What's new

Who has the strongest navy in the Mediterranean Sea?

Who has the strongest navy in the Mediterranean Sea?

• Spain

• Italy

• Greece

• Turkey

• Egypt

• Israel

• France

Results are only viewable after voting.
To second Cabatli, the proper answer at best considering Montreux would be :

Russia IF Turkey …
as in if Turkey wants ( and allowing for a better Russian navy in the first place ).

BTW, there seems to be something wrong with your flags, tovarich Vasilyevich.

GN all, Tay.

http://sam.baskent.edu.tr/belge/Montreux_ENG.pdf

To second Cabatli, the proper answer at best considering Montreux would be :

Russia IF Turkey …
as in if Turkey wants ( and allowing for a better Russian navy in the first place ).

BTW, there seems to be something wrong with your flags, tovarich Vasilyevich.

GN all, Tay.

http://sam.baskent.edu.tr/belge/Montreux_ENG.pdf

I didn't get your point my friend. I supposed The thread is about the naval power projection of countries having a shore in Medditerranean sea. If We consider Montreux for Russia, Then We should accept Oceangoing Navies inside of that list which can pass through to Gibraltor strait or Suez channel to station their naval assets inside of Med. With this way, Everybody can feel free to rank USA or Indian or Japanese navies inside of this thread. :D

I supposed The thread is about the naval power projection of countries having a shore in Medditerranean sea. If We consider Montreux for Russia,

Well, first I was answering the addition of Russia in the same way you were, Cabatli, as incorrect to thread idea.
Then there is also a reason accept Russia & to mention Montreux : their deep water port that is fully available all
year round for surface ships in Sevastopol which is why the Crimean nab happened. Its vessels are those inten-
ded for the Mediterranean. Without it, they fall in the category of Oceanic navies you mention and not considered.
And since that fleet is subject to Montreux, it had to be named as a factor to boost your point?
What's more, that base in Syria ( Tartus ) makes it somewhat local even if the ships usually come from outside the
Mediterranean. Again, Montreux forbids permanent basing and exchanges between the two or you can bet that the
Black Sea fleet command would expand dramatically.

I was thus indeed seconding your answer as regards Russia being acceptable but also remember that others did
include Russia as Penguin in post 20 and many others the US. So using Montreux for the Med. part of Ru Navy fits?

And a great day to you my friend, Tay.

1) france
2) turkey
3) Egypt

- israel have some good subs but the surface fleet is depending on small corvettes and in small numbers

anyway this ranking will change by margin after that last deals made by Egypt (1 fremm frigate , 4 Gowind 2500 , 4 Type 209 subs ) and other small deals

No offence but Egypt has nothing (especially in numbers) in regards to Italy's FREMM's,Orizzonte destroyers or Spain's formidable Alvaro De Bazan destroyers,nevermind these 2 countries mini carriers.You can't rank Egypt above Spain or Italy.

No offence but Egypt has nothing (especially in numbers) in regards to Italy's FREMM's,Orizzonte destroyers or Spain's formidable Alvaro De Bazan destroyers,nevermind these 2 countries mini carriers.You can't rank Egypt above Spain or Italy.
no i am not offended we are just discussing , i respect all your opinions but the in the next years till 2018 the Egyptian navy will not be anything like our navy now and you will see , and about spain and italy their navies are bigger in number as they control a way bigger shores than us

no i am not offended we are just discussing , i respect all your opinions but the in the next years till 2018 the Egyptian navy will not be anything like our navy now and you will see , and about spain and italy their navies are bigger in number as they control a way bigger shores than us

Yes,and that's the ideea,their Navies are bigger and more advanced ,hence ,that's why i've challenged your ranking.Egypt bought 1 FREMM,Italy has 10 on order +2 Orrizonte destroyers,4 type 212 subs (2 in service,2 in order) +2 older Sauro class,their future hybrid frigates/OPV's are formidable ships with cutting edge weapons and cruise missiles.Etc,etc...

so you rank them now :-) between ( Egypt , France , Italy , Spain , Israel , Greece , Turkey ) but after taking a look on every navy equipment

so you rank them now :-) between ( Egypt , France , Italy , Spain , Israel , Greece , Turkey ) but after taking a look on every navy equipment

I pretty much know those Navies equipment.My opinion:

1.France
2.Italy
3.Spain
4.Turkey .....these 2 will reverse positions in 4-6 years if Turkey sticks to its modernisation programs
5.Greece
6.Israel (those subs,those subs......)
7.Egypt/Algeria.
8.Portugal
9.Morrocco

Last edited:

1.France
2.Italy
3.Spain
4.Turkey .....these 2 will reverse positions in 4-6 years if Turkey sticks to its modernisation programs
5.Greece
7.Egypt/Algeria.
8.Portugal
9.Morrocco

i would rank egypt at 5 atleast israel biggest surface ship is the Sa'ar 5-class which is about 1250 tons they only got subs and egypt got and will got

1 Fremm maybe another one in future as the order first was 2
2231466_original.jpg

4 modernized perry class

ENS Toushka.jpg

2 modernized knox class
Knox class.jpg

4 Ambassador mark III

Ambassador_MK_III_Missile_Boat_2.jpg

4 modernized Romeo Class with harpoon

11407024_381849915273011_2179227120480765557_n.jpg

beside all the other ships and equipment

we will receive first gowind 2500 corvette in early 2017
20141025091949_gow2.jpg

and in 2016 and 2017 , 4 Type 209 with their latest tech available

1.France
2.Italy
3.Spain
5.Greece
7.Egypt/Algeria.
8.Portugal
9.Morrocco

Italy:

Destroyer/Frigates

2 Orizzonte-class
2 Durand de la Penne class
4 Bergamini-class
8 Maestrale class (to be replaced by FREMM in future)
3 Lupo class (to be replaced by FREMM in future)

Coastal Patrol boats

4 Comandanti class
2 Sirio class
4 Cassiopea class
5 Minerva class

Submarines:

2 Type 212
4 Sauro class

-----------------------------------------------------------

Turkey:

Frigates:

8 Gabya-class
4 Barbaros-class
4 Yavuz-class

Corvettes:

2 Ada-class (+2 in production)
6 Burak-class

Missile boats:

9 Kılıç class
2 Yıldız class
4 Rüzgar class
4 Doğan class
4 Kartal class

S&R Open sea patrol vessel

4 Patrol vessel

Coastal patrol ASW boats:

16 Tuzla-class coastal patrol boasts

Submarines:

5 Atılay-class 209/1200
4 Preveze-class 209T1/1400
4 Gür-class 209T2/1400
6 U214/1200 Cerbe Class (Under production in Turkey)

Ongoing projects:

2 Milgem class (In production)
4+4 TF-100 Multi-purpose frigates (Detail design phase)
4 TF-2000 AAW frigates (detail design phase)
4+6 Turkish type Missile boats (On tender phase)
6 Cebre class submarine (U-214TN) (In production)
1 Juan Carlos LHD/Mini aircraft carrier (Signitures signed. It is expected to commence in following months)

Italy:

Destroyer/Frigates

2 Orizzonte-class
2 Durand de la Penne class
4 Bergamini-class
8 Maestrale class (to be replaced by FREMM in future)
3 Lupo class (to be replaced by FREMM in future)

Coastal Patrol boats

4 Comandanti class
2 Sirio class
4 Cassiopea class
5 Minerva class

Submarines:

2 Type 212
4 Sauro class

-----------------------------------------------------------

Turkey:

Frigates:

8 Gabya-class
4 Barbaros-class
4 Yavuz-class

Corvettes:

2 Ada-class (+2 in production)
6 Burak-class

Missile boats:

9 Kılıç class
2 Yıldız class
4 Rüzgar class
4 Doğan class
4 Kartal class

S&R Open sea patrol vessel

4 Patrol vessel

Coastal patrol ASW boats:

16 Tuzla-class coastal patrol boasts

Submarines:

5 Atılay-class 209/1200
4 Preveze-class 209T1/1400
4 Gür-class 209T2/1400
6 U214/1200 Cerbe Class (Under production in Turkey)

Ongoing projects:

2 Milgem class (In production)
4+4 TF-100 Multi-purpose frigates (Detail design phase)
4 TF-2000 AAW frigates (detail design phase)
4+6 Turkish type Missile boats (On tender phase)
6 Cebre class submarine (U-214TN) (In production)
1 Juan Carlos LHD/Mini aircraft carrier (Signitures signed. It is expected to commence in following months)

Catabali, would say that by 2030, Turkey's navy projects that you mentioned will be completed and fully operational?

Catabali, would say that by 2030, Turkey's navy projects that you mentioned will be completed and fully operational?

Most of strategic warship designs have been completed. With complation of third and fourth Milgems in Golcuk shipyard around 2017, Construction of TF-100 and TF-2000 frigates will be commenced quickly. Aselsan is developing mast radar complex called CAFRAD in a paralel schedule with TF2000 since Cafrad will be the main sensor/radar of that project. A likely delay on CAFRAD project will simultaneously cause a delay for TF-2000 project as well. TF-100 project is like cont. of Milgem project with a longer hull design (Dep. around 3000 tonnes) to install vertical launch systems...

Milgem
unled2mk.jpg

TF-100 (I class frigate)
1-jpg.222318.jpg

TF-2000 rough hull design

8x5 cell MK-41 foredeck
8x1 cell MK-41 back part
2 RAM launchers
Korkut-D CIWS
Laser gun
16 SSM Atmaca
127mm main gun

mP1GN4.jpg

Details of TF2000 CAFRAD mast radar
CAFRAD

• ASELSAN ÇAFRAD ÇFR (Multi-function radar)
  • ASELSAN ÇAFRAD AYR (Illumination/fire-control radar)
  • ASELSAN ÇAFRAD UMR (Long range radar)
  • ASELSAN ÇAFRAD IFF
  • ASELSAN ÇAFRAD EW

CAFRAD IFF has a range of 400km
CAFRAD main radar has a range of around 450km with 90 degree coverage each: 450+450: 900km range horizontal line.
CAFRAD based Land long range radar: 500km
CAFRAD EW sensor called ARES 2N, has an attacking range over 100km
rQZEqm.jpg

Aprox. ÇAFRAD coverage for 4 TF-2000 frigates
893623A46HYS2CIAAcaxo1.jpg

Details about TF-100 called I class frigate
2g878q.jpg

New warships will be revealed with domestic Anti-ship missile called Atmaca that is going to replace all Harpoon and Exocet missiles on Turkish platforms...

tIrP9qb.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom