What's new

Vietnam, Myanmar eventful relationship.

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh visits Myanmar

Monday, March 12, 2012

(VOVworld)- Myanmar will continue its bilateral cooperation with Vietnam in regional and international issues of mutual concern. Myanmar President Thein Sein made the pledge while meeting with Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh, who is an official visit to the country today/Monday.
During talks with Myanmar Foreign Minister, both sides agreed on the organization of the 6th Trade Sub-Committee of the two countries, trade fairs, and exhibitions of Vietnamese goods in Myanmar. Minister Minh said Vietnam fully supports Myanmar to hold ASEAN presidency in 2014. The two leaders also shared opinions on the importance of ensuring peace, stability in the East Sea, settling disputes through peaceful means in accordance with international laws, and implementing the Declaration of Conduct in the East Sea with the aim to build a Code of Conduct in the East Sea.

At the same time, an independent team, led by HCM City Leader with fifty businesses also visiting Myanmar

Monday, Mar 12, 2012, Posted at: 12:10(GMT+7)

A delegation of Ho Chi Minh City leaders led by Le Thanh Hai, HCMC Party Secretary; Nguyen Thi Hong, Deputy Chairwoman, HCMC People’s Committee; and Nguyen Thi Thu Ha, Vice Secretary HCMC Party Committee, arrived in Myanmar yesterday( March 11) on a three day visit.
The visit to Myanmar by Comrade Hai is within the framework of diplomatic activities to further consolidate and develop Vietnam- Myanmar relations.

In the afternoon, Party Secretary Le Thanh Hai held talks with U Hla Myint, Mayor of Yangon, who applauded the Vietnamese delegation, saying their visit would help bring the traditional friendship and co-operation between Vietnam and Myanmar to a new level.

He also described the visit as an important political event to further deepen the friendly relations between HCMC and Yangon.

Comrade Hai appreciated the warm welcome of the Vietnamese delegation, and expressed his hope that the two cities would co-operate comprehensively in a range of areas and HCMC business circles would step up investments in Yangon in particular and in Myanmar in general.

He also introduced the 50 businessmen accompanying the delegation, who want to seek investment opportunities in Myanmar.

He thanked the local authorities as well as the Myanmar Government for creating favourable conditions for Vietnamese enterprises to effectively invest in their country.

The two sides made a commitment to give every priority to consolidating and strengthening the relationship between the two cities and the two countries.

The delegation also visited the National Museum of Myanmar where precious historical items are on display. Since 2009, the museum has exhibited a bronze statue of late Vietnamese President Ho Chi Minh, which was presented to Myanmar by the Vietnamese people.

During the three day visit, the delegation is expected to visit the Vietnamese Embassy in Myanmar.

Myanmar destroyers dock at Tien Sa port

QĐND - Monday, March 12, 2012, 20:32 (GMT+7)

Two Myanmar destroyers anchored at Tien Sa Port, Da Nang City on March 12th, starting its three-day visit to Vietnam for the first time of the year.
The “Ums Mahar Bandoola” (F-21) and the “Ums Mahar Thiha Thura” (F-23) of the Navy of Myanmar have the same technical parameters. Each is 103.2m long, 10.8m wide and weighs 1,726 tons with 123 crew members on board.

Welcoming the Myanmar guests, a representative from Naval Command Region 3 said the visit is a contribution to tightening the friendship between the two countries and to maintaining stability in the East Sea and in the region.

As envisaged, the visiting crew members will have a courtesy visit to Naval Command Region 3, leaders of Da Nang City People’s Committee and tour Hoi An’s Old Quarter.

These destroyers are the first military ships to call at Da Nang City this year.

http://vovworld.vn/en-US/News/Foreign-Minister-Pham-Binh-Minh-visits-Myanmar/73295.vov
http://www.saigon-gpdaily.com.vn/Hochiminhcity/2012/3/100252/
http://en.baomoi.com/Home/society/www.qdnd.vn/Myanmar-destroyers-dock-at-Tien-Sa-port/243030.epi

"Minh forwarded the best regards from President Truong Tan Sang and Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung to President Thein Sein.

He affirmed Vietnam ’s consistent policy of strengthening the traditional friendship and cooperation with Myanmar , adding that Vietnam was actively preparing for the upcoming visit of Thein Sein to Vietnam"

Foreign Minister begins Myanmar visit -- Vietnam+ (VietnamPlus)

I'm here Myanmar member :). That's a good news. Myanmar and Vietnam has long and good relations and good to see the bilateral economic and trade cooperation have grown and flourished as the years passed.:) I'd like to say very welcome Mr Foreign Minister to Myanmar :)

Wow, hi CorLeonis! welcome to the forum. :enjoy:
I hope that Myanmar and Vietnam, as well as countries in the region, will work together for peace of each country's development...

I'm here Myanmar member :). That's a good news. Myanmar and Vietnam has long and good relations and good to see the bilateral economic and trade cooperation have grown and flourished as the years passed.:) I'd like to say very welcome Mr Foreign Minister to Myanmar :)

China has always supported the aspirations of the Myanmar people.

Well, we should be happy, because Asia will not appear more a North Korea 2nd.
Burmese is integrating back to Asia and the free World....

This is highly hilarious coming from a Vietnamese. Vietnam and free world. :lol:

BTW, I didn't notice that Myangmar has ever shifted its geological position outside of Asia. :lol:

Götterdämmerung;2692601 said:
This is highly hilarious coming from a Vietnamese. Vietnam and free world. :lol:

BTW, I didn't notice that Myangmar has ever shifted its geological position outside of Asia. :lol:

Oh, We are still on way of integration with the world (flat world).
It brought more good things for us (only compare with our own past).
So I hope that good things also come to them, the Myanmar friends in ASEAN.
That what's wrong?

That what's wrong?

Nothing wrong with integrating with the world, but you put it in context with Vietnam as if you guys are already part of the free world. And what about the hilarious statement that Myanmar becomes part of Asia again?

In Vietnam people believe that Myanmar will develop faster than Vietnam, congratulation :tup:

Here is photo by Vietnamese girl, she is just visited Myanmar recently and posted on web Vietnam.

IMG_4198copy.jpg
Wow..That is Bagan, the great ancient city and really great photo.!!! I might have winked her when she was there :D

That what's wrong?

LOL.. nothing is wrong.. we all are friends ^^. I understand what you are trying to say.
Thanks you all my friends here for your welcome

Wow..That is Bagan, the great ancient city and really great photo.!!! I might have winked her when she was there :D

LOL.. nothing is wrong.. we all are friends ^^. I understand what you are trying to say.
Thanks you all my friends here for your welcome

Here is photo from herself, she made up herself with Myanmar's traditional type.

thanaka.jpg

I think Myanmar will follow open policy in foreigner affairs, to be friend with all nation in the world, it may similar to what Vietnam try to do.

Götterdämmerung;2692682 said:
Nothing wrong with integrating with the world, but you put it in context with Vietnam as if you guys are already part of the free world. And what about the hilarious statement that Myanmar becomes part of Asia again?

Myanmar is still present in the U.S and Western sanctions. If the embargo is lifted, then join to WTO, Myanmar will real "integration" return and development.
They had even been the richest country in Southeast Asia in the past.
But now they are lagging behind because the U.S and Western sanctions.
I think it's not too hard to understand that.
You are an Asian living in "the Western", why you did not understand that?

In Vietnam people believe that Myanmar will develop faster than Vietnam, congratulation :tup:

Here is photo by Vietnamese girl, she is just visited Myanmar recently and posted on web Vietnam.

IMG_4198copy.jpg

and more

http://http://www.otofun.net/threads/298261-burma-_van-vuong

It was wonderful, very beautiful photo. Myanmar was known as the "Country of the golden pagodas"...

Here is photo from herself, she made up herself with Myanmar's traditional type.

thanaka.jpg

I think Myanmar will follow open policy in foreigner affairs, to be friend with all nation in the world, it may similar to what Vietnam try to do.
She really looks like our native :) She apply our traditional Thanakha on her face. Beautiful :)
In 1971 Myanmar transformed its independent and non-aligned Foreign Policy to an independent and active Foreign Policy. It is an open policy and we are always willing to friends with all nations. But some barriers like the sanctions from West and EU block the way to our national goal.

Myanmar is still present in the U.S and Western sanctions. If the embargo is lifted, then join to WTO, Myanmar will real "integration" return and development.
They had even been the richest country in Southeast Asia in the past.
But now they are lagging behind because the U.S and Western sanctions.

That's right. At present, our new government has undertaken reforms process applying transparency policies, adoption of new policies and legislation. The progress is really good and we start to see the signs of lifting sanctions.

Back
Top Bottom