What's new

Who are the TOP 5 Muslim Navies?

why Iran?-
you think midget subs and flying boats makes a good navy?-

Firstly, Iran hasn't only midget subs, but also three Kilo subs. Secondly, those midget subs are perfectly fit for the Persian Gulf, and are in fact more deadlier than their Kilo subs are. Plus Iran is capable of overhauling and manufacturing its own subs, frigates, etc. Being self sufficient is a big plus.

Unlike Iran in the Persian Gulf, Pakistan isn't really a naval force to be reckoned with.

can we have a comparsion between iran and pakistan navy fleet?

since i know Turkish navy is above both.

And please dont count number of submarine or frigate since in iran case..they have alot of mini submarine as well as 1000-1500tons corvette renamed as frigate.

so please make a bold comparision..or else i will have to do it if someone doesnt respond till tonight :D

can we have a comparsion between iran and pakistan navy fleet?
Major force of Iranian navy is 3 Kilo submarines since Russia stopped their maintenance their condition is not known. All the rest are basically some ancient junk and kamikaze vessels.

Pakistan has 3 Agosta 90B, 2 Agosta 70 subs and 10 frigates (which are quite weak in modern terms though).

Major force of Iranian navy is 3 Kilo submarines since Russia stopped their maintenance their condition is not known. All the rest are basically some ancient junk and kamikaze vessels.

Pakistan has 3 Agosta 90B, 2 Agosta 70 subs and 10 frigates (which are quite weak in modern terms though).

from my understand.

Pakistan has 11 frigates and all of them are between 3-4k tons vis a vis iran has 6-7 frigates and all of them are below 2k tons

pakistan has 3 agosta90b with AIP and agosta70 as well those are to be upgraded very soon

iran has 1 destroyer but that is not even better than the f-22p frigate of PN..

while the close level future of PN include 4 more f-22p renamed as f-23p with higher displacement and mid range SAM.
Six chinese submarine and 1 nuclear submarine in the list as well.

as per an internview of GIDS official..the GIDS has also proposed a design of 1000tons corvette to PN to be built in Karachi shipyard

As per my understanding PN not only has more ships than iranian navy but also modern and more capable..future is also in favour of PN.

So i would rank Pakistan below turkey only in muslim majority countries

COmparing the pak and iran navies.

current fleet only

Frigates

4xf-22p with more than 3000t displacement
1x OHP with displacement more than 4000tons
6x tariq class with again displacement more than 3000tons

submarine

3 agosta90b with AIP
2 agosta70 to be upgraded soon

destroyers.
tariq class are also termed as destroyer in PN

2 squadron of mirage with exocet for antiship defence purpose.of them 1 squadron is soon to be replaced with JFT with cm-400akg carrier killer and c-802 ASHM

i am not considering patrol boats or support ships

Iranian navy

frigates

2x moje friagates with displacement of 1500tons
3x alvand again with displacement of 1500tons
1x sahand..still not active but i will still put this into the list with displacement of 2000tons

destroyers
1 destroy with less than 1500tons displacement

submarine

3x kilo class

i am not considering submarine below 500tons into the list.so no mini subs in thelist

so now i will put this to you guys..which navy is better.

my source

List of current ships of the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of active Pakistan Navy ships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

COmparing the pak and iran navies.

current fleet only

Frigates

4xf-22p with more than 3000t displacement
1x OHP with displacement more than 4000tons
6x tariq class with again displacement more than 3000tons

submarine

3 agosta90b with AIP
2 agosta70 to be upgraded soon

destroyers.
tariq class are also termed as destroyer in PN

2 squadron of mirage with exocet for antiship defence purpose.of them 1 squadron is soon to be replaced with JFT with cm-400akg carrier killer and c-802 ASHM

i am not considering patrol boats or support ships

Iranian navy

frigates

2x moje friagates with displacement of 1500tons
3x alvand again with displacement of 1500tons
1x sahand..still not active but i will still put this into the list with displacement of 2000tons

destroyers
1 destroy with less than 1500tons displacement

submarine

3x kilo class

i am not considering submarine below 500tons into the list.so no mini subs in thelist

so now i will put this to you guys..which navy is better.

my source

List of current ships of the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of active Pakistan Navy ships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arre bhai,

Jo bolna hai khul ke bolo.

Pakistani Navy is better.

Ab khus.

Arre bhai,

Jo bolna hai khul ke bolo.

Pakistani Navy is better.

Ab khus.

well no.

iran or pakistan better for us it doesnt matter.

what i meant is look up yourself into the ships and related force of the navy of both the countries and decide yourself.

do comparision on your own.

Where does the strongest muslim navy rank in world comparison?

I can't put a number on us but I can give facts.

* Türk Deniz Kuvvetleri has the world's 2nd largest Amphibious Battle Fleet of the world. Also 5th or 6th in the number of ships.

* Trains Sailors and Marines up to NATO standarts. TN has led international and NATO task forces many times. Also the succes of Turkish Marines in Afghanistan is well known.

* There's been an on-job training agreement between the USN, Royal Navy and TN.

* Turkish Naval Academy trains Sailors from various nations around the world (South Korea, Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Algeria, Bulgaria, Georgia, Bangladesh, I've also seen a US Midshipman at the Academy)

* Turkey has a Naval Tradition. And she's the world's oldest existing Navy, even older than the British. Official Foundation Date: 10th June 1081

* Next Generation Corvettes, type 209 and Type 214 submarines, upcoming LHD, upcoming 7,000 tone destroyer.

It's your choice to put TN in a number at the world class ;)

Won't that title go to Iran.:undecided:

Barring Turkey, rest do not have a navy to speak of.

Nope :). At close to BC 230 Iran's ships were in order but didn't had a command structure. They made it later.

lol ! I looked for Muslim navy capability, all seems puny to me...

Don't start a troll war please. To answer, TN is at the same par with yours. By your way of logic, your navy which I also like is also puny

pakistan navy has battle kills(both through submarine and destroyers) so i would definitely put pakistani military(having experience and history) above many others newbies including indonesia, malaysia, KSA(doesnt even have a sub) etc

there are many members just ignoring pakistan, their knowledge is hilarious

as far as best muslim navy goes, the idea itself is very childish

oh , i need to improve my reading skills as i initially read the title something else.

from my understand.

Pakistan has 11 frigates and all of them are between 3-4k tons vis a vis iran has 6-7 frigates and all of them are below 2k tons

pakistan has 3 agosta90b with AIP and agosta70 as well those are to be upgraded very soon

iran has 1 destroyer but that is not even better than the f-22p frigate of PN..

while the close level future of PN include 4 more f-22p renamed as f-23p with higher displacement and mid range SAM.
Six chinese submarine and 1 nuclear submarine in the list as well.

as per an internview of GIDS official..the GIDS has also proposed a design of 1000tons corvette to PN to be built in Karachi shipyard

As per my understanding PN not only has more ships than iranian navy but also modern and more capable..future is also in favour of PN.

So i would rank Pakistan below turkey only in muslim majority countries

Can you give me a link?

Back
Top Bottom