What's new

Who will Win in a BD - Myanmar Naval War?

@arp2041 Myanmar's military is better equipped and trained than BD's. Plus they would have Chinese support, I think this is a no contest

@arp2041 Myanmar's military is better equipped and trained than BD's. Plus they would have Chinese support, I think this is a no contest

Bangladesh is the second largest purchaser of Chinese weapons.

China however has more investment in Burma.

A war ain't happening between BD and Burma.... Should it happen Burmese would back down as it has happened always ....

Burmese junta barely has control of its country.... They have a bigger military budget true but they are too busy killing their own people....

BD has its own problems but it is perfectly able to deal with banana republic only held together by force...

How about we make a deal with Myanmar, we will take the remaining Rohingya's, in return they:
- will support our inclusion in ASEAN group, IF Bangladesh ever wants to become a member of ASEAN
- allow Bangladeshi businesses to invest in and trade with Myanmar and
- allow a road/rail connection with Kunming via Myanmar-Bangladesh border and allow road/rail transit to China, Thailand and Laos

You usually talk a lot of nonsense but that sounds like a fine idea. BD will have to beef up immigration security on their borders, also. Or rather emmigration.

Who is to know its not in the agenda? Our politicians may be stupid, but Myanmar is in far better control of their country. The road to Thailand is already in progress.
The last time I was there ,the changes I saw was astronomical.
And BD people, mostly CTG showdagors are doing grand business there,for centuries, what I heard/saw.
I stayed at a hotel owned by a CTG person.

Don't you mean Myanmar muslims? Foreigners are not allowed to own anything, remember? Or are the successful ones 'CTG showdagors' but Rohingya are all Myanmar citizens and has nothing to do with BD?

Last edited:
You usually talk a lot of nonsense but that sounds like a fine idea. BD will have to beef up immigration security on their borders, also. Or rather emmigration.

Lets say my ideas evolve with time, specially the nitty gritty details of relationship between countries.

The way I see it, small countries like us always have to choose, we cannot afford to sit on the fence or be neutral or nonaligned. We should use our best judgement to see who will win in the mid and long term and then choose to ally with the winner.

The important powers in this region: USA, China and India (regional neighbor)

Who do you think will eventually win the race to become the number one superpower in the world? I would place my bet on China. Then everything else becomes a simple matter, to give preference to China's interest above others so China can also in return look after the interest of their ally. In a way we are lucky that world's future number one super power is right next to us. Not so good for big states like India as they have big dreams of their own. But really great for small nations like us whose small dream should be to live the under the protection of the big power and prosper due to that peace dividend and as an integrated part of a great big economy.

It is the classic empire and vassal state model of the old, nowadays we use more polite language and call it alliance. But not much have changed since old days, old wine in a new bottle as they say.

I see the future as China being the core of Asian economy and the rest of the countries around, ASEAN, Korean peninsula, South Asia, Central Asia and Russia, all will become periphery countries servicing this core.
World-systems theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is not good news for USA, EU, Japan and India and it is my prediction that their pivot to Asia to contain China will end in a miserable failure.

Now if we have this background context for our future in this region, both Bangladesh and Myanmar are in the same camp. The differences between us should be solved, as these are minor irritants for reaching both of our national goals, which is to become part of a great integrated economy in this space led by China.

The details can be worked out when this Indian puppet witch Hasina dies or is forced out of power. As long as she is there, she will follow India's orders to maintain hostile relations between Bangladesh and Myanmar, because that is in India's interest. I will not go into the details why, I am sure either you already know or are able to guess.

Once Bangladesh is no longer under Indian boot, then some deal will have to be worked out together with participation of ASEAN, UN, OIC etc. to see where this Rohingya population can be accommodated. The host countries including Bangladesh may demand some cost to absorb these people and these world and regional bodies will have to figure out where that fund will come from. If you guys do not want them, there should be a way to find a different place for them. As your neighbor and future ally/partner we should keep our eyes open for such possibilities.

These are just my personal opinion of course, just as an well wisher of Bangladesh and its people.

@Chinese-Dragon , you may find this interesting.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom