite of even user trial being successful recently.

Am sure that such a requirement for clarification is NOT tantamount to trolling and is fair if the whole aim is to garner more info.

And as per our own intelligence inputs and estimates (and I am sure of this) PAF does not have any ALCM operationally present in sufficient numbers to amount to a deployed system, situation akin to Indian plans for Brahmos!! However, if some source from your side may point us in correct direction a more clear view may be obtained.

Thanks

Mani

Bear with me please:

This is from SIPRI Yearbook 2009

Type (km)a (kg) Status
Aircraft
F-16A/B 1 600 4 500 32 aircraft, deployed in 3 squadrons; most likely
aircraft to have a nuclear delivery role
Ballistic missiles
Ghaznavi (Hatf-3) ~400 500 Entered service with Pakistani Army in 2004;
fewer than 50 launchers deployed; last testlaunched
13 Feb. 2008; believed to be a copy of
M-11 missile acquired from China in 1990s
Shaheen I (Hatf-4) >450b 750– Entered service with Pakistani Army in 2003;
1 000 fewer than 50 launchers deployed; last testlaunched
25 Jan. 2008
Shaheen II 2 000 ~1 000? First Army operational readiness launch on
19 Apr. 2008; second on 21 Apr. 2008c
Ghauri I (Hatf-5) >1 200 700– Entered service with Pakistani Army in 2003;
1 000 fewer than 50 launchers deployed; test-launched
in 1 Feb. 2008
Cruise missiles
Babur (Hatf-7) 700d . . Under development. Ground-launched version
tested three times in 2007 (Mar., Jun. and Dec).
Sea- and air-launched versions under
development too
Ra’ad (Hatf-8) 350 . . Under development; air-launched; first test launch
Aug. 2007; second 8 May 2008

link: http://www.sipri.org/research/armaments/nbc/nuclear/pakistan

Now since we may safely assume (and I say assume as its no way to verify the accuracy here) that SIPRI knows its business, then as per its Yearbook 2009 .... it shows that Ra'ad is under development.

Its exactly what guided me to state that as of yet PAF does not have an ALCM operationalised.

We too have a few Agni IIIs ready, and they are meant for testing modifications etc and can be pressed into service if needed, but they are far from inducted inspite of even user trial being successful recently.

Am sure that such a requirement for clarification is NOT tantamount to trolling and is fair if the whole aim is to garner more info.

And as per our own intelligence inputs and estimates (and I am sure of this) PAF does not have any ALCM operationally present in sufficient numbers to amount to a deployed system, situation akin to Indian plans for Brahmos!! However, if some source from your side may point us in correct direction a more clear view may be obtained.

Thanks

ready for test and being tested are two different thngs RA'AD was successfully tested i dun thnk after successfull testing it will b under development may it b another version? who knows but let me tell u one thng looks are often deceiving, v r a general public ,we only know what they want to tell us ,we dunt know whats cooking inside,Even when jf-17 was underproduction no one either in Pak or China knew that ,both countries denied the fact but we came to know only when they wanted us to know well its bit irrelevant but many thngs are kept secret ,its operational or not only ALLAH knows best and after that PAF knows best i cleared it b4 that its just the forsightedness and gut feeling,no one is disccusing it on surity basis neither backing it up with proofs

so better to leave this issue here

Even if RAAD is not tested now does not mean it will not be equipped on thunder. They will equip it with all the weapons systems they have as this is only logical. The nuclear capabilities have been there for quite a while now as the purpose of entire ROSE upgrade on Mirages was to add a lethal strike element to the existing capabilities. Avionics, EW, radar and weapons wise, they were the most advanced aircraft in PAF before thunder arrived.

Hellfire

Also u gave the refrence of SIPRI ,basically SIPRI is an independent organization whose work is to overview whats going around the whole world miltarily and they work is based upon the Internationl theories, its not a specific Pakistan based orginization or intelligence so the facts they provided will surely be taken by them through Pakistani sources or are based upon their personal perceptions so the question is again the surprise factor ,Pakistani officials will let them to know only that thng which they want them to know rest nobody in SIPRI knows so better not to get urself based 100% on SIPRI
Regards

Hellfire

Also u gave the refrence of SIPRI ,basically SIPRI is an independent organization whose work is to overview whats going around the whole world miltarily and they work is based upon the Internationl theories, its not a specific Pakistan based orginization or intelligence so the facts they provided will surely be taken by them through Pakistani sources or are based upon their personal perceptions so the question is again the surprise factor ,Pakistani officials will let them to know only that thng which they want them to know rest nobody in SIPRI knows so better not to get urself based 100% on SIPRI
Regards

Mani

That is why I stressed on our intell input as thats an added information source for me.
Also the fact is that 2 trials are actually too small a time frame for actual deployment of a weapon system until and unless its a proven tech which is being used. In that case, credence might be provided to rumors of cooperation with Denel in development of same as even the range limitation makes it compliant to MTCR regulations.

Lack of clarity in the whole issue.
Thanks anyways

Mani

That is why I stressed on our intell input as thats an added information source for me.
Also the fact is that 2 trials are actually too small a time frame for actual deployment of a weapon system until and unless its a proven tech which is being used. In that case, credence might be provided to rumors of cooperation with Denel in development of same as even the range limitation makes it compliant to MTCR regulations.

Lack of clarity in the whole issue.
Thanks anyways

Man i tried my best to clear the stuff by the way u welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom